Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

totally forgot about this... was so pumped when they first announced it but that slowly died... theyre just charging too much for too little and money isnt an issue for me... its more the principle... gnr is my favorite band by a landslide but for the price of the second best box set i can get some hookers and blow (pun intended) while i listen to the original afd tracks which are better anyways

34 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Good news! I listened to this acoustic Move To The City, and it sounds different to the 2 we already have from those sessions. One is electrical and the other is acoustic but clearly a different take.

My notes say that a few songs didn't make it to the circulating demo tapes, and one of them is Move To The City. So it may be this one.

It's from a 1988 Mike Clink session that hasn't been bootlegged.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It will be nice to hear Heartbreak Hotel, Jumping Jack Flash and the November Rain demos in good sound quality when they come out.

See that's the thing. These are already available in HQ. It was shared by Alan Niven in pristine quality. I have these already. They're great.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

See that's the thing. These are already available in HQ. It was shared by Alan Niven in pristine quality. I have these already. They're great.

I have the two covers in pretty good quality (maybe they are from the Niven tapes you mentioned, I'm not sure about the origin). The NR demos I have are just "good demo quality".

I just hope the quality on the box set will be even better.

No one cares about 30 years ago. GNR are like the beach boys now. People who actually know music want to hear their response to nearly 25 silent years of almost no original material. You call yourselves artists, create. New music or go wack your pud. (Most dangerous band in the world) lol. C'mon. Most predictable band in the world. At least shake up the setlist.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

No one cares about 30 years ago. GNR are like the beach boys now. People who actually know music want to hear their response to nearly 25 silent years of almost no original material. You call yourselves artists, create. New music or go wack your pud. (Most dangerous band in the world) lol. C'mon. Most predictable band in the world. At least shake up the setlist.

They did shake up the setlist, they recently added Shadow of Your Love for the first time since 1986, and Slither for the first time ever

Personally I am excited for the great quality demos in this release, I care about 30 years ago

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

They did shake up the setlist, they recently added Shadow of Your Love for the first time since 1986, and Slither for the first time ever

Personally I am excited for the great quality demos in this release, I care about 30 years ago

All I care about this specific release is a good 5.1

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 11:44 PM, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Slash has created. His new album will be out later this year! :lol:

I totally agree with you, though.

On 14.5.2018 at 8:42 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Just waiting for the fake tattoos. Just waiting for the fake tattoos.

Did you use a psychological trick? Because you can make a sentence more importent. You can pay more attention to this sentence if you repeat it twice. Try that in real life. If someone does not take your message seriously, say your statement twice in a row.

Edited by t-p-d-a

You'd have the two ''new songs'', ''Shadow of Your Love'' and ''Move to the City'' which you can currently listen to on Youtube. You'd then have ''The Plague'' and ''New Work Tune''. That is all you're getting of any interest. Maybe at a push you'd listen to the Sound City demos once or twice to hear the improvement in sound.

Realistically that is a maximum of two-three hours listening, unless The Plague and New Work Tune turn out to be some lost Appetite masterpiece rather than the insignificant jams they'll probably be.

You listen to these a few times, maybe thumb through the book, then pack the thing up and put it in a cupboard for the rest of your human existence.

It is the Guns N' Roses equivalent of a SodaStream!

• Haha 2

On 22-6-2018 at 5:44 AM, YourMother'sDruthers said:

i disagree with this line of thinking

would picasso be any less of an artist if he only made 2 paintings? do the GNR albums lose any quality because there aren't any more being made?

is "making new material" a condition to be called an artist? "making new material" is a characteristic of a factory, not an artist

so they recycle old work, for those who want it. I can not claim, with a straight face, that the members of GNR aren't artists. claiming so, does not have a factual backing. it's a bit ridiculous, frankly.

yes, they are predictable, absolutely agree. but I appreciate the albums that exist, otherwise I wouldnt be here to begin with

Edited by action
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Realized this already comes out on Friday, I'm actually stunned that nothing has leaked yet :lol:

Gonna have to move OIAM in my iTunes from Lies back into CD 2 where it belongs when the time comes, sorry Team Brazil.

• Like 1