07/01/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

And the people who keep saying they should stop playing YCBM, well you got your wish :lol:

Would've been cooler if Carrie sang some deep cuts too, like if she did a bit of SOYL or Reckless Life.

Now they need to drop Rocket Queen and Better too... :axl:

If they're gonna bring out a guest for a deep cut it should be Mike Monroe for Bad Obsession. It's nice that Carrie got to perform with Axl again though.

• Like 1

Some thoughts on this, my 7th time seeing GnR:

- Yes, the guitars were strangely absent from the PA mix. At first I thought that it was because of my position in the stadium. Then it turned out that people down the front couldn't hear it too.

Alas, the boasts of this stadium being designes to have good acoustics for love music weren't proven true. Sound swirled all around the arena, and therenwas a distinct slapback reverb from the snare drum from the wall of the back stand.

Even when the guitara were turned up in the mix they sounded muddy. Like a long blur of notes. 

- Axl was really going for it during Absurd and Slither. NR and Hard Skool among others were a bit weak. If it's high pitched vocals he is struggling with, then maybe it is just as well YCBM was cut. 

- And also, maybe it was just as well that Carrie Underwood was there to help him out on PC and SCOM. I had a feeling that there would be a special guest to igjr.

- Loads of energy from the band. Sadly, the sound mix made it hard to tell how well they were playing.

- I noticed lots of people have trouble with the automated turnstiles when I got there. Maybe that was a cause of the delays. Bloody tech-numpties. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Amir said:

tl;dr: They didn't play The Seeker, 10/10.

I will never get the hate for The Seeker. This song has a lot of energy and was one of the highlights since the DJ/BBF/4tus line-up played it. 

• Like 2

Just back, as always I had a great time. 7th time seeing them and I just always have a blast! 

My girlfriend, 1st time seeing them, absolutely loved it, she was blown away by Axl's stage presence, the energy etc + she got a late start and a Axl slight rant to boot 😂 

Got some great pics but not sure how to share?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Since the crowd got their concert cut short and problems getting in it would be nice to reward them with a new song.  Just saying.

Those aren't issues created by the band. The band has no control over issues involving entry to the venue that lead to a shorter show to fit within a curfew time frame. 

Thats an issue for the venue and the promoter to resolve and fix. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Haha 1

how long did it take to  hop on the train after  the concert? 

looks like there will be an absolute mayhem there tomorrow as northumberland park station will be closed.

is there a place to park within walking distance?

I'm usually a bigger critic as far as Axl's voice goes, but I just watched a video of SCOM and that was ... it was really good. It's clean but mixed with good sounding, natural rasp and that's not even hard to notice.

EDIT: But I gotta say, don't know if it was the tech issues but man ... Slash was tough during this song.

Edited by TheGeneral
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SL138 said:

how long did it take to  hop on the train after  the concert? 

looks like there will be an absolute mayhem there tomorrow as northumberland park station will be closed.

is there a place to park within walking distance?

Not there tonight but have been previously and it’s in an awful location, 25 minute walk to seven sisters at least if you’re heading to the city centre. Think there’s an overground a bit closer but not sure which routes you can take from it

What an absolute shitshow that was, couldn't have been any worse from start to finish. Stewards didn't know where to direct people, obviously the delay, and the fact they basically ignored the queueing process to let everyone in at once to scan tickets several times on machines that didn't work either. Cut Monroe and then turn up an hour late and cut your own set to boot. Axl was on fire, but i was passed caring. The day was basically ruined by sheer incompetence. The only highlights were talking with John, Cecil (the single helpful steward), and the bald dude and his wife (whose names i can't remember). 

Don't hold out much hope if you're going tomorrow, thankfully I'm not. I hope that isn't my last GnR show, but you'll never catch me dead in Tottenham again.

4 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Blame the venue I say, huge delay to get in, not even sure Michael Monroe even played at all.

Saying all that I found it incredibly enjoyable overall and am looking forward to tomorrow’s gig when hopefully Spurs get their fucking shit together!

Lads, it’s Tottenham. 

• Haha 3

So Axl sang the `Sweet Love of Mine` Part before the second solo with his natural tone and he couldn`t finish the final `Mine` scream high either so he gave up and ended low, i think in the first case he was trying to do a second voice to harmonize with Carrie. Would be cool if he tried to sing like that more, well, he will not have much of a choice by the end of the decade, i appreciate what we have every day, but he will need to completely change the way he sings if he wants to keep working.

• Like 1