"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

23 minutes ago, soon said:

On the current Mitch Lafon pod, Alan Niven starts talking shit about 'fake' live albums, and then Mitch chimes in like 'Umm... Talk to me about Live Like A Suicide??' :lol:

😂😂😂

Wasnt Niven around at the time the canned crowd was added to the Marquee stuff?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Anybody else think if we do get a UYI anniversary release "woke" GnR is going to omit certain songs like Pretty Tied Up, Back Off Bitch, maybe even Get In The Ring?

Maybe back off bitch but pretty tied up I doubt it and get in the ring is immature in hindsight but unless the journalists named had an issue then why would they. 

20 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Anybody else think if we do get a UYI anniversary release "woke" GnR is going to omit certain songs like Pretty Tied Up, Back Off Bitch, maybe even Get In The Ring?

No. They played Pretty Tied Up at soundcheck this year, and released Back Off Bitch on the AFD box. The only song they might omit, assuming The Spaghetti Incident is included in a UYI box, is Look At Your Game, Girl.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

OIAM was and is, going to be an anomaly I think - due to the racial compoment and public controversy it caused when it came out. 

Considering GNR soundchecked Pretty Tied Up during the Mexico City soundcheck this year, haven't used any words in Back of Bitch that they haven't used in songs like It's So Easy, and Get In The Ring basically being a rock diss track of the press and one particular dude, I can't imagine the album being censored or musically any different beyond a remaster

And just to add to my comment above I’m not a fan of remastered and box sets with a few exceptions. I have the albums of GNR as they were intended to be heard and that’s fine with me. I have all the led zeppelin albums and they are from the 1994 remasters but they aren’t remastered to within an inch of their lives. I’ve heard the recent ones and it’s awful. 

lol @ the thought of omitting songs for profanity or something like that. You guys realize the band just reissued AFD which has It's So Easy? Which by the way is their show opener? If they should remove any song it should be My World, then one can listen to UYI II all the way through and not end on an awful note.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishgunnerII said:

And just to add to my comment above I’m not a fan of remastered and box sets with a few exceptions. I have the albums of GNR as they were intended to be heard and that’s fine with me. I have all the led zeppelin albums and they are from the 1994 remasters but they aren’t remastered to within an inch of their lives. I’ve heard the recent ones and it’s awful. 

I'm quite curious if they will do anything to the drum sound if they remaster UYI. That's something Axl said he's not a fan of, in the past.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I was thinking this a lot. I hope NOT!!! OIAM was censored from the AFD Box... just for the N word. 

Sex, violence and the shockin truth dont have to through the same censorship. Is meaningless. Go to the new age section.

One in a Million was never a part of AFD so not adding it to the AFD box set was an easy call.

Taking tracks off UYI is a different matter. The full albums are still available on Spotify so removing material from deluxe editions of them wouldn’t really serve any purpose. It’s So Easy is as problematic as any of the ones mentioned.

Edited by Stress Fracture

18 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

One in a Million was never a part of AFD so not adding it to the AFD box set was an easy call.

Taking tracks off UYI is a different matter. The full albums are still available on Spotify so removing material from deluxe editions of them wouldn’t really serve any purpose. It’s So Easy is as problematic as any of the ones mentioned.

They included all of Lies though, so they didn't just not add OIAM off, they singled it out to not be included

On 9/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, DTJ80 said:

A question regarding Appetite For Democracy....what exactly led to this getting released?

Im sure I read it was only released as part of some settlement with previous management or something which is why Axl didn’t really involve himself with interviews etc??

The release of AFDemocracy was part of the Azoff settlement. 

On 9/23/2020 at 4:40 PM, Blackstar said:

I hadn't listened to this little gem from the 80s in ages and I hadn't realised that it sounds a little like Paradise City until I saw it mentioned somewhere. From 0:24:

It was probably coincidental, although the Felt song was released in 1985. 

It's undeniable, very cool find. I've never heard this song before which is weird because I really like that 80s Bauhaus type thing.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, Blackstar said:

I hadn't listened to this little gem from the 80s in ages and I hadn't realised that it sounds a little like Paradise City until I saw it mentioned somewhere. From 0:24:

It was probably coincidental, although the Felt song was released in 1985. 

It is indeed similar. I liked the song, my Spotify is full of songs like this. GNR is the odd ball there lol

• Like 1