The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Quick funny story about that 2006 Hammerstein run - this one's  especially for the old-timers - since we're looking to change the subject.

I'm sitting in the balcony for night three, right?  Now...I can walk up and down steps, but, standing upright going down steps at shows can be really daunting for me.

Anyway, struggling to maintain balance, holding onto the rail, when a seemingly random dude runs up, grabs my arm, literally holds my hand, and walks me down to my seat.

That seemingly random dude?  Darknemus!

Yes, a truly chivalrous gentleman, indeed!

How did you know?  Did you mention the forum?

Just now, Pele said:

How did you know?  Did you mention the forum?

Of course!  While we were dance-walking to the seat!  Thanked him for the leaks, too!

Lots of opinions out there about the guy within the fandom, but, I can only judge people by how they personally treat folks in real life, and, in that moment, he was a gem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Of course!  While we were dance-walking to the seat!  Thanked him for the leaks, too!

Lots of opinions out there about the guy within the fandom, but, I can only judge people by how they personally treat folks in real life, and, in that moment, he was a gem.

I haven't had the chance to meet darknemus in person (I was at the first Hammerstein show btw) but behind the scenes online, nemus has always been a stand up dude to me. Helluva guy in my book. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Please elaborate, feel free to PM me if you don't want to reveal who and why we banned others for less

I wasn't only referring to this forum but in general. At many other forums I've posted through the years, a character like this dude would have probably been banned already, and not for his opinion, because it's as good as any, I guess, we're all speculating anyway, but merely for constantly repeating the exact same thing with almost every post he makes. As for this forum, there's only one poster I know of who got banned for reasons that I consider less, but I guess we're not allowed to discuss banned posters and you won't agree with me anyway, so let's not go there. It's a waste of time anyway.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't had the chance to meet darknemus in person (I was at the first Hammerstein show btw) but behind the scenes online, nemus has always been a stand up dude to me. Helluva guy in my book. 

He drop out of the fandom in the down years I wasn't around?  Living under an assumed name?  Online alias?  Pele, is that you?!?:lol:

BTW, awesome you were at the show.  Wish we could jump in George Carlin's Bill & Ted phone booth back to 2006, have a chat in person, and enjoy those gigs all over again.

Special days.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

When CD was released there were an additional 18 tracks that were basically done. Maybe not in Axl World but in the general sense. That definitely includes Hard School, Silkworms, Atlas, Perhaps, and State of Grace. I don't know if it includes further fleshed out versions of Nothing or Eye On You, or a reworked Oh My God. But let's say for the sake of conversation that it does. That means there are at least an additional 10 "finished" songs out there. The General and Soul Monster among them. Probably Quick Song too since there were scratch and backing vocals in 2000. Also the version of Zodiac 13 from the locker specifies "no vox" so presumably there was a version with vocals at least partially complete in 2000. It's also known, as evidenced by the existence of Better and This I Love, that they wrote stuff not in the locker. 

Unfortunately I don't think we'll hear much else anytime soon unless it leaks. 

That's because the collection of the locker discs was incomplete. You just have to check the numbers to see that. We dont know how many more hours of material (with or without vocals) were recorded in the late 90s.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

He drop out of the fandom in the down years I wasn't around?  Living under an assumed name?  Online alias?  Pele, is that you?!?:lol:

BTW, awesome you were at the show.  Wish we could jump in George Carlin's Bill & Ted phone booth back to 2006, have a chat in person, and enjoy those gigs all over again.

Special days.

No.  I know where to find him though.

• Wow 1

24 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

If Guns N' Roses release a song other than "Perhaps" and "Atlas Shrugged," can we please ban Pele from this forum?

Geez, I can't believe I'm saying this but no.   :lol:

You can block people and you don't see what they say unless somebody quotes them.  They can't talk to you either.  :lol:

6 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

About 2022, is there any shows you guys are looking attending/ looking forward to? Do you think Axl will show up like he did at Hershey this year ?

You mean 'will they use the first five or six shows as a rehearsal'? Yep, absolutely. They always do. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coma16 said:

If the next release is Perhaps, I really hope Slash makes it sound less like Evanescence... song has so much potential 

I absolutely love Robin's leads on Perhaps, especially the solo. (Or whomever is playing, Paul, or Brian?)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

About 2022, is there any shows you guys are looking attending/ looking forward to? Do you think Axl will show up like he did at Hershey this year ?

I'd be looking at 1/2 way through the tour for dates probably from France/Ireland on! but safest options are Munich, Milan, Vienna, Hannover - probably gonna be the longest and most oiled sets. Wouldn't go to the first 4 shows min.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Cercherei metà del tour per date probabilmente dalla Francia/Irlanda in poi! ma le opzioni più sicure sono Monaco, Milano, Vienna, Hannover - probabilmente saranno i set più lunghi e più oliati. Non andrei ai primi 4 spettacoli min.

Milano 🙋‍♀️😁

My first GnR show

• Like 2