The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

https://loudwire.com/james-hetfield-metallica-new-music/

This isn't a drill. James Hetfield posted an audio announcement saying "new Metallica music" is coming tomorrow, July 15.

"Hey, this is James from Metallica. Tune in on Wednesday to hear new Metallica music from S&M2," the frontman teased in the segment. Listen below.

While his message doesn't offer much, there is a premiere for a trailer of S&M2 and a live version of the song "All Within My Hands" on Metallica's YouTube channel scheduled for Wednesday, July 15. Lars Ulrich announced in June that the S&M2 shows were going to be released as a box set later this summer, so this is likely the first single being released from the set.

But... but.... there is stuff going on in the world??!!

How disrespectful.

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, EricA said:

i'm so happy for all Metallica fans,

...and a bit tired of the everlasting comparison

Thing is - GNR and MetallicA are my two favourite bands. They hit their zenith at the same time and are at the same size in terms of ‘entity’ which is why they are compared....and why MetallicA set the standard. I can easily see on one side how much material I can get my hands on, and then look at the other hand....empty! 😂

I think that’s why it’s an often trotted out comparison (which I use a fair bit to be honest). Simply put - if GNR had as much live/bonus material and all the avenues that MetallicA does....we’d all be beyond happy.

• Like 1

We could fast forward at least 2 years still be saying "there's dates coming up next month, they might play something new" and get disappointed that how dare they not play something new or release something when time and time again they've actually been honest. They've never said they're putting anything out or playing new tracks so why do we  get dissaponted when they don't?

Lemme guess. Theyre seriously thinking about it and everyone's been working hard on what they have. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

We could fast forward at least 2 years still be saying "there's dates coming up next month, they might play something new" and get disappointed that how dare they not play something new or release something when time and time again they've actually been honest. They've never said they're putting anything out or playing new tracks so why do we  get dissaponted when they don't?

Lemme guess. Theyre seriously thinking about it and everyone's been working hard on what they have. 

That whole schtick is so worn out and lame at this point, just laughable. It's more like "shit or get off the pot now, fatso!" :D

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Complaints, complaints! Did you know we got new photo of Frank today from their official social media?! Be thankful!

Moaning, moaning. It's always the same with GNR fans. Why are you even here if you're so unhappy with what the band are doing? You should be grateful. The NITL clips are awesome to have. Etc etc etc. 

Haha!! 

I think deep down we all know we're very far away from new music. Hardschool maybe slipping into the setlist at some point is the most I expect now. 

The Locker leaks last summer really restored my love for all things GNR, but I have to say I'm now beginning to get bored again.

An official statement regarding "The Next Chapter" would be most appreciated at this point. Even a new song title would be something.

The half arsed NITL Selects aren't doing much to raise my GNR hype levels.

Edited by jackparker123
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Thing is - GNR and MetallicA are my two favourite bands. They hit their zenith at the same time and are at the same size in terms of ‘entity’ which is why they are compared....and why MetallicA set the standard. I can easily see on one side how much material I can get my hands on, and then look at the other hand....empty! 😂

I think that’s why it’s an often trotted out comparison (which I use a fair bit to be honest). Simply put - if GNR had as much live/bonus material and all the avenues that MetallicA does....we’d all be beyond happy.

Yep a band that still love making music and being fan friendly at the same time. They are a class act. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

The Locker leaks last summer really restored my love for all things GNR, but I have to say I'm now beginning to get bored again.

An official statement regarding "The Next Chapter" would be most appreciated at this point. Even a new song title would be something.

The half arsed NITL Selects aren't doing much to raise my GNR hype levels.

I agree, sort of. But it did also highlight to me really starkly how much time and opportunity they'd wasted over the years. That's the main feeling I have now with the band actually - what a waste of all that talent and all those years. 

• Like 3

But seriously. Without the fan glasses on. Do you think that it is really that bad thing (business wisely or something else) to release something new now? Would it really ruin the tour with longer timespan between these two?

Give us something new while we enjoy our summers mostly at home. Then give us something new again when the tour is near. I bet they got material enough to do such a thing...

Truthfully I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that GNR has missed the "New Music" window. What I mean is there creative peak behind them. I want new music from the Axl/Slash of the 90's. It's too bad they couldn't have kept it together better back then. I'm sure we'll get new music but I'm confident it won't have that GNR fire they had when they owned the world. What we'll end up getting is a diet GNR record it may quench the thirst but it won't taste the same. 

On 25/5/2020 at 5:28 AM, WhazUp said:

Silkworms is like the Shotgun Blues of nuGNR lol kind of like, yeah it is a rocker and it exists but nobody is super excited to put it on :lol:

I do enjoy the quiet guitar parts in the break of the song though, especially in the RIR version

How dare you sully the good name of shotgun blues 😁. But even the poorest song from the pre CD era while probably not musical masterpieces should not be mentioned in the same breath as so called bad songs from the CD era. Now, to be clear I'm not saying that the good CD era songs don't have a place on the all time GNR.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Complaints, complaints! Did you know we got new photo of Frank today from their official social media?! Be thankful!

That was so sad (?).... a lot of comments calling Matt n Steven. That pic of FF was like a open execution. 

Edited by axlvai

1 hour ago, IrishgunnerII said:

How dare you sully the good name of shotgun blues 😁. But even the poorest song from the pre CD era while probably not musical masterpieces should not be mentioned in the same breath as so called bad songs from the CD era. Now, to be clear I'm not saying that the good CD era songs don't have a place on the all time GNR.

I don't know what it is with Silkworms, 19 years since I heard this song for the first time and I still don't know how to feel about it. It's like my brain refuses to process whatever the hell is going on in that song.

As for MetallicA / Kirk hyped and teased "new" music...

To be fair:  imagine, if Axl would've pulled off such a teaser, in regard of NEW music and released a live version of KOHD with Tracy and Roberta... 

The biggest shitstorm in earth would've hit him! 

So... Calling NEM "new music" (orchestrated or not) is comparable with releasing a 30 years old b-side demo and call that "new"! 🤦‍♂️ oh boy.. what the f@!* is going on?!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

As for MetallicA / Kirk hyped and teased "new" music...

To be fair:  imagine, if Axl would've pulled off such a teaser, in regard of NEW music and released a live version of KOHD with Tracy and Roberta... 

The biggest shitstorm in earth would've hit him! 

So... Calling NEM "new music" (orchestrated or not) is comparable with releasing a 30 years old b-side demo and call that "new"! 🤦‍♂️ oh boy.. what the f@!* is going on?!

Hearing All Within My Hands with the Orchestra is cool though. Have to remember....new music isn’t really a point of debate within MetallicA fans 😂

Cant wait to buy this. 👍

2 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

I don't know what it is with Silkworms, 19 years since I heard this song for the first time and I still don't know how to feel about it. It's like my brain refuses to process whatever the hell is going on in that song.

I feel it is the nadir of Axl's "update" to the GN'R sound. Like a prodigy out-take took a shit on a rubbish punk band.

215 pages of nothing.  Speculations, opinions, etc.  There is really only  one reason we have no music. They either want to give us something or they dont.  looks like they dont at the moment.  Has nothing to do with a virus, lawsuits, "figuring out how" etc.  I drove around Erie Pa today for work.  About every hour i heard "hello, this is James, and this is Lars, you just heard our new song off the album".  Seems they figured out how to not only write an album, but actually get a song on the radio and market it.  I really dont care what your opinion is of the song, its a new metallica song, and im sure the fans are stoked

Edited by fabrph5

22 hours ago, Towelie said:

But... but.... there is stuff going on in the world??!!

How disrespectful.

I want to say before I make my comment that I appreiciate your sarcasm oh so much.

I feel like a live album from Metallica is far different from a long awaited reunion album from a band like Guns N Roses. I do think GNR should release a new album and frankly the longer they wait the worse it will be for them, but they do need to make sure they can capitalize on the release properly. It would be like if Zeppelin announced a new album with Jason, or some other massive reunion from a long awaited band. Yes I feel like the band has really missed the best oppertunity but they should wait until at least the situation is better. But then again this is the band that is believed to have recorded a full sequel album and a remix which has yet to be released.