06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Shows how much pyro confetti fireworks elevate a live show and make it such a spectacle. really wish GnR brought that. They're such cheapos. Pay the money TB, you charge us enough! BRING BACK PYRO 

100% agree with this! The first 2 NA legs of NITL had awesome pyro, the pandemic is over, I gave them a pass for it with the 21’ tour because I know everyone was having a hard time getting workers to do it and everyone was trying to keep crew minimal. But now, I can’t understand the reason for it. I really hope they bring it back for the NA stadiums. Seeing a stadium show with no pyro is so anticlimactic. I told my wife how the November Rain pyro showers were always a highlight of any GNR show, she’d now been to be 2 shows with me and nothing but the screens in the background, which is disappointing. Also the explosions during LALD were always killer

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Disagreeing and having a different opinion is "ranting"?? :lol::facepalm: Got it. Don't hear no beaming though.

Well I was working under the assumption you have functioning eyes and ears, I apologise. But for the rest of us we can confirm he was VERY happy to be there, and spent the gig running the length of the stage (which he doesn't done in a few years) thanking the crowd several times for inviting them. 

Just give it up. I really have no idea why you're so bent out of shape that GNR believe playing Glastonbury is a big feather in their cap. Different opinions are one thing, but when it's right there for everybody to see and you say it's the opposite then you're clearly a bit untethered😄 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

100% agree with this! The first 2 NA legs of NITL had awesome pyro, the pandemic is over, I gave them a pass for it with the 21’ tour because I know everyone was having a hard time getting workers to do it and everyone was trying to keep crew minimal. But now, I can’t understand the reason for it. I really hope they bring it back for the NA stadiums. Seeing a stadium show with no pyro is so anticlimactic. I told my wife how the November Rain pyro showers were always a highlight of any GNR show, she’d now been to be 2 shows with me and nothing but the screens in the background, which is disappointing. Also the explosions during LALD were always killer

Even Kiss have cut back on pyro recently. I went to see them in Newcastle recently and about half of the pyro was replaced with 'bang' sound effects being played through the speakers instead.

I know Kiss gets accused of backing tracks, but jeez...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Even Kiss have cut back on pyro recently. I went to see them in Newcastle recently and about half of the pyro was replaced with 'bang' sound effects being played through the speakers instead.

Backing tracks is the least of the issues with Kiss. For all the shit Axl gets, Paul Stanley got around his failing voice by lip syncing his way through shows since 2019. It's evident and shameful. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

Backing tracks is the least of the issues with Kiss. For all the shit Axl gets, Paul Stanley got around his failing voice by lip syncing his way through shows since 2019. It's evident and shameful. 

And now the fireworks lip sync too! :laugh: 

But seriously, people like to shit on Tommy and Eric in that band for not being originals, but they have my respect for playing and singing their parts every night. Paul Stanley could – and it wouldn't matter if it was good or bad, most aren't great at that age – but doesn't. Like you say, shameful

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

For a band to use pyrotechnics, you need pyrotechnic experts. There aren't alot of those experts available to commit to having people travel the world with an artist or a band as part of the traveling crew.

The other issue is having access to the pyrotechnics explosives themselves. 

You don't travel the world with explosives in the luggage hold of the plane you are traveling around the world on or on the tour bus. 

Commonly the company responsibile for pyrotechnics services will be responsible for sourcing the pyro and it's transportation locally or internationally. 

With high transport costs and inflation, it's not cost effective to have pyro as part of your stage production.

The tour promotor is responsible for those costs, not the band or artist and that expensive is factored in when the booking agent is dealing with the promotor.

A band will have a small group of experts traveling with them as lightning, stage techs, FOH techs, monitor techs etc.

Those people are joined by local contractors to rig the stage, the lights and PA etc. 

Those costs are all covered by the tour promotor who factors those costs into ticket prices to recover the cost of the investment. 

Taylor Swifts ticket prices are so high, because each promotor is looking to recover the cost or paying for her production and the entourage she travels with. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

I couldn't care less about pyro in a music show. I'm more into good sound , lights and visuals 

Same, the only time I really found myself really into pryo is when Paul McCartney uses it for Live and Let Die, which I know GNR adopted too but I don't miss it when it isn't there for GNR

This may sound nitpicky but I always was mildly annoyed when the pyro goes off during songs because I would much rather hear the band and especially the drums crescendo to that epic point rather than hearing a big bang over it all lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Same, the only time I really found myself really into pryo is when Paul McCartney uses it for Live and Let Die, which I know GNR adopted too but I don't miss it when it isn't there for GNR

This may sound nitpicky but I always was mildly annoyed when the pyro goes off during songs because I would much rather hear the band and especially the drums crescendo to that epic point rather than hearing a big bang over it all lol

I don’t need the pyro or the videos - hang the illusion banners and run some big screens of the band - I’d be happy. Throw in a bullet banner too for good measure. 

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Pyro on backing tracks, it's gone too far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Well I was working under the assumption you have functioning eyes and ears, I apologise. But for the rest of us we can confirm he was VERY happy to be there, and spent the gig running the length of the stage (which he doesn't done in a few years) thanking the crowd several times for inviting them. 

Just give it up. I really have no idea why you're so bent out of shape that GNR believe playing Glastonbury is a big feather in their cap. Different opinions are one thing, but when it's right there for everybody to see and you say it's the opposite then you're clearly a bit untethered😄 

Well. YOU believe he was (more) happy to be there, than at other places. I guess at this point he's just happy to be anywhere. He also was happy and smiley and made full use of the stage (whenever they let him, lately they built fences in his way, so he couldn't use all the stage, but he proceeded to tear them down, so he can use all the stage, like in Rio) at other places. I know, because I've seen him all those years. The only difference here was that they haven't been added to boost ticket sales, since it already was sold out and that they were gonna be televised (though, Rio anyone?). So the crowd certainly did not invite them. It's just ridiculous to watch all the stuff you all interpret in whatever they are doing, just like the one claiming that Fortus hated to be there (oh, no. But it's Glastonbury, how could he be not happy to be there, since it's that special?), the predictions of what they were going to be doing, blowing everything out of proportion, when in reality they just played a regular gig in front of a crowd that wasn't nessesarily theirs (though at the end of the day, they even sang along to Slither).

And really, why are you so hellbent to convince everyone that they think it is this special thing, playing at a wanker festival, with people buying tickets without even knowing who's playing and people upset that a proper rock band takes one of their precious headline slots. I remember that ridiculous outrage when Metallica were set to play. But then they gladly welcome all other kind of wank acts. But whatever, what is there to give up, just like you, I'm free to share my opinion. It's special in the sense that they weren't needed to boost sales, but were booked because organizers apparently wanted them there. But I'd say that's about it. Why don't you give it up??

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Pyro on backing tracks, it's gone too far

Crying to bring back pyro. It's gone too far. There is nothing really added to the show, unless it is Rammstein. The way GNR has been using it, it's absolutely irrelevant whether it's there or not.

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. YOU believe he was (more) happy to be there, than at other places. I guess at this point he's just happy to be anywhere. He also was happy and smiley and made full use of the stage (whenever they let him, lately they built fences in his way, so he couldn't use all the stage, but he proceeded to tear them down, so he can use all the stage, like in Rio) at other places. I know, because I've seen him all those years. The only difference here was that they haven't been added to boost ticket sales, since it already was sold out and that they were gonna be televised (though, Rio anyone?). So the crowd certainly did not invite them. It's just ridiculous to watch all the stuff you all interpret in whatever they are doing, just like the one claiming that Fortus hated to be there (oh, no. But it's Glastonbury, how could he be not happy to be there, since it's that special?), the predictions of what they were going to be doing, blowing everything out of proportion, when in reality they just played a regular gig in front of a crowd that wasn't nessesarily theirs (though at the end of the day, they even sang along to Slither).

And really, why are you so hellbent to convince everyone that they think it is this special thing, playing at a wanker festival, with people buying tickets without even knowing who's playing and people upset that a proper rock band takes one of their precious headline slots. I remember that ridiculous outrage when Metallica were set to play. But then they gladly welcome all other kind of wank acts. But whatever, what is there to give up, just like you, I'm free to share my opinion. It's special in the sense that they weren't needed to boost sales, but were booked because organizers apparently wanted them there. But I'd say that's about it. Why don't you give it up??

Crying to bring back pyro. It's gone too far. There is nothing really added to the show, unless it is Rammstein. The way GNR has been using it, it's absolutely irrelevant whether it's there or not.

I'm ending this little back and forth here.

I'm not trying to convince everybody. Everybody agrees, or at least the majority. You seem to be the lone wolf in this situation. And I'm not trying to convince you either, you are beyond convincing🤣 Like I've said multiple times, believe and see what you want.

And you tit... the pyro comment was a joke. Take the stick out of your arse😄

Edited by Tom2112

49 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

For a band to use pyrotechnics, you need pyrotechnic experts. There aren't alot of those experts available to commit to having people travel the world with an artist or a band as part of the traveling crew.

The other issue is having access to the pyrotechnics explosives themselves. 

You don't travel the world with explosives in the luggage hold of the plane you are traveling around the world on or on the tour bus. 

Commonly the company responsibile for pyrotechnics services will be responsible for sourcing the pyro and it's transportation locally or internationally. 

With high transport costs and inflation, it's not cost effective to have pyro as part of your stage production.

The tour promotor is responsible for those costs, not the band or artist and that expensive is factored in when the booking agent is dealing with the promotor.

A band will have a small group of experts traveling with them as lightning, stage techs, FOH techs, monitor techs etc.

Those people are joined by local contractors to rig the stage, the lights and PA etc. 

Those costs are all covered by the tour promotor who factors those costs into ticket prices to recover the cost of the investment. 

Taylor Swifts ticket prices are so high, because each promotor is looking to recover the cost or paying for her production and the entourage she travels with. 

You too, know how the music industry works. Spot on analysis..

4 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Avenged Sevenfold returned to touring recently and they were a band who used to have big pyro shows and they completely dropped it too.  

Giant ass video boards are way cheaper than they used to be, a lot safer and can do way more. Pyro is not nearly as relevant as it was even 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Man this is an odd post

2 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

• Confused 1

I don’t have access to the BBC iPlayer, but is the GnR set on there and has the mix been fixed?

I used a link shared here to view the second half of the set and there was no mix issues at all, but people mentioned it here and a few mates who watched the BBC broadcast said the mix was kinda shitty, Axl dropping in and out, guitars too high… has the mix been sorted for the iPlayer upload? 

I thought GN’R were fabulous last night. Getting a good review at Glastonbury isn’t possible given the nature of British journalism/fandom. Getting slaughtered by the British public on Twitter is what it’s all about. It happens every, single year without fail. Doesn’t matter who you are. It’s what happens.

I thought Axl sounded excellent and the band were tight as hell. Best rock band ever.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I thought GN’R were fabulous last night. Getting a good review at Glastonbury isn’t possible given the nature of British journalism/fandom. Getting slaughtered by the British public on Twitter is what it’s all about. It happens every, single year without fail. Doesn’t matter who you are. It’s what happens.

I thought Axl sounded excellent and the band were tight as hell. Best rock band ever.

I don’t know that’s entirely true.

GnR got one or two shit reviews but the bulk of the reviews of them seemed positive. Rarely do bands get slated for their Glasto sets, it’s usually a place (as it was for GnR last night) where a crowd turns up wanting to hear the headline bands hits and have a good time. I can’t remember any headliner getting absolutely slated for their glasto set. There’s always shit talked prior to the set, like with Jay Z, Like with Metallica, Like with GNR, but I don’t recall any of them getting slated by all of the press for their actual set. GnR got a shitty review or two, that’s it, that’s the norm. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 2