Axl has his own Website now

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have a few times. In short:

According to the liner notes of the recent singles, GN'R owns the rights to the recordings, which means that GN'R, and not the label, paid for the re-recording and production. Which, in turn, may also mean that Axl has bought the rights to the original masters from the label.

Interesting. Could it be that he only bought the rights to those songs, though?

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Let’s be real.. that would be a good cover of an autobiography! (Minus the “drag me” part 😂)

Except that fake quote. It doesn't even make sense and people are saying it would be a good title? WTF...

7 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Interesting. Could it be that he only bought the rights to those songs, though?

Yeah, it's possible that he has bought the rights to certain songs he wants to release.

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Let’s be real.. that would be a good cover of an autobiography! (Minus the “drag me” part 😂)

With the catchy title "W. AXL ROSE - FROM BANDANAS TO BANDAIDS" 💁‍♀️

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

This is a fair and reasonable point, they could use the tech available today.

My argument against is that 1. I'm a purist and don't want to hear robot music. I'm ok with some autotune here and there but the idea of AI enhanced Axl makes me nauseous. I'll take current day Axls attempt for better or for worse. 2. If Axl uses that tech to sound like a younger voiced version of himself, he paints himself into a corner of not being able to perform it live. 3. I'd have to imagine Slash would be seriously against this, he is a pure traditional rock guy and barely likes using pro tools. 

This idea is fine for deceased musicians to finish off demos like the Beatles etc. but Axl is still alive and fit to work. I think the point of the post is the reality of Axls vocal ability and the reality of performing live and that it's not going to get any easier so now is the time to release music and tour while he still can pull it off. I don't think he's going to be able to do jungle etc. in another few years. 

On topic. I would love to read an Axl book. 

I would not like to be the editor though🤣

Who's to say that GNR has to perform new songs in a live setting, though?! Don't Damn Me is one of the best songs ever  from GNR and it has never been performed live by GNR.  There's no rule stating that songs have to be performed at a concert. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Who's to say that GNR has to perform new songs in a live setting, though?! Don't Damn Me is one of the best songs ever  from GNR and it has never been performed live by GNR.  There's no rule stating that songs have to be performed at a concert. 

Well they don't have to do anything really, but if they hypothetically release a song and it somehow (despite all their worst efforts) got popular there would be an expectation of hearing it live. 

If gnr had retired as an active touring entity and were just making music like Queen did then fire ahead...just no facking AI, unless it's absolutely the only way of very NG things done.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Maybe it’s to launch another $200,000 watch or a pizza restaurant chain

I'll contact my bank manager

23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Personally if I was Axl I would be mortified at writing my own biography. 
He would have to address so much pompous bullshit he did in the 90s.

it would be embarrassing.

he did call the UYI videos cheesy or something to that effect in the Trunk interview back in 06. So by then he’d soured on that era and its trappings presumably.

my question is, now that slash and duff are back, how honest would he be about the breakup? would he be blunt and tell it how it went down as he saw it or whitewash it cause he doesn’t wanna piss off Slash?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

He wouldn't have to address everything. An autobiography doesn't have to be a tell-all.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

my question is, now that slash and duff are back, how honest would he be about the breakup? would he be blunt and tell it how it went down as he saw it or whitewash it cause he doesn’t wanna piss off Slash?

Didn’t he talk about Slash’s book at the 2016 China Exchange? Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly bc it’s been years but I thought he kinda alluded that he still thought it was B.S. 

Aside from talking about the band breakup, I’d love to read about the following: 

- 2002 tour

- buckethead leaving 

- why the album took so long, why it wasn’t really promoted, etc… 

I feel like the 2000-2010 decade was one of the most interesting chapters of GNR from a business standpoint 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it's possible that he has bought the rights to certain songs he wants to release.

It all depends on whether sales of Chinese Democracy repaid the money owed to UMG.  And what kind of album commitments had (or still has) with UMG. 

If Axl repaid his debts and isn't contractually to deliver additional albums, he likely retained rights to unreleased material without payment. 

If I had to bet, all of this was renegotiated at some point since the reunion.  It's just a matter of whether any recording during the CD sessions remains the property of UMG if Axl repaid UMG of all recording costs. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 2:19 PM, Lio said:

Where does this quote come from? When or where has he said that?

YOU GOTTA LEARN TO LIVE AND RUN,OR YOU'LL DIE TRYING.

I associate Axl with some of the most interesting quotes ever. I've read this back to front 30 times since yesterday and I cannot make any sense of it. It feels satirical because it makes no apparent sense but the way it's displayed on that website makes it look like it's some legendary, celebrated remark. Latest thing in the litany of bizarre things these musicians have done in the last 25 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

This is an interesting observation. He has a pending civil suit in New York and the last think his lawyers would want is him publishing a self evaluation of his, possibly ill-advised, behavior from the early years.

• Like 4

Lets be honest.  This is Axl.  this is probably a website they were going to launch in 2006, and just got around to doing it now.  I'm willing to bet 1 or less updates in the next 3 years before the website is removed forever.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I agree.  but I'd love to hear his side of the Cobain thing and what was going  through his mind when he found out Kurt died. which is also around the same time Duffs pancreas exploded....

3 hours ago, downzy said:

It all depends on whether sales of Chinese Democracy repaid the money owed to UMG.  And what kind of album commitments had (or still has) with UMG. 

If Axl repaid his debts and isn't contractually to deliver additional albums, he likely retained rights to unreleased material without payment

I thought Best Buy already paid off the debt back in 2008 when they purchased the US exclusivity for the album? So every copy sold of Chinese Democracy would have been profitable for UMG.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 5:37 PM, Blackstar said:

There's absolutely nothing suggesting it's about an autobiography, since it turned out that the book related site the (fake) quote is from is irrelevant and a scam.

But even if it's just about merch, I think it's positive that he's finally doing something under his own name.

Well, half of Guns N'Roses is Axl's own name, so ...😉

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Lets be honest.  This is Axl.  this is probably a website they were going to launch in 2006, and just got around to doing it now.  I'm willing to bet 1 or less updates in the next 3 years before the website is removed forever.  

totally realistic

12 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I totally understand the concept of age and declining abilities due to said aging.

What I don't understand is how someone who sounds like a 90 year old woman who's out of breath, singing these classics & still charging $200+ a ticket.

I spent $600 on 2 tickets in 2016. I was fine with that, too. A year later he sounded bad and it's only gotten worse since.

Anyone who listens to the proshots of Paradise City/Sweet Child with Underwood or November Rain from Presley's funeral & thinks that sounds good, I have questions about their hearing abilities.

To be fair, Axl was GRIEVING when he performed November Rain at Lisa Marie Presley's Funeral. Understandably he didn't sound his best. 💡

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, downzy said:

If Axl repaid his debts and isn't contractually to deliver additional albums, he likely retained rights to unreleased material without payment. 

If I had to bet, all of this was renegotiated at some point since the reunion.  It's just a matter of whether any recording during the CD sessions remains the property of UMG if Axl repaid UMG of all recording costs. 

What generally keeps GNR at UMG? If there are any obligations and circumstances that prevent the release of the album, then why not change the label?

8 minutes ago, Karice said:

To be fair, Axl was GRIEVING when he performed November Rain at Lisa Marie Presley's Funeral. Understandably he didn't sound his best. 💡

He must be grieving something every night he performs.

• Haha 3