Slash played Don’t Damn Me with Todd Kerns on vocals

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Hints for what?

Axl knows very well how Slash operates and that he likes to write, record and release new music.

I doubt Slash is one of those guys that will go that far with thinking about it. he probably just thought it would be cool to play these Gn'R tunes with The Conspirators and didn't want to wait for the possible scenario of Axl being in the mood to even attempt what I consider to be difficult songs to perform live for a singer.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Don’t look at them as hints to Axl. Look at them as gifts to the fans. Songs you won’t hear otherwise at any GNR show. And songs he isn’t tired of playing each night for years now. 

it is my take, he is tired play the same songs for many years, my post don't was literally, just it serve like hint to Axl too. 

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Slash has a third album since the reunion going to drop soon. 

If he’s dropping hints, Axl certainly doesn’t take them :lol:

Exactly, Slash not has been successful about hint to Axl :D

• Haha 2

Duff : "hey Slash, how are U dude? took a shit the other day reading The Wall Street Journal and then I had this idea for a song, it's a GNR song, it's called Dropping Hints, and it's like, you know, a new kind of Welcome To The Jungle but it's about treasury Inflation-protected securities and stuff, it's deep man...Slash? "

- the subscriber you have dialed is not in service

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

I'm not a fan of SMKC....because of the MK that sings.
Great voice....but not for GNR songs according to me.
(Sorry for all his fans, no offence)

So I was wondering....why is he singing....and not that Todd Kerns guy.
Don't damn me and Bad apples with him on vocals are more than just OK to me.

• Like 3

Both are well played (DDM solo was bad though) but what shines through is that even with a competent singer the songs don’t hit the same without Axl. This isn’t a comment on how he could do it justice in 2024…just a fact that when you replace him with any other singer it just doesn’t sound right. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

That or the UYI boxset reminded him that those songs exist.

I think it's the UYI boxset that reminded him of them. My guess is he had probably not heard or thought of DDM and BA in years then heard them again when going through the stuff for the boxset and thought maybe I'll try them with SMKC if we're not doing them in GnR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Seems like he got lost in the middle of the solo, but overall he definitely kept to the structure and main bits more than I would have expected based on Don't Damn Me.

the harmonic + bending the string behind the nut was unexpected

I just read through 5-6 pages about Slash's playing and all I can add to that is that whenever I saw Slash (reunion GnR twice, Slash and Myles multiple times, Velvet Revolver once at a festival as well) everyone I talked to after highlighted that his playing was easily the highlight :D 

• Like 3

On 2/25/2024 at 1:39 PM, avahland said:

I'm not a fan of SMKC....because of the MK that sings.
Great voice....but not for GNR songs according to me.
(Sorry for all his fans, no offence)

So I was wondering....why is he singing....and not that Todd Kerns guy.
Don't damn me and Bad apples with him on vocals are more than just OK to me.

Was just thinking this. I thought I just didn’t like his voice, but then I listened to Alter Bridge and now love it. Never quite warmed up to the Conspirators 

1 minute ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Was just thinking this. I thought I just didn’t like his voice, but then I listened to Alter Bridge and now love it. Never quite warmed up to the Conspirators 

If only Myles was more of a dick like most lead singers we would probably have a lot more cool Slash music to listen to because he would have teamed up with somebody else three Conspirators albums ago. Damn you, Myles! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/21/2024 at 5:05 AM, Blackstar said:

Yes.

He did audition (or at least asked to try out) before they got Scott:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4932-2003-01-03-chart-attack-can-todd-kerns-fill-axl-roses-leather-pants

I remember when Todd auditioned for The Project. I was locked in to every single aspect of that band. Exciting times but heart breaking when Izzy ducked out

• Like 3