Which Gn'R song brings out overwhelming emotion/tears in your response?

Mine would be Civil War; I was searching for some recent quality recent live performances on YouTube recently, and deeply reflected upon how we practically live in a world inundated and bombarded by civil war and wars in general, and are surely and are surely and unimaginably headed for one not giant long one down the timeline because people in general just cannot learn to get along, thanks to our mannequins of marauding A.K.A. "politicians" who just want to fill their dirty big pockets with money that's not even worth a shit because you can't even wipe your ass with it. Yet we rock n' rollers don't give a fuck about any of this, or any of mankind's stupidity; we just want to rock the fuck out and have fun - we want to enjoy ourselves! Out of all the things happenings in my life I have always felt so stiff and strong, perhaps even to the point of feeling emotionless after going through so much; then suddenly this song made me shed uncontrollable floods of tears while envisaging how the entire humanity is headed for destruction, and it still brings out such intense emotion in me, that I cannot even mention the song's title or sing one sentence without feeling my throat becoming heavy and my brain running at 1,000km/ph, completely overwhelmed with my ineptitude to keep up with the emotionally driven concept. I cannot believe it! Now THIS is a truly emotional song! None of this "scenester" crap that we hear overwhelmingly nowadays; those pretentious fools couldn't even accrue to the concept of what an emotion is! Thank you Gn'R! Your music has helped cover one's thoughts and emotions on so many diverse levels; this is what your music is famous for!

Screamin' Demon :headbang:

Edited by Screamin' Demon
  • Like 1

When I first heard Atlas Shrugged I was moved because it proved that there was in fact amazing unreleased music. Was kinda like "Fuck yeah, Axl! Thata boy!" And it went to some length to prove that we arent all just suffering a mass delusion!

Rock n roll itself is an emotion to me :headbang:

• GNFNR 3

1 minute ago, soon said:

When I first heard Atlas Shrugged I was moved because it proved that there was in fact amazing unreleased music. Was kinda like "Fuck yeah, Axl! Thata boy!" And it went to some length to prove that we arent all just suffering a mass delusion!

Rock n roll itself is an emotion to me :headbang:

That's exactly how I felt as well. 

It's also interesting that we only knew the title for over a decade. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

None of them, because I’ve listened to this small-ass catalog so much now that I’m bored, at this point.

The only time I ever play GNR now is sometimes the TZ locker leaks or (occasionally) one of the non-official live DVDs I own if I'm having a drink. 

I think you'd have to be quite mad to still be listening to their albums regularly if you bought them when they came out and have owned them ever since! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

None of them, because I’ve listened to this small-ass catalog so much now that I’m bored, at this point.

This 1000000 times. I honestly don’t remember when was the last time that I listened to GNR on my own. 

The last song that made me feel 'something' was Atlas Shrugged.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

The only time I ever play GNR now is sometimes the TZ locker leaks or (occasionally) one of the non-official live DVDs I own if I'm having a drink. 

I think you'd have to be quite mad to still be listening to their albums regularly if you bought them when they came out and have owned them ever since! 

I put together a best of playlist, I don't listen to it all the time! but I'd regularly listen to it because I still enjoy the songs and get a similar satisfaction from hearing them now compared to in 1999 or whenever I discovered gnr. 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I put together a best of playlist, I don't listen to it all the time! but I'd regularly listen to it because I still enjoy the songs and get a similar satisfaction from hearing them now compared to in 1999 or whenever I discovered gnr. 

I definitely still enjoy listening to them, but I've got a big collection of other music to listen to, and there's only so many times you can play the same 40 or so songs without starting to dislike them......which I don't want to do. I'd rather save them almost as a 'treat', weird as that sounds. 

• Like 2

i got a very high emotional feeling of second hand embarrassment or cringe during This I Love performance in Berlin 2018.

You are a little rock kid with long hair, dressed like Axl, standing in the middle of the crowd and watch your hero. It was just embarrassment.. You can watch the video but it can't bring the feeling of such high embarrassment when you heard it LIVE in person.

Lyrics-wise: Coma (because of the cascade at the end), Estranged etc. 

Music-wise: Paradise City, Estranged and a lot of UYI stuff, plus live 92/93 - songs like Nightrain or Sweet Child. 

Edit: + RQ and TWAT

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2