New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

On this episode of Westwood One's Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon - new interviews with Tobias from Ghost and Nothing More's Jonny Hawkins. Spell-caster Alan Niven co-hosts. And we offer a full explanation of the unsubstantiated claims that Guns N' Roses have recorded a new song (T-Rex's Children Of The Revolution). 

Guns N' Roses - Children Of The Revolution update at approx. 44minutes 55 seconds. 

LINK: https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with-mitch-lafon/ghost-and-nothing-more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to throw a prediction in for fun. I think they release an album in the spring of 2020. I think they will tour end of 2019 but album will be delayed until the spring. 

The only prediction I’ve ever been right on was saying Axl and Slash would reunite in the next 5 years in 2013. I said that because I think for the first time they looked at the clock and Axl realized he’s closing in on 60 and the chance to give a reunion justice was fading. I think Axl would like to release another album and another tour before he hits that age. 

All assuming Axl is done with ACDC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

I was talking to someone in the know today. I was telling them about the rumours that Susan's posted on Instagram and they said "Nobody cares about a live record. A live record doesn’t give you another tour cycle. They need another tour cycle "

The thing is, most bands don't necessarily need to count on a product giving them a tour. Most bands can go out there and do a tour, promoting absolutely nothing, and still sell well. Of course they need to change up the setlist from tour to tour. Guns can't do this because they don't have the material to really mix it up with the length shows they have, and they seem unwilling to dig deeper into their existing catalogue - it blows my mind that we really only got two "new" UYI songs on this tour. So for a band like them, unless they want to continually tour with diminishing returns, the only option is new music so they can play it live. 

I think Guns would need to wait a few years before touring again. They could release either a double album or 2 albums and have a final goodbye tour.. hopefully with Izzy and Steven around 2020. I don't think Axl has the voice to be like Robert Plant or Rob Halford, or soem of these other guys who just keep performing and writing. Financially it would make the most sense,... Along with releasing UYI and Appetite tour tapes 😋😋

My dream scenario is for Axl and Slash to get into a studio and write all new material and go around doing acoustic sets at small clubs similar to 2010. 

Record the process, release a new album, documentary, and live acoustic show. Then do a big stadium tour.

Really if they aren’t going to record new music I want them to do acoustic shows together. It would be good for Axl’s voice and switch things up a bit. Plus I’d pay more money to see them in that atmosphere 

Edited by IncitingChaos

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The thing is, most bands don't necessarily need to count on a product giving them a tour. Most bands can go out there and do a tour, promoting absolutely nothing, and still sell well. Of course they need to change up the setlist from tour to tour. Guns can't do this because they don't have the material to really mix it up with the length shows they have, and they seem unwilling to dig deeper into their existing catalogue - it blows my mind that we really only got two "new" UYI songs on this tour. So for a band like them, unless they want to continually tour with diminishing returns, the only option is new music so they can play it live. 

Those bands that tour endlessly with nothing to promote are also playing amphitheater’s and small arenas on their tours (with the exception of the stones) gnr doesnt want to do that they want another stadium run

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I don't think Axl has the voice to be like Robert Plant or Rob Halford, or soem of these other guys who just keep performing and writing. 

The thing with those 2 in particular is that they're realistic with what they're able to do now. Page does stuff that suits his range and although there's not the same amount of mad screams as the old days, Rob sounds fantastic on the last Priest record.

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I've figured it out. It's obvious.

A live covers album. All the fan favourites including 'Black Hole Sun', 'Wichita Lineman', and of course essential setlist staple 'The Seeker'. But wait, there's more! Buy the $250 super deluxe edition and be one of the lucky few who care enough to own the previously unreleased Slash and Richard Fortus guitar duet 'Wish You Were Here / Layla'. Go big and grab the $1000 box set including every recording of 'The Seeker'!

Bada boom, shittiest idea in the room.

Maximum effort.

is Sailing included? :-) If yes, take my money

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, ironmt said:

Who cares about a new album. They haven't released one since 1991 anyway. Their catalog is fine just the way it is, all they need to do is introduce more Illusion cuts into the set list and hit the road again after a 6 month break. 

I totally agree with you.

I can't imagine any new songs being as amazing as the stuff GNR already has.

I would love to hear more UYI songs too. Just stay together, take breaks and continue touring. Do another huge US tour too.

• Like 1