Slash played Don’t Damn Me with Todd Kerns on vocals

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting that Rocket Man is being played, given that was long rumoured to be something GNR were going to be doing live.

I thought that was bennie and the jets not rocket man. Or am I missing something 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I like the song, but I like it better when Axl sings it.

Slash's "improvising" is an annoyance. Just play the damn solo as it's supposed to be played. It's part of the song. You want to improvise join a fucking jazz band or something.

You can hear he didn't bother practicing it, it's just the way he does things these days. Good enough for him, obviously.

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Not true he was at his best during VR Libertad era, Slash self tilted & early SMKC. All sober. He’s sucked since GN’R reunion 

Slash wasn't all sober during some of the VR years. he was fucked up on oxy and drunk during some of that time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Not true he was at his best during VR Libertad era, Slash self tilted & early SMKC. All sober. He’s sucked since GN’R reunion 

He's probably just bored with these songs and starts improvising because of it. I'm still hoping Slash will release a great solo album.

23 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

just seen that Perfect Crime & Bad Apples are alt choices in the set trying to find out if where i saw it from is reliable or not

If that's the case it'd be awesome if they play bad apples, I totally love the guitar solo in it! That would make my day

3 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

If that's the case it'd be awesome if they play bad apples, I totally love the guitar solo in it! That would make my day

It still apparently doesn't mean Slash would play the right solo :lol:

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash wasn't all sober during some of the VR years. he was fucked up on oxy and drunk during some of that time.

That’s true. I was there for those shows when he was falling off stage. That’s why I specified the Libertad era

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It still apparently doesn't mean Slash would play the right solo :lol:

Yea it’s bad enough he doesn’t take the time to learn CD solos but his own solos? Dead Horse, Yesterdays & now Don’t Damn Me? Just proves how bored he is with anything old.

Slash improvised a lot in the UYI days too but I feel like he never strayed too far from the essence of any given solo. He was always hitting the chord and melodic changes even with flashes of pure improvisation. This solo starts off fine enough but then he seems to just stray off in both meter and melody. It's not the worst thing I've heard from how much he noodles these days, but still a little disappointing considering how perfect the original solo is.

Still, it's a fantastic overall performance. Todd is truly a great vocalist (as he is with Bruce Kulick doing the KISS stuff) and it's way more interesting than anything Guns N' Generals are doing.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 6:47 PM, kingcanyon said:

About 2 minutes of it

Haha that solo, well let's just say I got an opinion about that one! Almost sounds a bit like welp I fucked that one up i'll just improvise myself a way out of this. I'm a guitarist and have gone down this route many a time. Nevertheless it's a freaking awesome song.