Does anyone care?

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Why don't you sell your ticket?

Because I have two and no one sane will buy them for whatever crazy price I paid for them.  I have a friend that is going and I am still hoping for the best.  It could still be fucking awesome I don't know.. My excitement level is just currently at zero. 

Excited at the very low possibility of Hardschool being performed, other than that? Not really

I guess it would be cool if they played some more UYI stuff too, although I'm not sure why it matters to me considering that they've played it all in the past.

Edited by ApacheChief42

I'm intrigued to see what they play and hope that they will be firing on all cylinders. I care enough to come on here, nearly on a daily basis, to join in with the discussion of the band and the main factor I suppose is the prospect of new music and a potential album dropping that keeps me optimistic...somehow.

• Like 2

This is the first time they've toured and I've not much interest at all in attending. I don't want to pay a large amount of money to see the same thing I've seen before, with less enthusiasm. I'm surprised really that anyone is excited by that prospect. 

Time to move on or call it a day now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Because I have two and no one sane will buy them for whatever crazy price I paid for them.  I have a friend that is going and I am still hoping for the best.  It could still be fucking awesome I don't know.. My excitement level is just currently at zero. 

I don't know how you bought them on the first place🤔 

Hope it's good though! I think having low expectations might play in your favour, maybe that is there game plan? Make expectations super low so anything more will be greeted with euphoria 

At this point I'm more interested in "how bad could it possibly be?"

They lost all the NITL momentum long before this upcoming tour, and the vast majority of the Selects they released last year were awful. The fact that they're selling 4-packs of tickets for $100 says pretty much all you need to know about the level of interest in this tour.

Best case scenario, they come out of the gate with a surprisingly strong performance. Most likely scenario, they might play Pretty Tied Up and Axl will struggle through 90% of the show. :shrugs:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The tour starts in less than a month.. Does anyone even care? Did any tickets sell?  I haven't even been looking. I feel like this is the least anticipated Guns tour ever.  I have tickets for the second show and could care less. I have been holding onto them for two years and it is on a Tuesday night.  The band isn't doing anything to stir up any excitement. They are all 5 years older.. I expect Axl to look and sound like shit and use the show as a rehearsal.  Ridiculous hats and elf boots included. They will still have the same half assed lineup complete with a terrible drummer and a blue haired anime bobblehead.  

I could care less if this lineup ever released a song. No interest in anything that includes Fortus, Frank or the Bobblehead. Axl sounded like crap on CD never mind now and I have no interest in any music that sounds anything like CD.

For me the highlight of the "reunion" were the live shows. They have been a blast . I could watch Slash play those classics all day long but I couldn't be more indifferent about this show coming up. You would think it would be the total opposite since Covid stifled live shows for so long. 

Is anyone jacked up about the tour?

I am - I have enough other bands etc to keep me busy so I’m not ‘obsessing’ all the time if stuff will leak/new stuff will be released. The live shows will be cool from a ‘not being at a gig in ages’ and the fact Axl/Slash/Duff haven’t been to Scotland in forever (if at all….). By the time next year rolls around when I see them I’ll still be cool to watch them…..and will know if new stuff will be in the set too.

A UYI-centric setlist or a set geared towards the bands strengths would go a long way.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

Just now, ZODIAC said:

Maybe it's the last time, we see them together on one stage...🤷‍♂️

People have been saying that since 2016! 

I think the only thing that will stop it though is lack of interest now. And the sales certainly suggest there is very little interest now....so perhaps you could be right? It has to end at some time I suppose. 

I honestly never thought I'd say that I think my favourite band of all time should call it a day, but there we go. Without any forward momentum, it just all seems rather sad. And I think the band deserve better than a slow fade away. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Pull the plug. Put us out our misery. New music or bust. I'm rooting for them to fail at this point. They don't deserve to be selling tickets when they've put in so little effort into making GNR worth seeing these days. I hope the tour bombs spectacularly. 

How great would it be though if they came out full of energy, fired up, a few new songs, revamped setlist, and just blew us all away? I'd be racing to buy a ticket! 

• Like 1