The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

23 hours ago, allwaystired said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There is no point. It’s garbage. And they let that dude Mojo treat it like another version of his terrible forum.  

23 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

For the fanbase to have “first dibs” to pay full price for tickets. For that opportunity, you pay a membership fee. It’s a virtual shakedown street 

Personal seat licenses for GNR tickets.   Ha! 

Edited by JuicySwoos83
Can't spell no good

On 8/12/2020 at 2:56 AM, betterman said:

OK, so now Fernando is talking about a new Blu Ray release - this was also rumored before christmas last year to kick off into the new year together with a new EP.

I hope this is part of the plan still - this way they can wait with the full album until they are touring again

Lol

2 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Use Your Illusions 1991

Axl came out with a new album in 2008 I think with fake gnr.

17 years.....

So next album coming in 2025

What a joke.  When CD dropped in ‘08, I never thought in my wildest dreams that we’d be waiting a minimum of TWELVE years for another album.  I thought the guy finally got comfortable releasing music.  Nope.

2 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Use Your Illusions 1991

Axl came out with a new album in 2008 I think with fake gnr.

17 years.....

So next album coming in 2025

11 minutes ago, surforia said:

What a joke.  When CD dropped in ‘08, I never thought in my wildest dreams that we’d be waiting a minimum of TWELVE years for another album.  I thought the guy finally got comfortable releasing music.  Nope.

These are the same three guys, though. So, 1987 - 1988 - 1991. 

In my math, that means 2021 (no way anything is coming this year) - 2022 - 2025. Hell yeah, it's absolutely real!  rock4 :D

They’re all pushing 60, the longer they wait to do anything new, the worse Axl will sound, and they’ll just be a bunch of old grandpas up there, trying to play rock star... 

Besides, and who knows, with how much these guys punished their bodies in their youth, any one of them could drop dead anytime as well. You’d think they’d really take advantage and try to work their asses off at getting this together now.

Of course, I could be mistaken about all this, and they release a kick ass new album that shuts me and everyone up. 
But the history of this band tells me we won’t get anything, and management will just keep feeding us lies and excuses, and that nothing ever comes to fruition

• Like 3

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

They’re all pushing 60, the longer they wait to do anything new, the worse Axl will sound, and they’ll just be a bunch of old grandpas up there, trying to play rock star... 

Seriously.. This whole thing reunion was already 10 years too late and 4 /2 years have passed since then.. I haven't been a fan of Axl's music or voice in a very long time... Hard to see them releasing anything good at this point.. Especially with this lineup.... I could care less if they release anything at this point.. I would rather them bust into the vaults and release a set of Blu Rays from the Golden years with multiple live shows and whatever other footage they can scrape up. .. Kind of like KISS did with KISSOLOGY.  Live shows,  Commercials, TV apprearances etc....

• Like 4

As a new fan I have been going through past files to become familiar with the group.  Now if I had to go to a court of law to give my opinion, based on what I have read and current circumstances, as to whether new music was going to be released or not I would have to give a resounding NOT.   Obviously I hope I am wrong but I will be greatly suprised if they do.  

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. This whole thing reunion was already 10 years too late and 4 /2 years have passed since then.. I haven't been a fan of Axl's music or voice in a very long time... Hard to see them releasing anything good at this point.. Especially with this lineup.... I could care less if they release anything at this point.. I would rather them bust into the vaults and release a set of Blu Rays from the Golden years with multiple live shows and whatever other footage they can scrape up. .. Kind of like KISS did with KISSOLOGY.  Live shows,  Commercials, TV apprearances etc....

That would be nice, but...it's the same fucking songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That would be nice, but...it's the same fucking songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!

I agree 100% as much as I love those tunes I'm starting to get tired of hearing them. I'd love something new even though I know it won't be as good as the 90's output I'd still take anything.

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

As a new fan I have been going through past files to become familiar with the group.  Now if I had to go to a court of law to give my opinion, based on what I have read and current circumstances, as to whether new music was going to be released or not I would have to give a resounding NOT.   Obviously I hope I am wrong but I will be greatly suprised if they do.  

You are lucky to be a new fan, those many many years and false starts we’re a killer from like 1999 to 2008, although now seems worse somehow

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

You are lucky to be a new fan, those many many years and false starts we’re a killer from like 1999 to 2008, although now seems worse somehow

yes I can imagine the utter frustration.  I wonder if it seems worse this time as they are getting older and as a consequence running out of time before they retire etc

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

yes I can imagine the utter frustration.  I wonder if it seems worse this time as they are getting older and as a consequence running out of time before they retire etc

I think there's one more album to come... but the timeline on that? Who knows. Could be next year, could be posthumously released! but there's at least one more GNR record.  In most peoples opinions the record is comically late. I maintain interest in the idea of a new album, bu simply not caring😄 

I think the history shows that eventually it will happen, but it will take a lot of time. The only change that someone could point to in recent years to suggest anything coming next year or sooner is the fact that Axl turned a corner with professionalism in terms of playing on time and not acting like a child... the other thing is, on the most recent date he played his voice wasn't completely shit... so! Maybe he was singing in a recording studio during the downtime. There's a lot of maybe's  😄

23 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Just listened to Frank’s interview with Eddie Trunk who asked him about new GNR music.

’Sooner than later’ was the best he could offer.

That will age well over the coming years.

Reminds of fortus who got asked about the status of new music from 2012 to 14.

20 hours ago, jamillos said:

These are the same three guys, though. So, 1987 - 1988 - 1991. 

In my math, that means 2021 (no way anything is coming this year) - 2022 - 2025. Hell yeah, it's absolutely real!  rock4 :D

I dont know why they didnt put an extra 1 or 2 new songs on the greatest hits just to maintain a leve l of interest. The blue ray should have been done last year. To late with this band.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 5:15 PM, Stress Fracture said:

Just listened to Frank’s interview with Eddie Trunk who asked him about new GNR music.

’Sooner than later’ was the best he could offer.

That will age well over the coming years.

I guess the year 2035 is sooner than 2055 so Frank could technically still be right lol