08/03/21 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

alfierose

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Where is that gif with the towel? :lol:

There’s been a lot of talk about a Guns N’ Roses collaboration between yourself and Dizzy Reed, on a track known as ‘Silkworms’. It has been confirmed that this track will not make the final cut of Chinese Democracy. Why is this? Does the track have a future as a B-side or future release?

Pitman: I hope so. That song in particular that you are talking about, ‘Silkworms’, it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N’ Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn’t fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It’s a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.

Well... it's been like 15 years... he was right all along.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just woke up to this… Holy fuck, of all the songs they could’ve played :lol:

I gotta say though, I’m glad they’ve removed all of Pitmans fuckery from that song and focused on the guitars which gives it a more punky vibe! 

Axl’s comments after the song also makes me believe a new album might actually happen fairly soon… how absurd.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Just saw that Meegan's last story from last night is a video of Axl walking of stage with Slash running after him yelling "What where you thinking?" 

Damn :blink:

Yeah, just saw. What would it be about? Any idea when this was?

Just now, Lio said:

Yeah, just saw. What would it be about? Any idea when this was?

I just double checked and since you can only see whole hours on Instagram it's kind of hard to pinpoint but it says 8 hours ago and according to this site it seems to be closer to 7 hours ago since Absurd was debuted so it probably wasn't about that.

My thinking is that they were supposed to play Hard Skool after You're Crazy but Axl bailed and that's why Slash got mad? He seems to be walking back on stage with the AFD Les Paul and then return back of stage, taking if the guitar while yelling "What were you thinking?".

So I believe that they were supposed to debut Hard Skool after You're Crazy like on the leaked Hershey setlist, Slash goes off stage after the song to grab his AFD guitar (which we knows he intends to use on Hard Skool) and begins to walk back onstage, then Axl calls if off via the intercom while walking off stage, that causes Slash to have to return off stage to change the guitar and while doing that he yells at Axl.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

What.The.Fuck. Only Axl, dudes, only Axl :lol:

I just checked it and, even though 'a pussy full of maggots' is an image I'd  rather not to have showing up in my brain,  I think they sounded good overall - Axl included.

I don't even know. Crazy motherfucker.  Maybe next show they'll debut Cornshucker :rofl-lol:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I've seen the clip now and I don't interpret it as anything controversial. He wasn't yelling in a pissed off way it was more of a 'so what song are we doing - what are you thinking?'. I'd say it was an statement of inquiry.

Seems like Slash is good and ready to play Hard Skool so we're just waiting on Axl to feel the moment is right. :lol:

I rewatched it and you’re probably right! My bad.

• Like 1

I was watching a live stream of the whole show and once You’re Crazy transitioned into Rocket Queen I gave up on the idea of new music and said “oh well at least Axl is thinner now and he sounds a little better then he did at Hershey” and then he said “we’re gonna try something” and my brain goes “oh here comes PTU” and then he said “some of you know this by a different name” and I lost my shit! Lol

Weird choice, but overall I’m happy. At least it’s SOMETHING sorta new.

12 hours ago, Arnuld said:

He made that same joke at ACL two years ago. It’s so boring. I never thought GNR could become boring but they are so boring. 

It should have come years ago. God he used to crush that song. In 2006 it was so incredible. Now it’s just a falsetto wheeze 

And then they play absurd…..from boring to WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK in the space of a few minutes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1