2023 WORLD TOUR

21 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

When Slash said new single for Europe this is what he meant lol

What if this really is a "whole new show" but Glasgow gets last years setlist. That would be some epic trolling lol

If it means definitely getting Reckless Life….I’m more than good with that 🤣

34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. A little bit. :lol::lol: But more importantly, do you? :P

I don t care I was proven wrong in this case.. 

happy I get to see them in Budapest. June is quite filled with other gigs for me, but at this point I dont care as GNR is the only band I love who doesn’t make new music. So 1 GNR gig will be enough for me this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Damn, and there goes that GNR not taking adivce from forum experts like @Zeppelin @Gordon Comstock and @Natty and still do a summertour that also plays in stadiums. Well, I guess they can afford the good stuff.

Maybe you should manage the band, since you’re lodged so far up their ass. Just because they announced it doesn’t mean it’s a significant success right out of the gate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Damn. I may not go then. Chicago is a good 3-3.5 hours from where we are at in MI.

Detroit is 2 hours from where we are at, far easier to get to, and slightly safer? :P 

Will talk with my dad about it, but we may skip this tour if no Detroit show. They have played there for so long, on nearly every tour. :(

Detroit sold terribly last tour. We got pit tix two days before the show for $60 on TM. The upper deck was maybe 25% full. We did the same for pit at Wrigley. I'm going to hit a few of these shows, but I'm not buying tix until a week or two before. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

I bought the premium Nightrain package. First time. Seemed reasonable for $89. To get a t-shirt, hat, live CD, and surprise gift (maybe the Ritz 91 lithograph?) for under $100 bucks was money I could justify spending.

Will probably buy up to three tickets for the 8/21 Boston Fenway Park show. Had tickets for the same venue in 2020, but COVID caused the reschedule and I ended up getting a refund.

• Like 1

2001-12-02 (got tickets but was cancelled)
2006-07-02
2010-10-03
2012-06-04
2012-06-08
2017-06-24
2018-06-21
2020-06-21 (got tickets but was cancelled)
2022-06-23

These are the show I attended....but I won't go in 2023 due to schedule and financial things.
I guess I already regret not going....because it would be typical my bad luck to skip a show and seeing that I missed new music.

So I will not be there....and therefore there shall be a new album...

Good luck to all who will go....and in the end I might have that new album in my hands so it's not that bad after all.

Edited by avahland
two cancelled shows

4 minutes ago, thomasmcole said:

Are there any other bands that tour this often and on this scale with absolutely nothing to promote? 🤔

Depends on how you look at it. Many of these stops haven't had a show in years (or even decades). Torontos last set of shows was nearly 6 years 

Edited by Coma16

Also, let's keep in mind Slash's most recent comments about new music were that they had one more tour to do next summer (this tour that has been announced) and then they'd be free to work on NEW music. And we're still waiting on the "epic" songs they already finished from ChiDem ... So possibility this tour may feature those new "epic" ChiDem songs ...

Edited by 2020_Intensions

22 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Detroit sold terribly last tour. We got pit tix two days before the show for $60 on TM. The upper deck was maybe 25% full. We did the same for pit at Wrigley. I'm going to hit a few of these shows, but I'm not buying tix until a week or two before. 

That's too bad, it seemed fairly busy when my dad and I went. I do remember tickets selling for cheap shortly before.

Unless Axl’s vocals are back to ‘16 (or better), I’m out on this tour.  I’ve seen 6 shows from the reunion lineup, and while all have been fun, I won’t pay $ to hear Mickey anymore.  Pretty sad actually because I’d love to feel hyped about the tour and they are (and will always be) one of my favorite bands.

• Like 2