Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

It also goes to show how important it is for musicians to be smart with their money, which most are not. The nature of feast or famine has always been the case with musicians, I know Duff has discussed it a lot. 

True, i always find sad when many musicians need fundraise money to treatements or surgery, at times in they old age too.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Dean said:

I remember around 2011 that the mother of Dizzy's daughter was asking for donations to go towards paying for their daughters further education. The salaries of the band from '02 allegedly got out years ago. I remember Bucket was on something like $40,000 a month - could all have been false though. Tommy was working in a call center before getting the Guns gig. Just goes to show how cut throat it is being a musician that isn't with one of the juggernauts making a comfortable living. There's probably more to it with 4tus selling these guitars, I'm sure he'll be doing alright!

Oh cool, if that is true about Buckethead then that’s pretty damn good money!  I always find it pitiful and rude when musicians ask for donations for their own personal life. Like fuck off, be wise with your money or suck it up like the rest of us 😄

It certainly is cut throat and I remember seeing a music doco on Netflix about hired guns and how the job can be gone all of a sudden, like Pitman for instance. 

4Tus is a smart dude, I’m sure he is wise and mature enough too, so yeah probably just shedding gear he no longer uses.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:45 AM, DownUnderScott said:

Interesting. I’ve always wondered how much Axl pays his staff like Richard. What do you all think? To be on contract with GnR and obviously they would stipulate that GnR is the priority with any side-interests not to conflict with plans, how much for a hired muso to take that gig?

I would have a guess around $100 00 - $150 000 per year with all expenses paid touring.

What do you all reckon?

At least 150k. Maybe 250k tops. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:43 AM, DownUnderScott said:

It certainly is cut throat and I remember seeing a music doco on Netflix about hired guns and how the job can be gone all of a sudden, like Pitman for instance.

Well. When you're a douche, the job can be gone regardless of being a musician or not. He's only got himself to blame. And even non musicians could/would have lost their jobs for that.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 11:55 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I don’t know how to post a FB post here, but Richard is selling a huge number of guitars and amps on something called the Chicago Music Exchange... if I could’ve posted it, it’s a moving truck full of guitars and amps for sale it appears to me... Pretty stark example of the economics of rock n roll. One day you’re a rockstar with 799 guitars, the next you’re in a pawn shop... that’s the way I see it- if anyone knows more about it, please chime in. 

He is selling gear to buy a guitar that probably costs something like 1 million dollars. It's a 58 or 59 Les Paul. Highly collectable. Kirk Hammet did the same to buy his greenie Les Paul when Gary Moore passed away. I don't think Fortus has any issue with money nor salaries, You don't buy a guitar like that unless you have enough assets.

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

This video is very loudly saying “no, Izzy and Steven will not be at these shows despite us using their likeness in the promotional shot last year.” 

Yeah. What they forgot to mention is that only fools would have expected that in the first place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not bashing Richard at all. He’s a phenomenal guitar player and a great guy. But the hair is a little bit too much for me. Not as bad as Duff’s new teeth though..... 

Money makes people do interesting things sometimes. 

Where can I see duff's new teeth? :P

Ha. Richard's pretty cool though. I take this as compensation for that Axl's "mane" which is gone. I mean, someone has to maintain the equilibrium in the band, right? Not counting the chick, Slash's been the only hippie there.  :4tus:

Edit: Oh and Dizzy, always forget Dizzy. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not bashing Richard at all. He’s a phenomenal guitar player and a great guy. But the hair is a little bit too much for me. Not as bad as Duff’s new teeth though..... 

Money makes people do interesting things sometimes. 

17 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Where can I see duff's new teeth? :P

What did Duff do to his teeth?

On 4/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I think he's just trying to sell off a bunch of gear that he doesn't use anymore.

Yeah, and some of it he will probably make something good off his initial investment. It’s a good time to sell. Stuff like 70’s Gibsons, Silverbursts, etc...have done well over the last 20 yrs

He still has a huge collection after this. You can’t keep it forever and it takes up a ton of space. Gotta thin out the herd at times. I’m sure he has new stuff that comes in constantly. Maybe he’s eyeing something big or he can invest it elsewhere. Life happens 

• Like 3

Maybe I’m wanting to look too much into it but I wonder what the thought process was for the tour poster? Medieval/gothic buildings, hands with long nails etc. I did wonder if it was an inkling into prospective art for any new release. Could also be absolutely nothing I suppose.

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Maybe I’m wanting to look too much into it but I wonder what the thought process was for the tour poster? Medieval/gothic buildings, hands with long nails etc. I did wonder if it was an inkling into prospective art for any new release. Could also be absolutely nothing I suppose.

Yeah. Just today I was wondering about that too. Is castles what they associate with Europe? Do they only use that for the european tour or for the whole tour? The thought process (if any) behind this artwork would be interesting to know.

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cause Europe. You know, old castles, history etc. Don't look for anything else in it. Expect kangaroos this fall. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Just today I was wondering about that too. Is castles what they associate with Europe? Do they only use that for the european tour or for the whole tour? The thought process (if any) behind this artwork would be interesting to know.

41 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Cause Europe. You know, old castles, history etc. Don't look for anything else in it. Expect kangaroos this fall. 

I mean - I’m from Scotland and yeah, we have some castles as does parts of Europe.....maybe because I’m here I don’t see the world looking in and how they see us 🤣. Do Americans, Asians etc see Europe and think ‘castles’?!

As I said....I’m probably WANTING to look to much into it just to have something to discuss. 🤣