UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

29 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

Things I’m hoping for:

A properly mixed/mastered version of Ain’t Goin’ Down

Alternate mixes of the songs recorded during the Illusions sessions that ended up on the Spaghetti Incident, but with Izzy’s original guitar tracks intact instead of Gilby’s overdubs. I’m not sure which Spaghetti Incident songs were recorded during the Illusions sessions and originally had Izzy playing on them, but I’ve always heard it’s at least a few songs

There were six TSI songs that were originally recorded for UYI. Pretty sure those were Down on the Farm, Hair of the Dog, Attitude, Arms Around a Memory, Aint It Fun and Raw Power.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

That is pretty awesome actually! I have always wondered what that version of RQ sounds like unaltered, with Axl's original vocals as well as the rhythm guitar recording intact

I always knew Axl re-did some vocals in the studio for Live Era, but I didn’t know they replaced Izzy’s guitar tracks. Who did the overdubs?

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There were six TSI songs that were originally recorded for UYI. Pretty sure those were Down on the Farm, Hair of the Dog, Attitude, Arms Around a Memory, Aint It Fun and Raw Power.

Black Leather, New Rose and I Don't Care About You were also recorded during the UYI sessions (besides Ain't It Fun, Attitude and Down On The Farm).

I'm not sure about Raw Power and Hair of the Dog, I think they were recorded later. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory was from the sessions for Duff's solo album (Believe in Me).

Since there were two individual albums that made up Use Your Illusion, what do you think the odds are that the band releases separate box sets for Use Your Illusion I and II?

Price them both around $250 depending what's in them, so then, as it was with the albums themselves, the buyer can choose either the Illusion I box set, or the Illusion II box set. Naturally, most of us would buy both, I know I certainly would.

Bonus if The Spaghetti Incident on vinyl is included.

5 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

Hooray - another 31st anniversary boxset!

Seriously though - I loved the UYI years in all of their twisted, overblown glory. I'd be completely 'in' for a big box set. (Just hope they go easy on the replica merch, yeah?) 

This would still be a 30th anniversary box set.  The album came out Sept 17th 91 so any time before Sept 17th 22 would still be in the 30th year.

I'm hoping the box set is no more than 500 and just includes vinyl, and another cd box set like AFD.  They would look so good together.  Not gonna spend over 500 tho lol

46 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

I always knew Axl re-did some vocals in the studio for Live Era, but I didn’t know they replaced Izzy’s guitar tracks. Who did the overdubs?

Nobody. There is no rhythm guitar on the Live Era version of Rocket Queen.

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Black Leather, New Rose and I Don't Care About You were also recorded during the UYI sessions (besides Ain't It Fun, Attitude and Down On The Farm).

I'm not sure about Raw Power and Hair of the Dog, I think they were recorded later. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory was from the sessions for Duff's solo album (Believe in Me).

I stand corrected then. Thanks.

So it’ll probably be the YCBM video without T2 footage and Yesterdays live video from ‘92 in addition to some other videos.  Probably the Florida videos from ‘91 for New Years Eve and LALD from Wembley.  I’m just not expecting anything “big” in this box set.

4 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Since there were two individual albums that made up Use Your Illusion, what do you think the odds are that the band releases separate box sets for Use Your Illusion I and II?

Price them both around $250 depending what's in them, so then, as it was with the albums themselves, the buyer can choose either the Illusion I box set, or the Illusion II box set. Naturally, most of us would buy both, I know I certainly would.

No they're not going to do that.

• Like 2

LOVE this!

The two shows mentioned by Slash makes me REALLY existed for the box set for two reasons. The Ritz is one of few GN'R shows that are known to be recorded on film. This hopefully means that we might get at least one 90s GN'R show in amazing quality and the '92 Las Vegas show is a show that we don't know much about aside from a few clips that was shown on MTV and on Live Era. This means that we probably will get footage of performances we've never seen or heard before!

It's also safe to assume that this Youtube video was uploaded because they found this performance with Lori while going through shows from the tour. It would probably indicate that they went through a lot of performances since it's reasonable to think that Werchter, Belgium 1993 isn't top of mind when they where thinking of show to put in a UYI box set. The quality of this video is probably an indication of the video quality they'll have on the shows that only exist on video and not film.

As someone that has listened to every single UYI bootleg out there, a box set full of UYI shows (the Metallica black album box set but with GN'R shows instead) would be a dream come through for me! Oh, and throw in the Perfect Crime doc in there as well.

• Like 2

I get excited when it gets confimed that the live shows are in fact full shows on blu-ray and not just a couple of tracks on some vinyl. Im not so keen to listen to those live performances since I have listened tons and tons of bootlegs over the years and I have my favourites. What I am interested in is videos of Guns performing live in the 90s! 

If the Ritz show is film quality = Im buying the boxset!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

$250 for the lot is enough.... 

Back in the day you choose one and bought a blank tape to get a copy of the other.... 

7 hours ago, nevergotochurch said:

Things I’m hoping for:

A properly mixed/mastered version of Ain’t Goin’ Down

Alternate mixes of the songs recorded during the Illusions sessions that ended up on the Spaghetti Incident, but with Izzy’s original guitar tracks intact instead of Gilby’s overdubs. I’m not sure which Spaghetti Incident songs were recorded during the Illusions sessions and originally had Izzy playing on them, but I’ve always heard it’s at least a few songs

From what I remember there was a couple of cover songs they did that was left off the SI album too. Slash also mentioned a alternative mix of illusions which was more stripped down and rock. Would love to hear that. As well as remaster of the albums, the live concerts and of course the perfect crime documentary 

• Like 1

If nothing else I'm hoping that a release of the '92 Vegas show can solve the mystery of where the soundbite on Live Era about "people getting really fucking smashed" is from... I believe it's from Vegas '92 but right now there's no way to know for sure!