Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, cineater said:

It's okay, I see things that aren't there.  :lol:

How mysterious / truth-y / insider-y of you. 

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

What did they post? I’m not on Instagram so can’t see!

A clip of something they let "fans" scrape off YouTube years ago so fans couldn't watch it for free anymore. 

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"Nightrain exclusive" = unlisted youtube video. :lol:

Here's Double Talkin' Jive from Baltimore for those who haven't seen it:

Am I surprised? No.

Still funny as fuck that this is their version of an exclusive.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

How mysterious / truth-y / insider-y of you. 

A clip of something they let "fans" scrape off YouTube years ago so fans couldn't watch it for free anymore. 

I probably know the answer but was it in any better quality than what was up before?

8 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I imagine fernando exports the videos in a very low bitrate so that he doesn't need to leave his laptop on all night waiting on them to render.

Most other bands or artists would pay a professional to do this but we know this is the answer. 

On 3/31/2022 at 9:57 PM, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Slash's tone is so damn dry. He needs the UYI tone to be doing those runs he's doing, otherwise it just abruptly cuts out cause the gain doesn't carry anything across note to note.

It's funny because it starts very dry, but at the end when he switches to the neck pickup it has a hall reverb almost surf music levels. But I think Slash wasn't in his good night, that was very rough.

And Slash is on the left channel for some reason. So yeah, they dont even know how to export the correct audio stereo pan. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It's funny because it starts very dry, but at the end when he switches to the neck pickup it has a hall reverb almost surf music levels. But I think Slash wasn't in his good night, that was very rough.

And Slash is on the left channel for some reason. So yeah, they dont even know how to export the correct audio stereo pan. 

I just really miss that fat live tone he had in the 90's, all it would take is a pedal and a quick knob adjustment on his jubilees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

I just really miss that fat live tone he had in the 90's, all it would take is a pedal and a quick knob adjustment on his jubilees.

There’s none of the 90s but plenty of fat onstage in 2022. These knobs need a lot of adjusting. 

• ABSUЯD 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

His tone was great in 2021, it was a bit more like the Illusions. Still wasn't the same, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingcanyon said:

yeah but they would have been F'n back for over a year by the SA tour

I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one of the SA shows being advertised with the We're F'n Back slogan. It was a stupid name for the tour last year, and it's an even worse name this year, so of course they're sticking with it.

• Haha 1