DeadSlash

"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

9 hours ago, DonkeyNuts said:

You call a motorola razer a "golden v-type'? hahaha! what a dork!

Yeah well, I'm a big expert in this field. It is sort of a v-type though, isn't it.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

How exactly could one use his bullshit against the band's progress? Also, why is he so afraid of folks quoting him? If he was straightforward and cut the crap, he wouldn't have to care about such details. Again, pathetic.

Edit: "Selects have taken a pause and unsure of its future." In other words, that was it. Once again, "TB" written all over it. Unbelievable, really. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

Seriously, Selects paused indefinitely after only two premiers? I am not sure what to say, I thought the last Selects was a huge step forward in quality to the last one and was exactly what I wanted if new music was off the table

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems Fernando got in trouble for going to the discord - maybe for the selects also.

This.  I know Fernando is blamed for alot of stuff going wrong but from my perspective, not being on the board for very long, it seems it is more about Axl, initially Fernando  seemed to be quite happy  with the selects then a pause then we are told  no more, as if someone had questioned tham.  Also with discord.  Most people have been here for a long time and as a consequence have more awareness of the workings of GNR, so why do you think most TB stuff is down to Fernando and not Axl? 

I cant help feeling Fernando gets his attitude from Axl, simple as that.  Why Axl is the way he is to his fans, god knows.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

This.  I know Fernando is blamed for alot of stuff going wrong but from my perspective, not being on the board for very long, it seems it is more about Axl, initially Fernando  seemed to be quite happy  with the selects then a pause then we are told  no more, as if someone had questioned tham.  Also with discord.  Most people have been here for a long time and as a consequence have more awareness of the workings of GNR, so why do you think most TB stuff is down to Fernando and not Axl? 

Cause this easily offended weak little person is called manager, and a proper manager would work things out, and communicate in a professional way, regardless if it's TBs or the bands decision, and not blame the fans for every shit he can’t personaly deal with. But the only thing he does, is ruining the last bit of a reputation the band has.

43 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I cant help feeling Fernando gets his attitude from Axl, simple as that.  Why Axl is the way he is to his fans, god knows.

Axl may not care about the most things going on with the band anymore, and exactly therefor i don't see him sitting in his living room making his mind up about how to get out more and more useless merch, and how to dissapoint the fanbase on every kind of level.

TB has gotten to much power from Axl at some point, and that's the worst.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Remember when they announced the children's book and everyone here bitched about it?

Well Fernando has learned his lesson. He knows he fucked up, and he knows how to fix it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the product you've all been waiting for... a coffee table book. AND THEN ANOTHER PHOTO BOOK.

GET YOUR F'N WALLETS READY FAM. THESE PIX ARE LIT AF.

I hate him so much. I wish he would just stop breathing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

How exactly could one use his bullshit against the band's progress? Also, why is he so afraid of folks quoting him? If he was straightforward and cut the crap, he wouldn't have to care about such details. Again, pathetic.

Edit: "Selects have taken a pause and unsure of its future." In other words, that was it. Once again, "TB" written all over it. Unbelievable, really. 

maybe axl doesnt like them. I doubt the other band members would have a major care factor about them.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EricA said:

Cause this easily offended weak little person is called manager, and a proper manager would work things out, and communicate in a professional way, regardless if it's TBs or the bands decision, and not blame the fans for every shit he can’t personaly deal with. But the only thing he does, is ruining the last bit of a reputation the band has.

Axl may not care about the most things going on with the band anymore, and exactly therefor i don't see him sitting in his living room making his mind up about how to get out more and more useless merch, and how to dissapoint the fanbase on every kind of level.

TB has gotten to much power from Axl at some point, and that's the worst.

lets be honest a proper managed band that commuicates well on social media wouldnt need to be on reddit like fernando is. I dont understand how say SMKC manage social media well, where GNR seems to be stuck pre- internet days.

Im sure say slash and duff would like to use social media to the max with this band, as they use it well for their solo stuff. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

maybe axl doesnt like them. I doubt the other band members would have a major care factor about them.

Right but if he didn't, wouldn't he have seen them before they were posted? And a word or two on clarification as to why it's been shut down would also be nice. But that would only be possible in a different dimension with proper management apparently. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Right but if he didn't, wouldn't he have seen them before they were posted? And a word or two on clarification as to why it's been shut down would also be nice. But that would only be possible in a different dimension with proper management apparently. 

I agree, communication with the band is just shit. I wonder if axl really cares about how GNR is seen to its fanbase?.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

the management of this band is very poor (to put it mildly) but I really think it's perfectly possible Axl could have not seen it before it was posted and then got upset cause he didn't like his performance on the clips.

I think it's like this weird mix of poor communication, a policy of saying as little as possible to avoid risk and pissing off Axl but they still have power to make decisions cause maybe Axl doesn't want to be notified on every decision they make.

It happened before with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree, communication with the band is just shit. I wonder if axl really cares about how GNR is seen to its fanbase?.

I honestly doubt it. They had stuff to prove in the heydays, but now they already are an established legend and have TB to handle the PR so that they don’t have to care about it. And I imagine if Slash or Duff didn’t like the way of the management, it would be kinda tricky to confront Axl about it, since the Lebeis family has been such an engraved part of his life. They probably wouldn’t wanna stir up the waters of the renewed relationship. 

I mean, I can try not being negative over TB all the time, but given the amount of crap surrounding their activities, someone please show me a single nice thing they’ve done apart from booking gigs and releasing merch, i.e. quick and easy money. The L&L box maybe, but how much work did they do on it themselves? Show me something that speaks of an open, friendly approach to all kinds of fans, not just to the casuals wanting to hear greatest hits. A hint of professionalism, meaning e.g. if I can’t seem to be able to understand all the details of business/PR, maybe I could hire or ask someone else for help. A proof that F’nando isn’t just an arrogant prick. Something, anything. Every day I’m proven the opposite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

It's happened before with with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

It has happened with Doug Goldstein, too. He had officially announced the album would come out in June and booked a tour (which was postponed, then rescheduled and then cancelled) and Axl said he learned from the internet he had a tour booked (unclear if he meant the booked tour in general or the rescheduling of it).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

the management of this band is very poor (to put it mildly) but I really think it's perfectly possible Axl could have not seen it before it was posted and then got upset cause he didn't like his performance on the clips.

I think it's like this weird mix of poor communication, a policy of saying as little as possible to avoid risk and pissing off Axl but they still have power to make decisions cause maybe Axl doesn't want to be notified on every decision they make.

It happened before with a different manager (Merck Mercuriadis) when Merck said that Chinese could just appear in stores one day, kinda out of the blue and that there were "13 Tuesdays left". Axl seemed angry and fired Merck and made it clear it absolutely didn't represent the band's wishes or came from him.

That is possible indeed, but in that case, it again speaks of TB’s erroneousness, since if they chose something from 2016, I can’t imagine Axl would have anything against it – he was killing it that year. So why these shitty performances? Right at the start again. 
And in any case, F. could have given us at least some answer regarding the reason. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It has happened with Doug Goldstein, too. He had officially announced the album would come out in June and booked a tour (which was postponed, then rescheduled and then cancelled) and Axl said he learned from the internet he had a tour booked (unclear if he meant the booked tour in general or the rescheduling of it).

yeah I always keep reminding myself that even though TB could maybe learn a thing or two about communication and the management of a big name band such as Gn'R, they're not free to do whatever they like or to divulge much information. Their job is to keep this thing going while always making sure Axl is satisfied so some issues reflect his possible unwillingness to deal with much of it when it happens so he delegates authority and with a classic boss move he expresses his dissatisfaction with some of his team's decisions only after they've made them.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

That is possible indeed, but in that case, it again speaks of TB’s erroneousness, since if they chose something from 2016, I can’t imagine Axl would have anything against it – he was killing it that year. So why these shitty performances? Right at the start again. 
And in any case, F. could have given us at least some answer regarding the reason. 

who knows who chose what. A good management team would have made sure that in general this shit doesn't happen very often. Not by just doing as little as possible, but to anticipate bad moves. I don't think Fernando can give some answer or reason without Axl selling all of his toys tbh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"Move on", that's also a nice one. 

As fans, we're basically somewhere between "That's a question for the management" and "Move on". Great! 

Edited by jamillos

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

got upset cause he didn't like his performance on the clips.

Maybe he could do something about his performance, then we wouldn't have this problem.

There are no questions I could think to ask really other than "when is new music coming" which wouldn't get an answer. 

I genuinely can't think of anything else to ask that would receive a meaningful answer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

There are no questions I could think to ask really other than "when is new music coming" which wouldn't get an answer. 

I genuinely can't think of anything else to ask that would receive a meaningful answer. 

This. It's a waste of time and energy. 

• Like 1