Do you think Axl still speaks to the old members?

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Maybe Tommy, DJ and Bryan seems to be close with the band still.  I think Axl is a bit of a introvert so I doubt he really stays in touch with many people outside of his inner circle. 

Brain is obviously still associated with Axl/the camp in various ways. Tommy probably not so much, but the camp seems to be cool with him and there's no bad blood. I don't think Ashba is close with the band - I doubt there's any relationship whatsoever.

• Like 2

I don't think he fell out with any of the past line up, well Pitman obviously sued him, so he's probably on the shit list. 

Do I think Axl is sitting around texting all those guys? no. Bumble confirmed that he doesn't talk to Axl, Dj basically said he hasn't spoken to him in a long time, Tommy probably has because he went to some reunion shows. Bucket I highly doubt, Finck? I doubt because unless they are friends what is there to discuss? he's hardly joining GNR again now that Slash is back. 

Think once you're out of his orbit, you lose contact! it's the same for most bands when members come and go. 

• Like 2

It's been documented in the past that Axl cut ties with a lot of the Appetite era members once they had left the band. Duff in his book stated that it was over a decade until he spoke to Axl after he left in 1997.

For Slash it was from about October 1996-early 2015 without speaking directly to Axl. There was also the incident where he stopped outside his house in 2005 which led to a press release from Axl.

Izzy in the late 90s seemed to make visits to Axl's house but wasn't able to reach him. Axl in a Rolling Stone interview mentioned having no desire to see him at that time which would've been 1999. I can't imagine Axl having any real contact with Steven Adler either until the NITL tour.

Axl eventually started speaking to those guys again but it ranged from 10-20 years later. Duff and Izzy started playing guest spots in the early 2010s. Slash and Duff rejoined full time in 2015/16 and Adler had some brief guest spots on the NITL tour.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If Axl could still deliver, I'd love to see the band do TWAT with Bucket.

Don't see it happening at all though. To most casual punters, the Chinese songs are for the most part a curiosity. 

You'd inevitably just get chat of "some lad with a mask and a bucket on his head did a guitar solo. Don't know what the song was".

Obviously the smaller element of marks in the audience would be going mental.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

He does? Didn't know that.

Gilby said recently that he and Axl will always be friends and that, although they haven't talked in a long time, Axl "still sends notes" to him "every now and then." Whatever that means.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3