When will they debut Hard Skool?

When will they debut Hard Skool?  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

I think they’ll wait until Axls vocals get a bit stronger. So my guess is not tonight but maybe in 4-5 shows 

Yeah, as eager as I am to hear it, I really want Axl to do it justice, so would rather wait until he feels confident that he can pull it off well. 

37 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't see them debuting 2 new songs 2 nights in a row. Would kind of be like blowing your load too early

Slither and Shadow Of Your Love were planed for 2018. First gig in Berlin had Slither... and the second gig in Odense, Denmark had Slither and Shadow Of Your Love !. :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

I think they’ll wait until Axls vocals get a bit stronger. So my guess is not tonight but maybe in 4-5 shows 

This. I just can't imagine him pulling it off just now (I hope I'm wrong), but going by the bridge in Better and a few other things, it seems unlikely it'll be soon with his higher register being a bit hit or miss.

With how quickly Absurd popped up as a song performance (a very good performance) without even a high-profile rehearsal that we're aware of, Hardskool feels inevitably soon.  The band's got the song locked-in, background video done, only thing missing in the recent rehearsal was Axl.  If the song isn't performed within the next month, I can confidently say it's because they're holding it for promoting a proper studio single.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

After the whole Silkworms deal, everything is off the table. 

I'm no longer expecting Hard School. For all I know, they could bust out Eye On You 

I’d be cool with that 🤣

We are now in an alternative GNR reality where anything is possible 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • GNFNR 1

Maybe this is just the pessimist in me talking, but now I’m starting to get the feeling they won’t play it until the end of the tour. And by that, I mean euro 2022.

that said, if they really do play it tonight, I bet Axl will sing the chorus like this:

”had to be a fool (pause) AND do it your way, had to be a fool (pause) AND throw it all away.”

so that he can take breaths in between lines.

Am I the only one "Underwhelmed" by this song, and pretty much all of those Village Session leaks? 

Enough of updating 20 year old B-Sides and Demos in a vault....Slash and Duff are back in the band, surely along with Axl, they can put together new material worth listening to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Am I the only one "Underwhelmed" by this song, and pretty much all of those Village Session leaks? 

Enough of updating 20 year old B-Sides and Demos in a vault....Slash and Duff are back in the band, surely along with Axl, they can put together new material worth listening to. 

In almost every other circumstance you would be absolutely correct; logic is flawless. However, this is a ship run by W. Axl Rose so logic doesn't apply :lol:

I just realized something:

the setlist for the Hollywood Bowl 2019 show listed the song as “Hard School,” and then the Mexico 2020 setlist was the first to list it as “Hard SKOOL.” So the name change only happened in like late 2019/ early 2020, and the stage graphic for it didn’t exist until probably around that time either.

1 hour ago, papashaun said:

You're not the only one. I think the song is just "okay" and the years of listenong to that short clip built the song up to be something more in my mind.

All the same it'll be nice to hear something new. I think Absurd is terrible but that was genuinely the most excited about the band I've been since 2016.

1 hour ago, papashaun said:

You're not the only one..  Everything I have heard of it has been pretty underwhelming..  Especially for all the hype some people on here give it.  I would rather have them try and make new music together.  If it sucks and they fail then at least they tried.  Better than them rehashing shitty songs that other people wrote.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1