NITL live videos on youtube

On 4/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Free Bird said:

I really like Slash's take on this Sorry and of course I prefer him over Buckedhead on guitar, but I have to admit that Buckethead's original solo is even greater and it's one of the view wow-moments on CD for me.

Sorry's solo is definetly one of the highlights of CD 

Wasn't a fan of that Yesterday's.. To me that is one of the songs that this lineup just can't get right... The solo wasn't very good and neither was Axl.. People say he sounds good there? It sounds like Mickey to me.. I know it shouldn't matter but the chair videos kind of turn me off too.  Axl looks like Humpty Dumpty with his big belly sitting on top of his skinny little legs.. Props to him and the band making it work but I don't care to see it. I would rather see him walking around trying to command the stage. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wasn't a fan of that Yesterday's.. To me that is one of the songs that this lineup just can't get right... The solo wasn't very good and neither was Axl.. People say he sounds good there? It sounds like Mickey to me.. I know it shouldn't matter but the chair videos kind of turn me off too.  Axl looks like Humpty Dumpty with his big belly sitting on top of his skinny little legs.. Props to him and the band making it work but I don't care to see it. I would rather see him walking around trying to command the stage. 

At this stage, that's the best we'll get vocally on that song. A clean voice with a bit of grit behind it in parts that was non existent in 2017 and beyond.

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

At this stage, that's the best we'll get vocally on that song. A clean voice with a bit of grit behind it in parts that was non existent in 2017 and beyond.

This, so much this!

It doesn’t get any better than this, guys. I said it the other day, but this is where the bar should be set. An Axl that gives a fuck could pull of performances like this without struggle, if not better. I really dig this version of Yesterdays (The one from 2014 is much better though).

It’s a mix between rasp and clean voice that I can tolerate. 

Slash’s solo though...

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

EzG44CjVcAQJBHu.jpg:large

This is in this thread about the Sailing cover from 2006.

If @Fernando actually gives us a pro-shot / soundboard of that cover I will forgive all his other poor decisions up til that point. That would be fucking incredible.

Yeah that would be pretty fucking cool if he follows through. That version is so cool, and Axl and the band were really cooking!

Side note... can't Fernando have a place on Nightrain or even (god forbid) here where he grants wishes like this? Reddit is a really strange choice considering the concentration of fans on both the official and unofficial forums.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The 2014 versions were better, but as far as NITL goes, that's as good as Yesterdays is gonna get...

Those final residency performances of Yesterdays were fairly smokin' I'd love to see a pro shot of that! if he's willing to upload that sailing vid, then maybe we'll get other CD era live footage and or UYI live footage... which would be the holy grail!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Those final residency performances of Yesterdays were fairly smokin' I'd love to see a pro shot of that! if he's willing to upload that sailing vid, then maybe we'll get other CD era live footage and or UYI live footage... which would be the holy grail!

Pardon my ignorance, but where can I watch the Sailing pro shot? I didn't realize any were officially posted.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Pardon my ignorance, but where can I watch the Sailing pro shot? I didn't realize any were officially posted.

There isn't one, there was a phone clip that I think is still on youtube. Fernando is apparently going to try and upload a pro shot if they have it in the archive. 

Side note, we should also ask him for the CDII album that was ready for release in 2014, while he's in a user friendly mood😄

Edited by Tom2112
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah that would be pretty fucking cool if he follows through. That version is so cool, and Axl and the band were really cooking!

Side note... can't Fernando have a place on Nightrain or even (god forbid) here where he grants wishes like this? Reddit is a really strange choice considering the concentration of fans on both the official and unofficial forums.

It's one of the best performances from one of the best rock n roll singers... but imagine the reaction if they finally upload a 'from the vault' Selects and it's from 2006. :lol:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's one of the best performances from one of the best rock n roll singers... but imagine the reaction if they finally upload a 'from the vault' Selects and it's from 2006. :lol:

I would love it so much more just for the fact it would piss a lot of people off 😄 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The last time I visited Nightrain there was all of four people on it.  It's a ghost town due largely to poor moderation.

Fernando won't come here anymore.   Apparently we committed the ultimate crime of allowing discussion of the leaks a few years ago, something he likened to facilitating the distribution of the leaks themselves.  I told him I don't need his empty and ignorant legal threats and haven't spoken to him since.  This was all in the context of me trying to explain to them that openly defending one of the worst GNR community trolls of all time isn't in their best interest from a PR perspective.  

Keep in mind, people also discussed the leaks on reddit at the time so... yeah...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, downzy said:

The last time I visited Nightrain there was all of four people on it.  It's a ghost town due largely to poor moderation.

Fernando won't come here anymore.   Apparently we committed the ultimate crime of allowing discussion of the leaks a few years ago, something he likened to facilitating the distribution of the leaks themselves.  I told him I don't need his empty and ignorant legal threats and haven't spoken to him since.  This was all in the context of me trying to explain to them that openly defending one of the worst GNR community trolls of all time isn't in their best interest from a PR perspective.  

Keep in mind, people also discussed the leaks on reddit at the time so... yeah...

Wow! I didn't realise you could be labelled enemy of the state for discussing something, but OK🤣 

Not just discussed either, there were links to find it on reddit. That's just a batshit crazy thought process, wonder who he learnt that from😋

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

They nailed it back in the day but fucked it up for the complete NITL tour. I'm with you, I have both, Axl and Slash, heard worse on this song but even this good performance sounds weird.

Besides the amount of covers, that's a song I would drop and play Don't Cry every gig instead.

• Like 3