North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

The pandemic is the absolute best thing that could have happened to the GN'R brand and the awful ticket sales that were happening prior to the start of it. 

These shows will sell themesleves now just based on the fact that live music is back. Perfect scenario for GN'R; automatic ticket sales with the absolute least amount of work possible. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The pandemic is the absolute best thing that could have happened to the GN'R brand and the awful ticket sales that were happening prior to the start of it. 

These shows will sell themesleves now just based on the fact that live music is back. Perfect scenario for GN'R; automatic ticket sales with the absolute least amount of work possible. 

Definitely, but for how long? Once the people see the playlist, Axl's form etc., they'll know better. Casuals will ensure the ticket sales for 2021, but if nothing new/interesting happens, 2022 will be the start of the decline, as people will be preferring shows of bands with more... creative approach. 

30 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Definitely, but for how long? Once the people see the playlist, Axl's form etc., they'll know better. Casuals will ensure the ticket sales for 2021, but if nothing new/interesting happens, 2022 will be the start of the decline, as people will be preferring shows of bands with more... creative approach. 

Nah, GNR will attract people until they retire. These are the last of the great rock bands and once they are gone it’s over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It won't last long, but long enough for them to rake in a bunch more easy money. The insanely poor ticket sales prior to the pandemic showed how little interest there was in GN'R. They'll be getting quite an easy lift out of it, at least for this summer. 

• Like 1

At this stage the Australian shows are doubtful until 2022 too. Our vaccine rollout is not going to plan and it will be hard to tour here with states locking down at any hint of covid. As I type Victoria may be going into lockdown again. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Have sales been poor there too? I'm guessing so if they're already discounting.....

A lot of higher priced sections are sold out, it was more the general admission  and the nosebleeds I think they’re still trying to sell. 

Just now, metallex78 said:

A lot of higher priced sections are sold out, it was more the general admission  and the nosebleeds I think they’re still trying to sell. 

Ah ok. If it's Ticketmaster selling the tickets though they might well be doing their usual trick of pretending those 'better' sections are sold out to encourage people to buy the 'lesser' ones. 

I tried to buy tickets for something last week, and all the good seats were sold out the second the pre-sale went live, and the same again on the general sale.....there is no way they were, so I've just said 'fuck it'  and I'll wait. Ticket buying is a total farce these days, especially when Ticketmaster are involved. I try not to use them really. 

Anyway.......I digress! 

I don't want to do anyone down really, but it does reassure me slightly that all these shows aren't selling. It's probably our best chance of something changing. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s pretty shit these days in that it used to be all tickets were priced the same, and the only way to get the good ones was to line up for hours, even days to get them.

Now it’s just weird random sections all over the place, and you can’t even properly choose exactly where you want, it’s either pay stupid price for up the front, or a lottery draw that you hope gets you something halfway decent. 

• Like 1

Just now, metallex78 said:

Yeah, it’s pretty shit these days in that it used to be all tickets were priced the same, and the only way to get the good ones was to line up for hours, even days to get them.

Now it’s just weird random sections all over the place, and you can’t even properly choose exactly where you want, it’s either pay stupid price for up the front, or a lottery draw that you hope gets you something halfway decent. 

Yep. It's total bullshit. The 'first come first served' notion just doesn't exist! You're regarded as a mug for buying tickets early. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Totally agree. I actually picked up tickets for GNR the other day figuring no real risk. Oddly enough the two tickets I got (next to each other) were two different prices. Seats a few rows back cost MORE. And the same section on the opposite side of the stadium cost substantially more. The variable pricing obviously works in Ticketmaster’s favor for hot tickets but something like this tour I spent 10 minutes searching around the seating chart and saved almost $100 compared to just picking any two seats in a section I was reasonably happy with. 

• Like 1

For the Metlife show there are entire sections that are almost completely unsold. This show cannot actually be happening, especially since the stadium won't even confirm if it's still on. Those two festival dates will probably be the only US shows they do this year. Oh well.

• GNFNR 1

Download Festival 2021 Pilot | Tickets, Line-Up & Info | Ticketmaster UK

DL is holding a pilot test event THIS YEAR 18th TWO or is TOO 20th July lol SOE LOL  with 10,000 people attending at Donny park all info in link above 

Covid: No detectable spread of virus after Liverpool pilot events - BBC News

On some other pilot plots in UK

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, metallex78 said:

Got an email this week offering 20% off ticket prices for GN’Rs upcoming Aussie tour. They’re already doing that, and it’s still 6 months away. 

Sounds like the real fans are waking up... And not willing to shell out for the same recycled crap show. Besides with more cases in victoria an aussie tour is looking less likelier by the day

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Sounds like the real fans are waking up... And not willing to shell out for the same recycled crap show. Besides with more cases in victoria an aussie tour is looking less likelier by the day

New world opens. Even If I miss conserts, Im not willin to pay huge amount of money to see GNR doing nostalgia. We honestly need something new to be interested again.

Here is a short list that even the casuals wants:

1.Slash and Axl playing together CHECK 

2. Slash and Axl together in a new song 

3.Then continue tour CHECK

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 3:20 PM, Original said:

Well sounds like the Minneapolis show is fucked til 2022.  "Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns 'N Roses and Green day concerts will roll over to 2022.  Expect the same for Def Leppard at US Bank Stadium"   https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

Well maybe these "Target Field representatives" were right all along.  The Mpls show is in 50 days and zero talk here in town (no radio commercials/no morning radio show chat pumping it/no ticket contests or giveaways/no print media/total crickets).  And the stadium is about 85% unsold.  

6 minutes ago, Original said:

Well maybe these "Target Field representatives" were right all along.  The Mpls show is in 50 days and zero talk here in town (no radio commercials/no morning radio show chat pumping it/no ticket contests or giveaways/no print media/total crickets).  And the stadium is about 85% unsold.  

It really makes me wonder what would have happened if there was no pandemic. What was their plan?

Now they can just blame the miserable sales on the pandemic.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:15 AM, jamillos said:

I'd guess that the US and Oz/Nz shows will sell, but by the time they hit Europe next year the shine will be off. Look, they'll always sell to the not sop clued in fans so there's a few thousand straight away. Problem fans are people who follow rock music closer, watch a few videos and judge if the band is of quality before spending... anyone doing that is not going to be impressed. The next problem is fans like us who do the former, but also do multiple shows so we've seen the set-list and are so tired of it we're ready to stay home rather than go another time. GNR are dumb as shit if they forego those two sections of their fanbase and plough on business as usual. My bet is business as usual and in about a years time once concerts are back as normal things to do, GNR will be having major difficulties selling an 80000 capacity stadium. We have "no idea what's going on" called the lull in sales 2yrs before it happened, while Fernando and GNR were walking around head in their arse thinking they were always going be the biggest tour no matter what. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stryker said:

It really makes me wonder what would have happened if there was no pandemic. What was their plan?

Now they can just blame the miserable sales on the pandemic.

My guess is they woulda done what the Smashing Pumpkins did for their 2018 “reunion” tour that sold poorly:

Do the tour anyway and pretend like nothing is wrong.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

My guess is they woulda done what the Smashing Pumpkins did for their 2018 “reunion” tour that sold poorly:

Do the tour anyway and pretend like nothing is wrong.

Did it really sell that bad? I remember at the beginning there being a lot of schadenfreude that they weren't selling out, but when the dates got closer and people saw what a great show it was, it did pretty well?