What songs should be brought back/dropped during the 2022 tour?

On 5/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, Nice Boy said:

I would love it if they brought back The Garden. It’s one of the few greats on UYI, imo. The only thing is, it doesn’t really translate well to live. Like at Saskatoon 93, it’s cool to hear it, but even with the hq audio it’s a bit iffy.

It would’ve worked better with the Tracy, Roberta etc backing singers doing the ayyyyyyy vocal bits probably. Anyone know if it was played during their time, 92 ?

in a way, Garden is the opposite of DTJ. Garden done in the studio is reall good, but live it’s a bit sketchy. DTJ is great live, some of Slash’s best guitar work like Argentina 92 n 93, but album DTJ is a bit flat, doesn’t express the epic experience of the live UYI performances..

Great comment. I totally feel that now that you point it out. Love me some Garden

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I like the jam in rocket queen, but I think GnR has good musicians and I like to watch them play.  

Jams are fine and can be enjoyable but just not in the middle of a great song. Do it between songs or as an intro or even come up with a medley with a jam section.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 7:50 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Bring back SOYL, he sounded pretty good on that.

Also I actually like the Seeker, another one that he sounded good on.

They played SOYL on the second half of the 2020 tour, and Axl sounded great on it at the Baltimore show.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Maybe Axl is feeling his 2010 self, so we'll get SOD, TWAT, Perfect Crime, Back in Black, and Thunderstruck all in a row with full rasp and a Buckethead guest appearance :awesomeface:

Axls 2010 self would be more like an Ashba guest appearance, but if that means we’ll get the 2010 voice, I’d happily take it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be cool to hear SOD live again, I'm in favour of this.

In terms of covers they should bring back ain't it fun, Since I don't have you, I feel good, motivation...yeah I know it's a Tommy song (and very unlikely) but it was a show highlight for me, and Slash would do a great solo on that type of track!

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

motivation...yeah I know it's a Tommy song (and very unlikely) but it was a show highlight for me, and Slash would do a great solo on that type of track!

I always thought My Generation was Tommy's best solo spot, although that was a year or two before they started playing The Seeker...

14 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

I hope Slash actually puts some effort into the solo for SOD instead of noodling over it 

It's one of THE highlights on CD, I'm interested in what Slash does with it as well. My bet is on mindless noodling though. :/

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:19 AM, Gnrcane said:

Jams are fine and can be enjoyable but just not in the middle of a great song. Do it between songs or as an intro or even come up with a medley with a jam section.

Honestly the Rocket Queen jam is one of my favorite from the shows I caught live lol.  I always loved the Live Era talkbox jam and this GNR's current arrangement is reminiscent of that

• 11 months later...