Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

But did you order your

"Hard Skool" 3 song 7" single yet featuring the Nightrain Fan Club exclusive "Shadow of Your Love (Live)" :o 

They milking this for every last dime :D 

But at least now we get 6 whole new-ish tracks, even though 2 of them are ATURD

D9AF33C0-BD5D-4182-AD4E-73E3F01E35E3.jpe

Edited by RedHook
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

😂 Nice try GN'R, but I'm not paying for a worthless Nightrain membership just to get a 12" single. 

You know what I said about how I thought it wasn't necessary for multiple variants of albums/songs... I forgot to say that there is exceptions :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

😂 Nice try GN'R, but I'm not paying for a worthless Nightrain membership just to get a 12" single. 

Yeah, but doesn’t this vinyl have the studio version of Absurd? Whereas the red one just has a live version of the song? I thought you were a completionist who wants to have every GnR studio track on vinyl! :-P

32 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, but doesn’t this vinyl have the studio version of Absurd? Whereas the red one just has a live version of the song? I thought you were a completionist who wants to have every GnR studio track on vinyl! :-P

I can live without having the studio version of Absurd, especially for that price 😂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I can live without having the studio version of Absurd, especially for that price 😂 

That’s fair. I see above now that it’s not even the studio version of absurd on this new release anyways. It’s just the live version again lol!

Still a cool design, tho. I’ll give them that.

• Like 1

Had they released a 12" or 10" single with Absurd & Hard Skool studio and live versions + 2 or three other live songs I might have bought that... But I'm not paying for Nightrain and the vinyl just for SOYL, even though the collector in me is screaming that I should.

I prefer that cover art though!

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 2:50 PM, RedHook said:

But did you order your

"Hard Skool" 3 song 7" single yet featuring the Nightrain Fan Club exclusive "Shadow of Your Love (Live)" :o 

They milking this for every last dime :D 

But at least now we get 6 whole new-ish tracks, even though 2 of them are ATURD

D9AF33C0-BD5D-4182-AD4E-73E3F01E35E3.jpe

8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Opinions about the fabclub aside, but this is the best they've done by miles imo.

I agree. I might get the basic one just for the vinyl but I'll do it closer to June when it's actually going to ship. I have SMKC merch to buy before that haha.

Unrelated but it looks like the Super Deluxe Edition of AFD sold out. What's on Amazon is now at varying prices from $62 on up to $196. I got mine last year on Amazon for approx $60. Even though I have it, I'm still tempted for the big box. For those who have it, would you say it's worth it?

3 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Unrelated but it looks like the Super Deluxe Edition of AFD sold out. What's on Amazon is now at varying prices from $62 on up to $196. I got mine last year on Amazon for approx $60. Even though I have it, I'm still tempted for the big box. For those who have it, would you say it's worth it?

Yes, go for the box!! Just wait and find a good deal on it. I had the Super Deluxe already but I really wanted the actual box and the records that comes with it. I just got one on sale at the end of the year for $260. Then I sold the super deluxe that came with the boxed set. It was still closed and I sold it for $60. So that got the price of the box down to $200. I still have a few things I might sell from it and that just makes more room for the new Hard Skool Nightrain vinyl single that I will put in it😆