Ultimate Guitar call TWAT #4 most underrated song of the 21st century

• Towelie changed the title to Ultimate Guitar call TWAT #4 most underrated song of the 21st century

I really think even It is not popular, that TWAT Is at the level of Civil War,Patience... or some of the "BEST songs" that people say of GNR. I would only put November Rain,Estranged,Don't Cry,Wttj or Ycbm over TWAT.

I don't want to say it but I think that TWAT Is the last "Top" Song that we are going to hear of Axl.

There’s a great song in there IMO, but I don’t think the final product was as good as it should’ve been. It’s basically a microcosm of CD as a whole for me. I don’t know if it’s the production or what but the first 2:40 drags to me (even though I like the lyrics). Once the guitars really kick in at that point though it is badass. 

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Bucket's ending solo is amazing, but I actually get shivers from Robin's (?) playing in the little repeating bit that is before Bucket's solo, starts at 3:42 and continues all the while until Axl ends singing and Bucket takes over.

It's Robin indeed. So much feeling in his playing, its by far what makes this song shine (I love Buckets solo, but it's a bit of Bucket cliches pasted together). Also Robin uses a great tone on that bit.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Not that I put too much credibility into Ultimate Guitar, but that's a pretty solid list of overlooked gems. Nice to see some love for one of my favourite Maiden tracks, as well as Alice In Chains.

As for There Was A Time? Yes. A monster of a track. Great lyrics, great melodies, and a shining moment on the album for both Robin and Buckethead.

I think it speaks for how amazing Buckethead's solo is when even Slash kept all the main melodies intact for his interpretation (considering how Slash completely changed every other CD solo he plays).

• Like 2