"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

Just listened to Estranged from Houston 2016. If THAT gig or any around that gig ever get released we will all be happy - every clip is vocally very good and band seem really on it.

Why doesn’t a SBD/IEM of cool gigs like this ever leak....🤬

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 11:32 AM, jackparker123 said:

Does anyone have a high quality image of the 'B-Sides N' EP's' sleeve from the Locked N Loaded boxset?

I'm planning on tidying up the music on my phone over the weekend. At the moment I'm just using the regular Appetite album cover for all 4 discs.

Sure !

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91FekLYJgkL._SL1500_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1B3dWhH6xL._SL1500_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1tkWC4D01L._SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2020-08-14 at 4:35 PM, GNR_RNR said:

I'd struggle to define it so here's one I found 

A hypebeast is defined as someone, usually male, who collects fashion pieces that are “hype” (cool and trendy) in order to impress others.

Ashba Water. Big deal that's not cool human bodies are 75% water we all have it already. We are the water. 

Does anyone what went into the mixing of the UYI albums, I mean between the demos--which a lot of the performances sound the same (see the Garden demo/instrumental)-- to the final mix? I went through and listened to a couple demos on a car ride recently and it seems like the grit and rawness of the performances, a lot of the heaviness, was taken out by Bill Price. Matt's drums sound noticable worse.

The rhythm guitar sections are too quiet, even Slash's, and everything doesn't have the forward, in your face sound that TSI has; weren't all three records recorded at the same time? Just seems funny the punk-covers album sounds the best out of the catalogue 😂

• Like 1

Local radio has been playing YCBM lately and I fucking love it :headbang::headbang:

Whats more, I think I have a fellow poster to thank for it. About 2 or more years back I complained on here that my local station didnt play Guns, and even when tours were announced theyd only play the Jungle intro.

A poster, whom I forget who it was, asked me the station. I remember having the impression they worked in radio programming or something. Not long thereafter my station started plying Guns... a lot!

Thanks to whoever that was :slash::axl92:

On August 26, 2020 at 5:30 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

Does anyone what went into the mixing of the UYI albums, I mean between the demos--which a lot of the performances sound the same (see the Garden demo/instrumental)-- to the final mix? I went through and listened to a couple demos on a car ride recently and it seems like the grit and rawness of the performances, a lot of the heaviness, was taken out by Bill Price. Matt's drums sound noticable worse.

The rhythm guitar sections are too quiet, even Slash's, and everything doesn't have the forward, in your face sound that TSI has; weren't all three records recorded at the same time? Just seems funny the punk-covers album sounds the best out of the catalogue 😂

Yep, the final mixes kinda suck. I kinda have come to love them for what they are - over indulgence and bonkers personalities, summiting the heights of rock and roll decadence.

Agreed about TSI being the best mix over all. UYI could have sounded that good to I guess?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yep, the final mixes kinda suck. I kinda have come to love them for what they are - over indulgence and bonkers personalities, summiting the heights of rock and roll decadence.

Agreed about TSI being the best mix over all. UYI could have sounded that good to I guess?

I think there are a few different mixes out there which may surface on the proposed UYI Deluxe set (Bob Clearmountain ones and probably a few we don’t even know about). It’s not beyond the realms of possibility they include a new mix too I suppose....the band weren’t overly enthusiastic about the final one in the end after all.

• GNFNR 1

On September 1, 2020 at 2:52 PM, DTJ80 said:

I think there are a few different mixes out there which may surface on the proposed UYI Deluxe set (Bob Clearmountain ones and probably a few we don’t even know about). It’s not beyond the realms of possibility they include a new mix too I suppose....the band weren’t overly enthusiastic about the final one in the end after all.

Yes! I would love this! Never thought about how possible it is that theres multiple other mixes. Or at least 2-3 tracks by people trying out for the job.

Are we already aware that Duff cut his hair? It looks like its not dyed - much like his Neurotic Outsiders look.

Edited by soon

A question regarding Appetite For Democracy....what exactly led to this getting released?

Im sure I read it was only released as part of some settlement with previous management or something which is why Axl didn’t really involve himself with interviews etc??

23 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

A question regarding Appetite For Democracy....what exactly led to this getting released?

Im sure I read it was only released as part of some settlement with previous management or something which is why Axl didn’t really involve himself with interviews etc??

I  believe it was part of the deal with the venue as part of the residency, but I may be wrong...

"There was one problem: Ashley Johnson’s singing was too good. After spending time working with vocal coach Melissa Reese — a member of Guns N’ Roses — it was decided she would have to consciously sing worse to achieve a less refined sound."

www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/20/last-us-part-ii-music/

1 hour ago, Popcorn crew said:

I would like to hear them play Back from Cali, Starlight, Gotten , Fall to pieces, even I hold on with Kid Rock, over any cover and even if Duff is singing it would be nice to do some Loaded stuff not some SI songs.

Any variety is good however there are plenty other songs on TSI that should be played (and should have been played ahead of The Seeker etc).....albeit going full rasp on Hair Of The Dog may destroy what vocals he has left!!