Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

On 10/16/2020 at 6:34 AM, LA_0013 said:

No one really wants to hear an ‘Industrial’ record now - whatever that actually means.

The irony is - it would probably sound more dated than an actual hard rock album. All that industrial stuff reminds me of the early 2000s.  

Doing something different these days is more akin to going back to basics in my view 

Ironically it's taken so long for Axl to release CD 2 that the early 2000s has come back into fashion. 

Truly playing the long game.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:39 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I hadnt heard the village leaks, so im keen to know if the instrumentals are short in length  or long. May give us an idea for the next GNR release..

All the best ones were about 4.5-6 mins long (Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Mustache, Dummy, etc)

The longest instrumental was Dummy (rumoured to be Cuban Skies) and it's 6:35

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

All the best ones were about 4.5-6 mins long (Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Mustache, Dummy, etc)

The longest instrumental was Dummy (rumoured to be Cuban Skies) and it's 6:35

Dummy sounds a bit conceptualized like Better, slow tempo to a hard hitting in your face guitar riff. I wonder if Slash touched that song on his sessions with Axl. 

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/1323034311373996/

(Peru 2016) 
To be honest, I’m getting sick of these video snippets. I know it’s weird, but… isn’t this kind of flashy footage published in order to create immediate excitement, excitement about something particular, like an upcoming concert or a DVD? I mean, we’ve seen dozens of videos like this, they show us they clearly have tons of similar footage, but what is it for in the end? Don’t they think that teasing fans can only go so far? What’s the point when, at the end of the day, you aren’t able to release even one goddamn new single, a rehearsal hello, or a DVD from a tour that started 4 years ago etc., unlike basically all of your music colleagues?
Fuck this shit anymore, seriously. It’s only adding to the frustration. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/1323034311373996/

(Peru 2016) 
To be honest, I’m getting sick of these video snippets. I know it’s weird, but… isn’t this kind of flashy footage published in order to create immediate excitement, excitement about something particular, like an upcoming concert or a DVD? I mean, we’ve seen dozens of videos like this, they show us they clearly have tons of similar footage, but what is it for in the end? Don’t they think that teasing fans can only go so far? What’s the point when, at the end of the day, you aren’t able to release even one goddamn new single, a rehearsal hello, or a DVD from a tour that started 4 years ago etc., unlike basically all of your music colleagues?
Fuck this shit anymore, seriously. It’s only adding to the frustration. 

That's the same video they posted 4 years ago when they actually played there. They didn't even bother to make a new one :)

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2

They should make Mel their social media director.

But really what they should do at minimum is run a bot through the forum to learn what we want and what doesnt work. Then have that bot pre-progam months of posts for humans to make the final decision to post or any tweaks.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Any other band this means something new is imminent. For GNR it’s likely just a confirmation that, yes, they hate their fans.

So true :D If any other band, media would make headlines like "Band X hints on something new?". With GNR they don't even bother

• Sad 1

This is most likely referring to the NITL blu-ray that will finally be coming. Remember, Fernando mentioned on reddit a few months ago that one of the pro-shots from the tour will be released this year. With the holidays around the corner, this is probably what we have to “stay ready” for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1