Matt Sorum's Autobiography

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

Pretty entertaining read. Yeah, the countless stories about groupies and sex got a bit much, but it’s his raw truth and remembrance. Under all the coke, alcohol, etc I would be surprised if he actually did remember all those details. But he comes across very genuine, honest and pretty accountable of most of the situations. 

but among all else, this book humanizes the Gunners more than ever. For better and worse. Duff and Axls panic attacks, slash not being able to record in front of others, and more. I’d recommend this to any GNR fan 

Really? I thought exactly the opposite. I thought he came across abysmally and made himself seem very unlikable. I read the original version though, and he's clearly edited out all the nasty comments about the band members as well as other stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Really? I thought exactly the opposite. I thought he came across abysmally and made himself seem very unlikable. I read the original version though, and he's clearly edited out all the nasty comments about the band members as well as other stuff. 

I read the original, from when he left the Cult to the end. Seems he’s just telling his side of the story, and his true feelings. The raw stuff about slash and duff being passive on everything and enabling Axl. Think everyone’s just use to the tip towing around anything related to Guns. Just makes everyone uncomfortable lol. Slash saying the reunion is just a gig, Duff saying the drummer can’t drum but also not being able to look Matt in the eye and tell him the real truth. I know Matt’s got an ego himself but just sounds like someone actually talking the realities of the GNR camp for once 

Just now, Underhardy said:

I read the original, from when he left the Cult to the end. Seems he’s just telling his side of the story, and his true feelings. The raw stuff about slash and duff being passive on everything and enabling Axl. Think everyone’s just use to the tip towing around anything related to Guns. Just makes everyone uncomfortable lol. Slash saying the reunion is just a gig, Duff saying the drummer can’t drum but also not being able to look Matt in the eye and tell him the real truth. I know Matt’s got an ego himself but just sounds like someone actually talking the realities of the GNR camp for once 

Well, possibly yeah. I suppose I'm not sure how much I believe those bits......

There seemed to be a lot of 'it's everyone's fault but mine' going on. Not too much self-awareness or recognition that maybe he might have been a bit of a dick too! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I agree, he seemed more willing to tell it like it is.

23 hours ago, sackxl said:

Wasn't there a part in the book where Matt said that Slash and Duff didn't like Frank and one of the them tolerates another member (Fortus?)

No, there was nothing about another member. The part about Frank was what supposedly Duff told Matt (Slash wasn't mentioned there).

Edited by Blackstar

On 5/23/2022 at 9:45 PM, Underhardy said:

Haven't read it and probably won't. All I know for certain is Matt was politicking pretty hard for a few years to get himself involved in the reunion, when he didn't get that call he was super pissed off... can you really trust the angle a guy with that mental state is going to be giving? 

To a point I agree, sounds like he just said 'fuck it, I'm done with them so I'll take the gloves off', and on the other end it could also be 'they didn't ask me so I'll throw a spanner in the works' malice. Who knows with that guy. If Gilby wrote a book I'd be pretty confident whatever he said is what he actually remembers and nothing would be in there trying to spin things to make him look more important in any given scenario, I can't say that about Matt based upon what I've read here or the numerous interviews over the years. Although Gilby has said Matts the only one who remembers what really went on so again, who knows!!

On 5/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, Blackstar said:

No, there was nothing about another member. The part about Frank was what supposedly Duff told Matt (Slash wasn't mentioned there).

On 4/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, shotsfired cro said:

OK, my 2 cents on everything, I will repeat mine beacuse people tend to always take sides of some member last 20 years as if it were their family member.

Fortus and Frank comeback.  Poster Moneypenny or whatever says 'Neither Slash nor Duff are too thrilled about F n F duo. One of them is hated by both, the other one is tolerated by one of the 2'.

Edited by sackxl

Sorry I couldn't put text in there for some reason. It wasn't from the book but a post,  I'd love to know more info on that (quote was from page 15)

I have a real hard time believing a legend like Slash would jive with someone like Fortis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sackxl said:

Sorry I couldn't put text in there for some reason. It wasn't from the book but a post,  I'd love to know more info on that (quote was from page 15)

I have a real hard time believing a legend like Slash would jive with someone like Fortis.

Mate, your avatar is quite disturbing. :shock: :lol: :unsure:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Wasn't there rumours years back that Slash wanted 4Tus for his solo band?

If he didn't think he could work well with him, I don't think he'd have been under consideration.

Agreed. That Slash would have an issue with Fortus or his playing seems like a Slash nerdboat fantasy. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Agreed. That Slash would have an issue with Fortus or his playing seems like a Slash nerdboat fantasy. 

I can't even blame the fans who believe that because of all the issues between Slash and Paul Huge in the past.

They still forget that happened 20+ years ago. Slash has matured a lot as an artist and is more open minded now.

11 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

If he didn't think he could work well with him, I don't think he'd have been under consideration.

It wasn't exactly a rumour, it was Fortus himself stating that in a reply to some idiot on social media. And I believe him.

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 12:53 AM, Bansidhe said:

On 5/31/2022 at 12:28 PM, Rayno said:

It wasn't exactly a rumour, it was Fortus himself stating that in a reply to some idiot on social media. And I believe him.

Problem is, the only person who says that it's true is Fortus himself. No one else in SMKC or otherwise has verified it.