UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Why don't you stop whining about other people whining? :wow:

Axl's vocals sound awesome on the Looney Tunes studio track. 

I the Looney Tunes track tells me that Axl can still perform in the studio. We know his vocals live are hit or miss. But there is no reason to think he can’t go in a studio and record line by line and put together a song. Kind of like they said Vince Neil would do

Edited by ryanf23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Just thinking about this again….I take it we can assume that as a surround mix was worked on that the masters probably survived the Universal warehouse fire?

Hopefully. If not, it's possible that they tried an artificial separation through AI which obviously wouldn't be as good. And that could be the very reason they rejected the mix.

Of course, no facts here, just guessing. 

On 5/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, ryanf23 said:

I the Looney Tunes track tells me that Axl can still perform in the studio. We know his vocals live are hit or miss. But there is no reason to think he can’t go in a studio and record line by line and put together a song. Kind of like they said Vince Neil would do

But that’s exactly what he does. I know there was an article somewhere that suggested he was doing this as early as the Appetite recording sessions. 

2 hours ago, surforia said:

This box set is the only thing related to gnr that I feel like I can legitimately look forward to, and that’s sad because it hasn’t even been officially announced and may not even happen.

Sources say it will. Probably drop unannounced with little to no promotion, perhaps a billboard saying "Illusions are coming!"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, surforia said:

This box set is the only thing related to gnr that I feel like I can legitimately look forward to, and that’s sad because it hasn’t even been officially announced and may not even happen.

It is the only thing I have been looking forward to as well. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, surforia said:

Yup, exactly this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...