Bridge School Benefit 10 Year Anniversary!!!

The best GNR show in history, surely! :axl:

Cant believe it’s been 10 years. Time fucking flies man. 

I really liked the acoustic Better instrumental, but Axl sucked. Would’ve genuinely been cool if he practiced it and adapted it for his voice. Seemed like he had Strep throat though.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just off the top of my head, I think this was the only concert where he skipped "fucking" in Brownstone and basically did the studio version of this sentence, cause of the kids. If I'm not mistaken. Which was nice. As for the rest, hmm... well... uh... 

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Just off the top of my head, I think this was the only concert where he skipped "fucking" in Brownstone and basically did the studio version of this sentence, cause of the kids. If I'm not mistaken. Which was nice. As for the rest, hmm... well... uh... 

They didn't play Brownstone those two shows. 1st night was Crazy, Used To Love Her, Jungle, Better, Patience, Sweet Child and Paradise. 2nd night was Crazy, Used To Love Her, Jungle, Better, Sweet Child, Patience, Don't Let It Bring You Down and Paradise.

Could you be thinking of Rose Bar Unplugged 2010 - Jungle, Brownstone, Sweet Child, Patience, Used To Love Her, Heavens Door, Whole Lotta Rosie and Paradise?

32 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

They didn't play Brownstone those two shows. 1st night was Crazy, Used To Love Her, Jungle, Better, Patience, Sweet Child and Paradise. 2nd night was Crazy, Used To Love Her, Jungle, Better, Sweet Child, Patience, Don't Let It Bring You Down and Paradise.

Could you be thinking of Rose Bar Unplugged 2010 - Jungle, Brownstone, Sweet Child, Patience, Used To Love Her, Heavens Door, Whole Lotta Rosie and Paradise?

Hm, so it must have been some other song (maybe Crazy?), but I know it was at the Benefit show. Can't watch the video now, and don't really want to anyway. :lol:

• Haha 1

I was starting to check out a little bit at this time.  I really couldn't stand Ashba, the band seemed like a shell of the future I hoped for when Axl started reestablishing the band and there was no signs of a new album anywhere on the horizon (LOL) so I really have no memory of these shows outside of what I've read About them. Never checked any of the footage out.

My only regret is missing the up close and personal tour in Philadelphia at the electric factory because I'm sure that would have been awesome.  I did get to see them at a small venue in Bethlehem PA a couple years later.

Thank God for the reunion because it brought back a reason to be excited about the band.  And fuck Ashba, that dude sucked lol

• Like 3

They were fun acoustic shows for a really good cause. Too bad Axl's wasn't in good shape for the first night, but kudos to him for realizing that performing for the kids was the most important thing that night. Too bad not at all fans seem to see it that way.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

It's funny because he did the "Youre fucking crazy" parts at the opening song.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hally187 said:

I remember paying money to be able to stream it and being so pumped to watch a pro-shot acoustic gig...

Eddie Vedder did a couple of covers because Guns were running late (as per tradition for that era).

Finally they come out and wow... I just felt soooo sorry for those kids... no part of their bodies worked properly except their ears and they had to sit through it being literally too disabled to even be able to leave.  Completely inhumane.

LOL. Damn you, Axl and co.