How much longer will Axl tour?

I think once Guns calls it quits we'll likely never hear of or see Axl ever again.

In terms of time frame, who knows.  I do believe that having Slash and Duff in the band has made things easier on Axl in some respect. 

Less of a need to prove himself as Guns N' Roses.  Plus all of that money he's raking in certainly helps.

I think two to five years is a good guess in terms of how long we can expect to see Axl in public.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He really fucked himself over by not releasing more material that he could sing in the long run. I can't see a 65-70 year old Axl going out on tour and doing Jungle, Better, YCBM, etc. and honestly he should've retired those songs by now anyway.

I could see him doing some occasional Vegas residencies after he's retired GNR, doing piano songs, covers, acoustic songs, telling stories, etc.

Realistically I think he's got maybe 5 years of touring left, and then we'll never hear from him again.

I don’t want to see A 65 year old Axl singing You Could Be Mine. I like how you said we will never hear from him again once he retires.

33 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

everyone ages differently.  30 years ago I would have said I never want to see Axl tour as a 60 year old.  but today I'm looking forward to seeing him again.  No, he doesn't sound or look the same, but once GNR is done for good, my youth is officially gone.

I think he will go as long as he can physically and mentally do it, so maybe another 10 years.  and then he will open a tiger zoo with Joe Exotic. just kidding..... I think.  

My youth is Officially gone. Lol. I never thought about it, but I’m in the same boat. Once Axl is done my youth is done too.

Just now, DurhamGirl said:

I think this tour will be the last and we wont see him again.  I do wonder if he has enjoyed any of this journey, maybe when he was starting out.

He loves it all. All of it. 

• Like 1

5-6 years.

I think when Axl retires there’s a chance we’ll see a few of his interviews, and perhaps he publish an autobiography. There is a better chance that we will see Axl talking about his life and career after he retires than now while he is still active and touring.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

It would be nice to think he would adapt and do speaking tours, guest spots, producing or whatever but there's a good chance Downzy is right and he'll become a rarer sight than the Loch Ness Monster. It's very rare to hear anything of him now when the band is on hiatus. I hope he finishes his autobiography one day soon but I'm not optimistic.

i think he will tour semi regularly into his late 60s, and then we will see maybe a few more tours once he moves into his 70s.

i really think there is at least 7 or 8 more years of touring the world though.  he seems to love it and the crowds keep showing up.  when he turns 67 we will see a "final tour ever" and then we will see a "we're f'n back" tour 5 years later when he wants to travel again.

orrrrrr until Slash leaves :3