07/01/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

So with the delay, sound problems, short setlist it turned out kinda disappointing.

Has Axl sounded good ? Particularly wondering if raspy SCOM from Dublin was a one-off or it will be recurring feature from now on

Edited by swirkh

10 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Did he wear that terrible union jack hat again? Might be his last chance before Scotland get the fuck out in 2023! :rofl-lol:

It was a sour note of an otherwise fantastic couple of shows in 2017 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, swirkh said:

So with the delay, sound problems, short setlist it turned out kinda disappointing.

Has Axl sounded good ? Particularly wondering if raspy SCOM from Dublin was a one-off or it will be recurring feature from now on

A one-off was...

Short setlist! A bit bummed out. Axl sounded really strong for most of the show. Strange that they left out YCBM.

I blame my seats. They were almost identical to Berlin show. That was the worst show I have been to and this might be the second worst one. Never seats again :D

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Short setlist! A bit bummed out. Axl sounded really strong for most of the show. Strange that they left out YCBM.

I blame my seats. They were almost identical to Berlin show. That was the worst show I have been to and this might be the second worst one. Never seats again :D

Blame the venue I say, huge delay to get in, not even sure Michael Monroe even played at all.

Saying all that I found it incredibly enjoyable overall and am looking forward to tomorrow’s gig when hopefully Spurs get their fucking shit together!

22 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Blame the venue I say, huge delay to get in, not even sure Michael Monroe even played at all.

Saying all that I found it incredibly enjoyable overall and am looking forward to tomorrow’s gig when hopefully Spurs get their fucking shit together!

They've just blown 50 million on Richarlison, they can't afford a sound system!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

Sometimes GnR doesnt nail the sound in stadiums, maybe they dont have their own soundguy like Metallica?

They do he just sucks. The US stadium tour in 2016 didn't sound so great either if you were further back.

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Now, there MUST be a lot of happy fans now, wishing that they have seen a GnR show with all the fluff cut out of it! Leaves a lot of room for a more energized show - short but sweet!

And the people who keep saying they should stop playing YCBM, well you got your wish :lol:

Would've been cooler if Carrie sang some deep cuts too, like if she did a bit of SOYL or Reckless Life.

• Like 2

Loved tonight! I can overlook the sound issues and short set because I have another bite of the cherry tomorrow.

But yeah, overall I had fun! Got to meet up with a friend too – we've been talking about going to a GNR show together for years, had this booked since late 2019 too so glad to finally get it done!

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 3