08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

28 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

It sounds like there’s an Axl scream/vocal effect, triggered possibly by Melissa on absurd/sw. 
I can hear it when the mic is not being sung into. 

Yeah I think it is the same scream that is on the BBF leak

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

That's not technically considered "trickery" right?

If you’re a Britney Spears fan no. 
If you like a live band then it’s a joke. 

I caught Motorhead for the last time in Toronto, 3 months before Lemmy died, yeah he looked and sounded a little weaker. But he gave it his all and the voice was still there. 

Mick Jagger was 56 first time I saw the stones in 99. He’s singing the same now as then. Dude is 78. I saw him run all over the stage 2 years ago in Seattle after heart surgery and at 76 years of age. 

Buddy Guy I went to see when he was 83, guy blew me away and was full of energy. He walked around the entire auditorium at one point while playing. 

I saw chuck berry when he was 81, he was still a cantankerous bastard and had the chops.

Neil Young Ive caught multiple times over a 25 year period. He was almost 50 the first time I caught him in 1993, and still brilliant the last time I caught him in 2019. 

I despise Led Zeppelin, but I have the upmost respect for Robert Plant. I prefer his voice now than when he was in Zeppelin. He’s a great example of someone who’s voice has grown over the years. 

Anyways I could go on and on. 

Axl’s use of a vocal backing track is a joke to me. Age is no excuse.

Given the fact 99% of the original tunes were recorded and performed with the guitars tuned half a step down, there’s no where really for them to go. 

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah I think it is the same scream that is on the BBF leak

I heard it on the Jungle soundcheck from Hershey also. His scream went into a recorded scream. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Axl’s use of a vocal backing track is a joke to me. Age is no excuse.

Given the fact 99% of the original tunes were recorded and performed with the guitars tuned half a step down, there’s no where really for them to go. 

I agree with you, even though I wouldn't call it a joke. I wish he didn't use a recorded backing track, I don't like those things. Dexter from the Offspring started to do that a couple of years ago too...

But regardless of what you and I, and let's say "hardcore fans" think of that,  I'm sure most of the people who attended the show didn't care...

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He did appear to be in slightly better shape.. Hopefully the tour will add to that. He was doing jumping jacks during Rocket Queen lol

Probably figured the endless solos in that song gave him enough time to get his daily workout in.

4 hours ago, AppetiteForDestruction said:

Has anyone liked WVH? I still wish it was the Pumpkins opening up, even know the latest album is garbage.  They are my two favorite bands

HATE Corgan's voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I'm glad WHV replaced Smashing Pumpkins. I'm really liking the Mammoth album.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

This band...

I was ready to write an utterly defeated post in the Hershey Park thread, that performance was just devastating as a fan. Didn't get the chance to due to the forum going offline.

Was very worried this show would be another nail in the coffin. 

And then I wake up to see Silkworms has been performed.

Whatever Axl's issues were on that first night really hit him hard. I wonder if he blew his voice rehearsing. Thankfully they seem mostly gone. 

As it stands this tour is now shaping up nicely. Axl sounding good, they've adjusted the tempos, a bunch of new stuff in the set.

The only thing I wish they'd change is the order of the beginning of the setlist. Otherwise perfect.

Oh and bring back Don't Cry!!!!

I don't mean this to be mean, but anyone that says Axl is done after the first show of a tour  doesn't know the history of GNR, trolling, or just recently became a fan. Even in their prime, Axl always had an issue with the first show of a tour. It's clear that he needs to rehearse before the first show. It seems like he uses the first show as a rehearsal and then gets better as the tour goes on.  I would be more concerned if he had several consecutive  shows of bad performance than a bad performance of the first show. 

1 minute ago, BadApples87 said:

It's nice and all that they are playing Slither quite a bit now.  But Scott did it soooo much better.

I like Axl's aproach ... More mellow i think but he should use his low register the entire song. The final "When You look You see right trough me..." Is great! But then turns to mickey

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I don't mean this to be mean, but anyone that says Axl is done after the first show of a tour  doesn't know the history of GNR, trolling, or just recently became a fan. Even in their prime, Axl always had an issue with the first show of a tour. It's clear that he needs to rehearse before the first show. It seems like he uses the first show as a rehearsal and then gets better as the tour goes on.  I would be more concerned if he had several consecutive  shows of bad performance than a bad performance of the first show. 

There are also other considerations. It might be that new sound or monitor techs are embedded in the touring crew and it's taken the first live show and performance to get on top of these things. 

Thats a possibility given the sound issues reported from the Hershey show. 

Rehearsing in a controlled environment as studio or sound stage can be very different, then on the road more so the first live show of a tour. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1