Do you think Axl still speaks to the old members?

17 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't think Axl talks to any current or past member unless it is business/Guns related.  Maybe the very occasional "Happy insert occasion" or "Congrats insert occasion" .

From the current band, I get the impression there are 3 camps.

1)  Axl and Team Brazil

2) Slash/Duff 

3) Richard, Frank, Melissa

This is just the general vibe that I get based off of social media, interviews, pictures etc 

Thats not to say they don't occasionally talk or even hangout for a bit on tour.

And I would add that many people from SMKC are cool with current and past GNR members. 

Todd played with Stevens band Adler last week I think cause his bass player was involved in another project. 
Dj Ashba s wife posted on ig some ❤️ to Meeghan (if I remember well) and Meegan responded with ❤️ - so I think there are many cool relationships between several new and old GNR members and SMCK also 

On 9/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, k12 said:

He probably barely even speaks to the current members

And he probably barely spoke to the former members when they were in the band

Edited by LunsJail

On 9/9/2021 at 8:54 AM, tsinindy said:

There's plenty suggesting they don't really "Hang out".  Obviously they speak, but I am fairly certain it is less than what most other bands do it seems.

Like Axl going to Duff’s daughter show? Or Slash and Duff traveling to Europe to watch Axl/DC concerts?

yeah, sure, they even don’t talk to each other…

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 8:45 PM, Frankfurt93 said:

:facepalm: :rofl-lol:

You are the reason I think this forum became a nut house.

I am not even German dumbass, but good job insulting a whole nation.

Good thing your sense of humor is so good, maybe you can share some more of your xenophobic humor and get yourself banned 

"...insulting a whole nation..."

"...xenophobic humor..."

"...banned..."

:facepalm:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:45 PM, Homefuck said:

Are you the one that accused people of being xenophobic of brazilians just because they criticized TB? If so; thanks, gave me a good laugh.

Actually, NO!  So continue laughing and mixing up people/topics/posters.

No wonder you are laughing so much.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Top-Hatted One said:

Sure they get together on the rare special occasion but it’s not what it was in the 80s even 90s they have separate lives 

I doubt any bands that have been around for decades hang out like they did when they first formed. Does anyone think Aerosmith regularly goes to dinner together?

I'm 13 years younger than Axl and the friends I still have from the 80s and 90s I don't spend nearly the time with or talk to them nearly as much as back then. I have a business with two friends from 20 years ago and we basically only see each other or talk for business purposes.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rayno said:

Really? Didn't know that. Anyone?

Susan had posted on IG a recent picture of her and Stephanie Seymour holding hands (it was from a gala or something). As expected, there were comments about Axl and Stephanie, and Beta reacted to them saying they didn't know what they were talking about etc. Then she deleted the comments but stopped following Susan. But I think they're cool now.

• Like 1

Paul Tobias and Izzy are Indiana boys, so they stand a chance to be repeatedly reacquianted with Ax.

Buckethead? No way, José. In one podcast, Brain touched up on the answering machine messages GNR lawyers would leave to Bucket in around 2003-4 ('You'll never pick up a guitar again, you'll be working at a gas station by the time we're through with you' - endearing stuff like that). Then Ax publicly vilified Bucket for the RIR-Lisbon cancellation.

For someone who complained a lot about how erstwhile band members shoot shit about him in the media, Axl stooped even lower by attacking Bucket, a person who'd never dish out the juicy bits about Axl to lecherous journos. So yeah, they're likely to never communicate again, with or without a sock puppet.

Curiously, Brain has managed to play it both ways, by keeping Bucket as a friend and himself within the Guns camp. It's probably the money - guess it enabled him turn a blind eye to the boss chastising his friend, whom he knew was deeply hurt by the whole ordeal.