Matt Sorum's Autobiography

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The book has now been released.

The whole part about the reunion (incl. the Duff/Frank stuff, the text from Fernando, etc.) is gone.

Classic stuff you take out because of your newborn baby :facepalm:

On 5/11/2022 at 1:25 AM, Blackstar said:

The book has now been released.

The whole part about the reunion (incl. the Duff/Frank stuff, the text from Fernando, etc.) is gone.

In a way we've all been his proofreaders. 

It's for the best. No one would win anything with the bitter stuff, only people who love gossip magazines.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RochelleRochelle said:

The text from Fernando is still in, he kept in Duff saying Frank can't play, and the part about them still being in egg shells around despite Axl being "ham and jam now"🤣

And your source?? @Blackstar says it's gone.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

The text from Fernando is still in, he kept in Duff saying Frank can't play, and the part about them still being in egg shells around despite Axl being "ham and jam now"🤣

I bought the kindle version and all that is gone. Maybe you just read the leaked book that has been circulating?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

What does "ham and jam now" mean? 

• Haha 1

Ok. Page 287 second paragraph is th Duff quote about Frank. "Well, Axl wants his drummer, ' he said. 'But the guy cant even play the drums. Ive gotta talk to Axl and say i really cant play with this guy'" Page 289 is the text from Fernando, Matt says he was at Alcatraz with Johnny Depp when he got the text.

The "ham and jam" bit is on Page 233. It's the near the end of the chapter about him quitting.  From the context he's referring to Axl smiling and having fun onstage now. " He had this kind of demented power,an aura. I can still see that effect in Slash's body language today whenever they play together. I can tell that Slash and the others are on eggshells around him. He's all ham and jam now,on time and shit. But there's something about him. The only other guy I met with a presence like that was Phil Spector"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RochelleRochelle said:

Ok. Page 287 second paragraph is th Duff quote about Frank. "Well, Axl wants his drummer, ' he said. 'But the guy cant even play the drums. Ive gotta talk to Axl and say i really cant play with this guy'" Page 289 is the text from Fernando, Matt says he was at Alcatraz with Johnny Depp when he got the text.

The "ham and jam" bit is on Page 233. It's the near the end of the chapter about him quitting.  From the context he's referring to Axl smiling and having fun onstage now. " He had this kind of demented power,an aura. I can still see that effect in Slash's body language today whenever they play together. I can tell that Slash and the others are on eggshells around him. He's all ham and jam now,on time and shit. But there's something about him. The only other guy I met with a presence like that was Phil Spector"

Well, that's exactly the same as in the leaked book. And that part had not been changed after the first postponement of the release, as is evident from the Rolling Stone interview he did last year.

Who knows, maybe the physical copies had already been printed and the publisher was not willing to spend money to reprint them, so Matt was able to edit only the e-book version?

Here is the part about the reunion in the kindle version - that's all there is:

matt_b10.jpg

matt_b12.jpg

matt_b11.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The "ham and jam" part - also missing - was originally (in the leaked version) in the chapter about Slash leaving and Matt's last days in the band. That chapter has also been heavily edited in the kindle version (almost all the negative comments about Axl have been taken out and instead Matt has added a bit saying that he now understands that Axl wanted dedicated band mates.

So the people who have already bought and received the hard copy got a different book from those who have bought the e-book.

I see that the hard copy is now "temporarily out of stock" on Amazon. I suppose the next copies available will be the edited "harmless" version :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

:lol:Wow!.Phil Spector to commit a crime.... he isn't make favour to Axl with it comparison...

• Like 1