"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbf to Fernendo you've removed the context of the less than pleasant initial comments.

The worst one of his in that thread is him responding with "move on" to questions. Who talks like that to fans?

I removed nothing  everybody who wants to, can read that shit...i only screenshoted his answer, which, to whatever, even if it's criticism, is completely inappropriate and embarrassing for a "manager".

39 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Is Axl informed about the fans' reactions to the leaks and that many fans in the online communities liked what they heard?"

Fernando: "Move on".

What a fuckin clown.

This is the comment that genuinely made me take pause. 

Not the appropriate tone to take with your fans.

I don't think TB are equipped to deal with the current circumstances in an appropriate way. They do fine at making sure the band stays on the road consistently (which is a talent in itself) but when robbed of the ability to tour their weaknesses are really on display.

They should have blocked the announcement of the 'new' GH until ALL tour dates were rescheduled or cancelled (*cough* EU dates). As it stand it just looks like TB love to milk fans with merch and might get round to sorting refunds if they feel like it.

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

I removed nothing  everybody who wants to, can read that shit...i only screenshoted his answer, which, to whatever, even if it's criticism, is completely inappropriate and embarrassing for a "manager".

Fair but the context is important. And I don't disagree that Fernando's tone is very poor.

For reference it's spread across two comments (Which I mostly agree with in sentiment just not in execution, Fernando's comments aren't appropriate and by the same measure these below comments aren't either ):

It's not harassment, its fans pissed off at being taken for mugs, we love this band but the amateur management is a joke, they treat us like idiots but when a fan has a go back suddenly it's bullying? Come on... Fans stick through this band ( several lineups through thick & thin and bad times too) and all we get is #Kind... For god sake, stop taking the piss out of us and give us something more then a 16 year old crap GH record thats got the best tracks MISSING

An all new show, or NITL is irrelevant, it's just a tour name, we want to be excited to go, not already know what's coming before we enter the stadiums

---------------

Who's name calling? Stop being to touchy...its a huge band we're talking about not some new indi band off the streets that are trying to be noticed... They're treating the fans like idiots, i dont know what GNR needs apart from new management, 20 years we've had one great studio album, a crap greatest hits. A re recorded live era, appetite for democracy with the weakest setlist of the whole residency on there now GH again with shadow thrown on? Yes the tours are great ive been to most since 2002 but stop talking the piss team Brazil

49 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence?

I must say, it is disheartening seeing pretty much every single meaningful thing that would be good for fan morale (new music, live releases, Axl Q&A) being met with one of three responses:  "Possibly", "we discussed it but nothing planned", or just a flat out "no" with him on Reddit recently.  

I rarely listen to GNR anymore because it is hard to keep things fresh when you only have a single digit amount of studio albums to listen to in a 30+ year span of a musical career from that band, and feeling like nothing is on the horizon.  I come on here still but as far as my GNR fandom that is pretty much it until something new occurs.  

The "Selects" live videos were a good step forward giving us a live premier to all tune into at the same time but they just essentially killed that idea too.  It sucks

Edited by WhazUp

One common trait in 99.9% of everyone Ive ever had the chance to meet in the music biz, with non-performing roles, is that they are extremely pleasant to be around. Professional and courteous sure, but also usually wise and fun. They are people-persons who can usually hang with just about anyone and find a groove. For actual working professionals in the industry, they have to be into people because they are stuck with them on buses and backstage for months on end. Also many of them still work part time in music retail, or thats where they came up through. Manners and service is just so ingrained into the culture. But then again, if you didnt come up in the industry and were just handed a title, I guess you wouldnt be part of that culture.

And its not like this is the old local promotors wild west days anymore. Back then Zeppelin needed a tough as nails manager to make sure they got paid! Now with near monopolies booking the tours for the bands theres absolutely zero excuse to have a bulldog on your team.

• Like 2

As ridiculous as he comes off, I don't think he really has control over much of anything except the embarrassing merch. It's probably not worth being mad over. 

He has his position because he just does what Axl wants and is so financially and socially dependent on him, he won't fuck Axl over like a lot of managers of yesteryear (from his perspective). 

If Axl wanted videos, they'd be out. If he wanted a live CD, we'd have it. If a UYI box set comes out, it'll be from a label push and band agreement. And if Axl wanted us to know about any of it in advance, Fernando would oblige. Just blast Beggars and Hangers On and toast one to flebeis. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3

He doesn't even give the same answers to the same or similar questions.

Question: Is there a plan to release a Use Your Illusion box set next year?

Fernando: We have talked about the idea internally, nothing more than that.

Other question: If there is talk of a UYI boxset, will there also be a consideration of CD boxset (really hope so)?

Fernando: There’s no talk on either, as of yet

-------

Question: Will there be standalone live releases in the future of gigs from throughout the bands career - Ritz 88, UYI gig, CD gig, NITL gig?

Fernando: We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others. 

Other question: Hi Fernando, I was wondering if there is any talk of streaming a full show from the NITL tour? Maybe a PPV style thing to raise money for Covid relief or something. I would love to have a blu ray to buy or to stream a show in great quality because I know I won’t get to see the band for at least a year. I still watch the appetite for democracy 2012 blu ray but would love something similar from the Slash/Duff lineup.

Fernando: Yes, we do have a live release in the works.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ant said:

As ridiculous as he comes off, I don't think he really has control over much of anything except the embarrassing merch. It's probably not worth being mad over. 

He has his position because he just does what Axl wants and is so financially and socially dependent on him, he won't fuck Axl over like a lot of managers of yesteryear (from his perspective). 

If Axl wanted videos, they'd be out. If he wanted a live CD, we'd have it. If a UYI box set comes out, it'll be from a label push and band agreement. And if Axl wanted us to know about any of it in advance, Fernando would oblige. Just blast Beggars and Hangers On and toast one to flebeis. 

You know what Fernando does have control over? Not acting like an entitled asshole and insulting / talking down to fans. 

If he just talked to us like we were real people and even gave a remote shit about what the fans of the band have been through, our attitude would be completely different. 

Dude seems to get a thrill from flaunting the fact that he was born into a super privileged world. Good for him, I guess? Doesn't mean any of us have to like it or even accept it. 

Sometimes I feel like GN'R fandom is a sick cult and the more people that escape, the better lol 

• Like 4

At least he answered my 3 questions:

Question: Is there any update about GNR online community copyright takedowns?

Fernando: I have advised the different legal departments that works for us and the take downs were legal even though it was not made by any of our teams.

Question: Is there any plan of releasing AFD or UYI Pro shots? Guns N' Roses owns their content from those era's?

Fernando: As of now, no, but yes we do own the footage.

Question: Any chance to release some official documental or some kind of series?

Fernando: When the time comes. Right now our main focus is to continue the greatness that is the band and what’s ahead.

19 minutes ago, Rodri99 said:

At least he answered my 3 questions:

Question: Is there any update about GNR online community copyright takedowns?

Fernando: I have advised the different legal departments that works for us and the take downs were legal even though it was not made by any of our teams.

Question: Is there any plan of releasing AFD or UYI Pro shots? Guns N' Roses owns their content from those era's?

Fernando: As of now, no, but yes we do own the footage.

Question: Any chance to release some official documental or some kind of series?

Fernando: When the time comes. Right now our main focus is to continue the greatness that is the band and what’s ahead.

This isn't a shot at you at all, but those aren't "answers". 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You know what Fernando does have control over? Not acting like an entitled asshole and insulting / talking down to fans. 

If he just talked to us like we were real people and even gave a remote shit about what the fans of the band have been through, our attitude would be completely different. 

Dude seems to get a thrill from flaunting the fact that he was born into a super privileged world. Good for him, I guess? Doesn't mean any of us have to like it or even accept it. 

Sometimes I feel like GN'R fandom is a sick cult and the more people that escape, the better lol 

Nah I mean you’re totally right. It’s not even up for debate, at this point. Anyone who defends that kind of needless ungraciousness is a masochist fan who just loves this band a little too much. 

But there is no changing it.

So my thinking was you can rage or just kinda stand back and shrug. And not get carried away in thinking he has the ability to really shift the course of this band, it’s content or media strategy in any substantive way relative to Axl. The proof of which is in all the stuff he says not coming true or being vague / contradictory. It’s not lies, it’s just fluff. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nah I mean you’re totally right. It’s not even up for debate, at this point. Anyone who defends that kind of needless ungraciousness is a masochist fan who just loves this band a little too much. 

But there is no changing it.

So my thinking was you can rage or just kinda stand back and shrug. And not get carried away in thinking he has the ability to really shift the course of this band, it’s content or media strategy in any substantive way relative to Axl. The proof of which is in all the staff he says not coming true or being vague / contradictory. It’s not lies, it’s just fluff. 

For sure. I get what you're saying. I've resigned myself to the "stand back and shrug" crowd but every so often I see these conversations pop up and it makes me juuust angry enough to chime in. 

• Like 1

Fernando's terrible attitude makes me want leaks even more, just to watch him squirm.

It would be funny and fitting if the next big leak came directly from him making a foolish decision somehow. Leaving a laptop with the new GNR album on it in a train or something.

Hopefully something like that ends up being the final straw and Axl brings in a real manager.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

1dniphp.jpg

3bkcig.jpg

What's this "we" and "our" rubbish he's talking about ? He has contributed the square root of fuck all to any of the videos that were taken down, and he doesn't own anything and he said he's been involved with the band since 1996 which was the start of a less than stellar period where the lead guitarist and bass player left and there's been a so so live album and Chinese democracy in 24 years. I wouldn't be bringing that up. 

Fernando is doing more harm that good to GNR and not just by his attitude but his management. 

• Like 1