The best Live version of "Welcome To The Jungle"

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

You know is not GNR the 2006's band right?

You know Guns N' Roses existed past 1993, right? 

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

How on earth NUGNR would be better than the real ones 🤣🤡

I never said they were better, I said that the '06 performance was my favorite. 

1 hour ago, invisible_rose said:

Axl looked cool as fuck too. Loved that era. Only thing I'd change was I'd having Bucket back. 

Funny when you look Axl in 2006 and then 2016 with Ac/dc. He looks like a different guy.  That 2006 hair was cool. 

• Like 1

The best is obviously subjective, but the most important was obviously MTV Awards 88. It helped solidify them as being great/cool as fuck in the minds of the public at large. That propelled them to the heights they achieved. 

PS: It’s kinda interesting how that same song and event was chosen by Axl to really introduce his new version of the band 14 years later…only it ended up garnering the opposite results. 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

La Plata 2017 had a lot of energy too. Was there and it was amazing. after the ‘you’re gonna die’ scream Axl said something like ‘feels like 1987!’

was fucking epic!!!! axl with the old jacket skull and slash so into it, the rasp the energy, the cown was on fire jumping

5 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Rock Am Ring was in the beggining of that tour. Axl`s top perfomances were from the middle to end.

NovaRock Festival, Greece, Download (both Ireland and UK), London, Newcastle, Manchester, Toronto, San Franisco, 3 LA Shows and much more were MUCH better than Rock Am Ring.

edit: sorry, i`ve just read that you WERE in that show. Didn`t meant to be disrespectul.

i would love to see pro shots from those shows, think about you 2006 la was EPIC

Just now, darkside259 said:

i would love to see pro shots from those shows, think about you 2006 la was EPIC

they even play down on the farm

On 8/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, GoBucky said:

I got grounded for 6 weeks for coming home from that show very late on a school night...it was 100% worth it, amazing show! I felt bad for my other buddies who had tix for the second night.

What time did the Chicago '92 show end? The bootleg of that gig is my favorite bootleg of all time. I remember watching it for the first time in early January of 1994 and freaking out when I heard the intro to Coma. As we know, there were no internet spoilers in those days. :headbang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rockphantom said:

What time did the Chicago '92 show end? The bootleg of that gig is my favorite bootleg of all time. I remember watching it for the first time in early January of 1994 and freaking out when I heard the intro to Coma. As we know, there were no internet spoilers in those days. :headbang:

It was after 1am for sure...I just remember that it was really bad that my mom was waiting up when I got home. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, Axeli said:

Funny when you look Axl in 2006 and then 2016 with Ac/dc. He looks like a different guy.  That 2006 hair was cool. 

But we’re you saying that in ‘06? I’d say 95% of fans hated on it. I’ve always liked it, thought it was so badass to go along with his classic attitude back along with the “high class, rockstar” look with the blazers and vests. Perfect look 

On 8/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, GoBucky said:

It was after 1am for sure...I just remember that it was really bad that my mom was waiting up when I got home. 

The fact you got your hands on that in 94 is mind blowing 

On 8/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, rockphantom said:

How did you get the bootleg back in the day? Was it good quality? Just interested. I was born in 1993

On 8/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, Kelmi said:

How did you get the bootleg back in the day? Was it good quality? Just interested. I was born in 1993

I ordered the VHS from a dealer who was advertising thousands of bootlegged concert VHS tapes in the back of rock magazines like Circus and RIP.
The Chicago tape cost $30. I also ordered the Indiana 91 VHS which also cost $30.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, Kelmi said:

I have that one as well as all kinds of other bootlegs.. Me and my friends used to take the train into the city where there was store that sold all kinds of bootlegs and stuff.. That is where I would get all my GnR bootleg records, cassettes, VHS and CDs back in the day.

It 

• Like 1

I loved that feeling when you visited a new record store and while browsing "G" found new bootlegs. Just that feeling of seeing a cover you had never seen before but with "Guns N' Roses" printed on it and then turn it roudn to see what songs it contained, hoping there would be something there you'd never heard before. Good times.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I loved that feeling when you visited a new record store and while browsing "G" found new bootlegs. Just that feeling of seeing a cover you had never seen before but with "Guns N' Roses" printed on it and then turn it roudn to see what songs it contained, hoping there would be something there you'd never heard before. Good times.

I remember being on vacation in Orlando Florida in the mid 90s. There was a music store by our hotel on International Drive (I think it's still there actually). I found Guns N' Roses - Unplugged and had the same feeling you're talking about. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I remember being on vacation in Orlando Florida in the mid 90s. There was a music store by our hotel on International Drive (I think it's still there actually). I found Guns N' Roses - Unplugged and had the same feeling you're talking about. 

This one? 

20210811.jpg

20210810.jpg

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1