Oceania Tour Dates 2021 announced!

10 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

In my view TB dont deserve the money, and its strange that they are the beneficeries of his estate should anything happen. 

But i think the band touring and the money they make is not just about them its also about the touring crew which i  the band consider as family. It seems they are the type of band where if the band make money everone thats considered GNR  family everyone gets a slice of the pie. I actually admire them for this type of attitude.  When guns are touring it means the touring crew are constantly getting paid, and i think GNR have used the same crew for a number of years.

It would be better if the band have no interest in an album of at least dropping a new ep and play as part of every new tour.

It reminds me when the band when the illusion tour finished they hired a restaurant in new york and shouted the crew a party. 

So? And the hanger ons have a great life, doing close to nothing, financed by overcharging us. And then we can see on IG what a party their life is, while we pay twice as much for tickets than we used to pay.  That is not something I admire.

32 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

So? And the hanger ons have a great life, doing close to nothing, financed by overcharging us. And then we can see on IG what a party their life is, while we pay twice as much for tickets than we used to pay.  That is not something I admire.

When i said the touring crew i meant the real people that make a tour happen,  the sound engineers, lighting people, riggers, roadies etc. Not the touring crew like kat and her black and white photos, and TBs hangeroners. I should have been more specific. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i said the touring crew i meant the real people that make a tour happen,  the sound engineers, lighting people, riggers, roadies etc. Not the touring crew like kat and her black and white photos, and TBs hangeroners. I should have been more specific. 

Yeah. But other tours manage to pay those too. Without outragous prices. Fake GNR was able to pay them also with regular priced tickets.

Does not take long for these threads to go completely off topic and we find ourselves back to bitching about the band or their management like we do, 5 pages into any new thread or topic. 

As my uncle would say, leave that shit at the door, when you come in... 

How about i get things back on topic. 

Social media reaction in New Zealand to the band returning has been positive.

Really great to see a lot of fans planning road trips from the North Island to the South Island with most planning on seeing the band twice. 

Already sorted accommodation in Wellington and about 6 of us are planning to hire camper vans, get the ferry to Picton and drive to Dunedin with our families. 

Last thing to sort out is tickets and only 5 days to go until I can get my hands on those puppies. 

Edited by kiwiguns

31 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Does not take long for these threads to go completely off topic and we find ourselves back to bitching about the band or their management like we do, 5 pages into any new thread or topic. 

As my uncle would say, leave that shit at the door, when you come in... 

How about i get things back on topic. 

Social media reaction in New Zealand to the band returning has been positive.

Really great to see a lot of fans planning road trips from the North Island to the South Island with most planning on seeing the band twice. 

Already sorted accommodation in Wellington and about 6 of us are planning to hire camper vans, get the ferry to Picton and drive to Dunedin with our families. 

Last thing to sort out is tickets and only 5 days to go until I can get my hands on those puppies. 

Wonderful to hear your detailed  personal holiday plans. They don't make a great topic for broad discussion though really do they?

The activity and operations of the band however, be it a positive or negative take, do. Hence their prevalence over wide-eyed excitement at yet more tour dates. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Well, I’ve stupidly decided to get VIP Jungle pit tickets, but I don’t have any presale passwords. Anyone care to share these with me for the presale on Monday?

Im very surprised with the prices. Im getting tgecGA diamond tickets which is right in front of the stage for 245.00. The diamond tix i got in 17 were 379.00.

If your VIP tix includes meeting fernando, be sure to give him a punch in the nose and say " the mygnrforum says hi".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im very surprised with the prices. Im getting tgecGA diamond tickets which is right in front of the stage for 245.00. The diamond tix i got in 17 were 379.00.

If your VIP tix includes meeting fernando, be sure to give him a punch in the nose and say " the mygnrforum says hi".

The VIP Jungle pit tickets are right in front of the stage, the $245 GA diamond section is behind that.

Its the only VIP ticket worth getting, without all the other crap included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Punching him in the nose would get your arrested and probably banned from the arena or future GNR concerts.

I'd tell him how much I've enjoyed the leaks over the past few years - especially Hardschool, Perhaps, State of Grace, and all of the demos.  I'd tell him how all of that and more is freely available on youtube and multiple other sites - and probably thank him for being so supportive of that community as the actual band is reluctant to make money.

That's what I'd do.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Punching him in the nose would get your arrested and probably banned from the arena or future GNR concerts.

I'd tell him how much I've enjoyed the leaks over the past few years - especially Hardschool, Perhaps, State of Grace, and all of the demos.  I'd tell him how all of that and more is freely available on youtube and multiple other sites - and probably thank him for being so supportive of that community as the actual band is reluctant to make money.

That's what I'd do.

The issue with telling mgt about the leaks and where they are located is that he will organise for a banned member to comb through youtube and flag that content so noone has access to those uploads.

The rest would cause me to rant to him about the bands so called communication  avenue (that is reddit) .

Who or who is in your avatar?.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The issue with telling mgt about the leaks and where they are located is that he will organise for a banned member to comb through youtube and flag that content so noone has access to those uploads.

The rest would cause me to rant to him about the bands so called communication  avenue (that is reddit) .

Who or who is in your avatar?.

I would see it more in the realm of being sarcastic.  Another similar example might be telling Prince Management (when he was alive) that someone's playing his music in the background of a completely unrelated video.  Like a scavenger hunt for the peeps that are into that sort of thing.

The avatar is Robert Johnson, evidently only the 3rd known photo of him, just recently found.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/a-new-photo-of-robert-johnson-the-third-in-existence-has-been-uncovered

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m almost certain the promoters are using the cross. And the cross represents the album and the music more than individual members. 

Only in the land of GN’R does the band have nothing to do with the art used that promotes a tour... 

I've been hearing those kind of excuses since 2007 when they announced the Australian “Chinese Democracy” tour, that Jarmo assured me, had nothing to do with Axl or the band, but the tour promoter... :facepalm: :lol:

Something I didn't consider before: the time between the last and first shows of 2014 and 2016 is 664 days. If my predictions are right (Europe and NA 2021 dates will get canned), then that would be 602 days of rest for Axl. While I want to believe he'll return to 2016 form, I feel that it's just going to be worse. Gold Coast, be prepared for rehearsal level vocals :wacko:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Only in the land of GN’R does the band have nothing to do with the art used that promotes a tour... 

I've been hearing those kind of excuses since 2007 when they announced the Australian “Chinese Democracy” tour, that Jarmo assured me, had nothing to do with Axl or the band, but the tour promoter... :facepalm: :lol:

It’s obvious the promoter is using the image. I don’t understand why any forum member believes the image should not be used since it features members no longer in the band. 

22 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s obvious the promoter is using the image. I don’t understand why any forum member believes the image should not be used since it features members no longer in the band. 

........or that it being used is new or different. It's been used throughout the NITL tour: on tour-shirts, lithos, posters, all sorts. I can't understand why it's use in this latest advert is even worthy of note really. 

The advert looks like it was designed by a 16 year old student on the first day of a computer design of course, which is the only really notable thing about it!