Have you ever been to a member (or former member) Guns n Roses concert that wasn't GnR

Copper Top with Acca Dacca in 2016. Two juggernauts colliding. Once in a lifetime. Phenomenal.

I should’ve been seeing Tommy play in Glasgow back in 2017, but I was put on a flight to Ibiza. I’ve pre-ordered his upcoming record Wronger and hoping he comes back over here soon.

40 minutes ago, telly said:

I saw Izzy and the Ju Ju Hounds back in 93.  Was a great show from what I recall.  Talked with a couple of the Ju Ju Hounds outside having a smoke before the show.

Always found it curious that Izzy never plays anything GN'R at his shows. Slash, Duff Steven all have. Even Dizzy and Gilby. 

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

What year was that?

I've seen SMKC 4 times, Phoenix 2018, Phoenix, LA, and Vegas 2022. Seen Gilby perform about half a dozen times at NAMM events (3 times he had Teddy ZigZag with him).

I honestly can't remember the year.... I'm 51 now and time flies... but if I remember correctly, it was after a Pelicans(Hornets) game shortly after they moved here...I think that was in 2002. So sometime in that time frame.   I'm wondering if they weren't in town for another show and using that small venue as a warmup. I know some bands play bars for the fans and such.   Without announcing.  I know the team has been here 21 or so years. 

I've seen (and met) both Bumblefoot and Gilby Clarke at solo gigs. Both great guys and among my favourite musician encounters.

Slash and Myles several times.

AXL/DC once.

I regret missing Buckethead in 2018 when he was nearby. The gig totally slipped my mind.

• Like 1

Sadly, I missed Velvet Revolver. My friends went but I was in high school and my mom said no so that was that… bummer. Anyways,

Slash I think five times solo

Duff once with Walking Papers and once at his book thing before the Hall of Fame (Matt and Gilby were there too)

Slash, Duff, Steven, Gilby, Matt at The Hall of Fame performance

Axl with ACDC

Buckethead once

Bumblefoot twice solo, one with Art of Anarchy and one time with Sons of Apollo

Fortus and Dizzy with Dead Daisies 

Steven solo once

DJ at a meet and greet thing once

Met Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, Bumblefoot, DJ, Richard, and Dizzy

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Aw man let’s see:

VR once in 2007

Slash & Myles I think 3 times. Including The Gorge in 2014 where Duff came out to play ISE with them.

Loaded once in 2011.

I also saw Motörhead in 2012 & Duff came out & played guitar on Killed By Death. He just sort of ran onstage, Lemmy didn’t announce it was him til after the song was over so it all was very surreal lol

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 2

Snakepit 1 in Rotterdam in 1995 (opening for Bon Jovi, went specifically for Snakepit)

Slash’s Blues Ball Amsterdam 1997

Snakepit 2 Amsterdam 2000

Adler’s Appetite somewhere in NL 2004

Velvet Revolver in Cologne 2004 and Amsterdam 2008 (last show)

Gilby in a small Dutch place 2006

Loaded in Amsterdam 2009

Walking Papers twice in 2013 (Tilburg / Amsterdam)

AXL/DC in Werchter 2016

SMKC seven times (NL / Germany / Luxembourg / Sweden)

Duff’s Tenderness tour (Amsterdam / Brussels) 2019

• Like 1

Duff with Shooter was an excellent show. Saw them at Thalia Hall.

I saw Slash several times. Two of my favorites were Pabst Theater in 2019 and Concord Music Hall in 2015. Even saw him at Naperville Ribfest for $15 way back in maybe 2013.

Adler a couple times. Most recently last year in St. Charles, IL.

Gilby Clarke at the Double Door in 2014.

Buckethead at The Vic in 2018.

I never saw Velvet Revolver. I wasn’t really into that band and didn’t go to many live shows back then in general.

VR x 14 including a few special shows (one in a parking lot, one in their rehearsal space and one at the whisky)

Slash solo probably 10x or so including his solo album release show at the roxy. (Was also in the taping for his music video the day before that show). 

AXL/DC one time

Adlers Appetite a handful of times including the anniversary show that duff and Izzy played at

Gilby one time a long ass time ago

Buckethead once

Duff with Loaded, Janes Addiction 2x, etc

Camp Freddy quite a few times which always included sorum but slash and duff would show up quite often.

Teddy zig-zag at a bar in Tarzana and slash showed up and jammed at like 1 in the morning.

in addition to their shows I’ve also seen members show up and jam on a song or 2 with other acts a lot including:

Slash with alice cooper, ace frehley, b-real, Joe Perry and a couple others

Duff with MC50

Izzy with Aerosmith

I’m probably forgetting some. Living where I do has made it really easy to see some really cool and unique stuff though.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Buckethead:

-by himself in Los Angeles in 2016

-with Brain and Dan Monti Halloween show in Aneheim in 2017

-twice with "Praxis" in NYC in 2022

Saw Duff guest spot w the Gutter Twins in 2016. Cant remember who headlined, but Josh Homme was there solo (seperately)

Edited by Mendez