Hard Skool Live !

The musical part sounds pretty solid, but Axl… well, at least he tries, but it’s sad to hear him sing like that. I don’t know why the stormy one does not take advantage of his low and medium voice, in this song it would sound very good.

Does anyone know why he doesn’t take advantage of his thick voice? Many songs would sound decent if he sang like that (Slither, November Rain, KOHD)

I said this in the show thread but I've been Team AXL for 20 years and I'm as pro-Axl in anything he does as a person can be....

But his voice is what it is. It's been like this for years and we're constantly telling ourselves it'll get better but it doesn't. 

And their efforts towards new music have been to use whatever already has a 20 year old Axl vocal track on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Fact it got played live is wonderful. Band sounded great. As for Axl, I know he's 59 and has wear and tear. However, still think he's capable of far better, maybe a coach would help him with his mid range. Kudos to him for singing it but felt really bad for him, it wasnt good.