NITL live videos on youtube

There are a bunch of small things that slip through the cracks when you hire your ex-wife from 1993's Nanny and her family to be your band management, things like knowledge and know how and connections and ways to get these things mixed incredibly well that would do Axl and the band nothing but favors. I really enjoyed these as a fan, but I can't help but see how much was left on the table by not really getting these mixes worked on and making it sound like a legitimate release rather than audio ripped straight from the mixing board.

• Like 1

I’d love to know what’s going on in Fernandos head.. why not chose some of the usually weak sounding songs from shows that were overall stronger? And then chose songs like ISE, Brownstone, CD, DTJ, Seeker from the 2018/19 shows

It’s really like he wants to scare EVERYBODY off GNR, the hardcore fans (of course), but now also the casual fans with his poor performance choices for the NITL selects 

Edited by SAU3R

That Paradise City is a total car crash

It’s far too fast 

It has no power, anger or aggression whatsoever 

Axl sounds horrific 

Slash’s solo at the end is horrendous. 

They should go back to something like the UYI era version.  I think Axl can still sound good on a slowed down, more raw version. 

That version however, is painful to listen to unfortunately.   When you’ve seen some of the great versions of PC from the past it is just embarrassing what they are churning out these days and that’s not just Axl.  

I happened to watch the whole thing as it premiered. What a total shitshow.. not doing the bands image well. I wonder what someone who hasnt seen Guns live and watches this thinks. Maybe something like "wow this is bad"?

Why on earth they choose to show pro-shot from a 2019 festival show in which Axl happens to be sick? Why not something killer like Detroit 2016?

Axls vocals were very weak, Slash didnt nail Paradise Citys outro solo and they kept hiding Axl.. so obvious.

I was ashamed to watch this with my girlfriend. Im a long time Gunner and a big fan and this makes me sad. I cannot hype these videos to anyone. I would like to share something like Saskatoon 93 live with my friends but apparently they ban all those videos.

Well happy new year everyone and lets hope next year will be better!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, avahland said:

Anybody knows what selects have been streamed untill now ?
I think they have done 20 now or so.

There used to be a schedule somewhere with all the songs we had and the missing ones but I can't find it anymore.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yawn

Why can't they select better performances of these songs, instead of random shows? Like for the seeker I would rather see a 2016 or 2017 performance.

Yup - it’s baffling they have spent so much time on 2018/19 gigs when the 2016/17 stuff is MILES better. Totally bizarre.

• Like 1

Black hole sun sounded much better than the download performance. The actual gnr songs were average (SOYL) to poor (Paradise city). 

Why not do a proper selects and mix and match good performances? This stinks of 'put your hand in the hat and see what comes out' I think they had a group of songs they wanted to include this show had them all and so it was chosen. It's not terrible, but why on earth would they pick a show that Axl was sick and having vocal issues???🤔 that's like Metallica releasing live in Copenhagen 2017 where Hetfield voice is blown... they wouldn't though  because Metallica's quality control is excellent, and the performances while professionally mixed, still sound raw and relatively untouched which seems to be what GnR like.

Gnr... if you're listening, I have the next month free, send me the files I'll pick out a good show and mix it too, free of charge😄

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Just started the selects. First line sounds like a shy out of tune 10 year girl. ffs. What on earth are they thinking. Do you think they're hoping Axl hears this and says 'Shit..... is that what I sound like. Oh no' 

Have we been underestimating Tb all this time? They're trying to publicly shame Axl into getting into vocal shape? 

I doubt it too

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - it’s baffling they have spent so much time on 2018/19 gigs when the 2016/17 stuff is MILES better. Totally bizarre.

I'm not convinced that's true. How did Axl sound any better in 16/17? He has sounded the same the entire time, which is not good, except on certain songs which no matter what year, he always sounds good on (Seeker, ISE, Nightrain to name a couple). And then no matter what year, always sounds shit on (SCOM, PC, RQ, YCBM).

How many recordings from 2016/17 could you name that sound miles better than the last 2 years?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm not convinced that's true. How did Axl sound any better in 16/17? He has sounded the same the entire time, which is not good, except on certain songs which no matter what year, he always sounds good on (Seeker, ISE, Nightrain to name a couple). And then no matter what year, always sounds shit on (SCOM, PC, RQ)

Based on bootlegs etc I’d say 2016/mid 17 was good. The sweet spot is summer 2016 as the Houston Selects backs up. RQ is my go-to song to see how the vocal performance is going to be for a gig and the RQs of July/August of 2016 were excellent - IMO anyway!

• Like 1

This wasn't too bad. That Live N Let Die performance wasn't great, but it's the kind of a song that's never absolutely terrible either. There's always those badass screams at least.

SOYL is always good and this was no exception. It may not have been the best SOYL performance ever, but his voice was pretty good and he nailed the timing, so what more can you ask.

I honestly thought that the BHL performace was one of their best performaces of that song ever. I have very little to complain about that performance

That KOHD performace was pretty basic. No much to complain about it. Not much to praise about it either.

Paradise City was pretty bad. Probably a lot better than most performaces of that song from 2019. But they really should have picked a 2016 version of that song instead.

It really wasn't that bad, but it's weird that they don't post more videos from 2016.

anything u can think of is management trying to sink the band in the ocean. THERE IS NO OTHER F*CKNIG EXPLINATION. 
The people who chooses this videos either r deaft and blind or dont know crap bout guns n roses. U have amazing performances from 16/17. Powerfull ones, and u pick a show where Axl is Sick? they choose the worst of him, why? why show him like that to the world? When we all know he has A LOT MORE cause we saw it on videos or live. Argentina 16 and 17, i was there KILLER NIGHTS THE 3 OF THEM. Cmon man ! it pisses me off so much cause i fucking love this band for more than 15 years, Axl is the reason im into singing, and see they treat this band like this, hurts and is such a bunch of crap. Im not even angry bout no new music, cause thats GnR world and i know it. But this? not even able to show a good freaking video? no audio editing. Grab Fucking Tokyo or Live era and make the band sound like that on studio man ! fix the sound ! Do something ! 
God damn. Yes i just finished watching and im letting it all out. got a lot more but well.. maybe in 6 months when "the shits.. i mean the hits.. keep on coming" 

• Like 1