NITL live videos on youtube

3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I'm as u. love his part of guitare. fresh in this old band.

happy about this captation only for Shadow of your love but so strange a live without the people crying !!!! I think this is the first time for me !!!

His an amazing guitarist, also an amazing dude.

So underrated..

They 're so lucky to have him.

As expected, it was, mostly from a vocal standpoint, pretty bad. Mixing was supbar, as usual.

Still, I loved Richard's licks during KOHD. I never took the time to listen to it as singalongs are only interesting when you're actually there, but I don't really get the overplaying criticism at least for this performance. Some nice, tasty runs, outclassing Slash to be honest - who looks bored as hell, but I guess we can see why.

Slash's noodling during PC was awful as well.

3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Axl is dress like he is sick, don't it ?

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

It was freezing cold that night. I think the scarf was just to keep his throat warm. 

Some folk on here have said he was actually ill at that gig....which makes it utterly bizarre they would showcase it. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Did they not have any selects from 2016/2017 when Axl and the band still sounded ok?

These 2018/2019 shows are horrible

Well - we hey played stuff from Houston/Mexico 2016 so they have more to show from those gigs at least.

I actually thought SOYL sounded really pretty good. The others.....not so much!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, EvH said:

He really is. Too bad it looks like we won't hear him on new music :(

I used to think Richard was an incredible lead player, but in the last few years he sounds a bit too rehearsed playing kinda boring "shred" licks. I like his rhythm playing, but I'd happily not hear his solo in KOHD, and I'm not a fan of his solo on Black hole sun which doesn't capture the feel or intensity of the original, which he's definitely trying to do, Kims original solo sounds unhinged, Richards sounds like he's studied the chord changes and rehearsed exactly what to play, it's far to clean and precise! I'm not against being tight as gets with a part, but some songs benefit from a little looseness. 

I have heard him play some beautiful lead stuff though, I'm specifically talking about the 2016-2020 lead style he's developed. 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Well - we hey played stuff from Houston/Mexico 2016 so they have more to show from those gigs at least.

I actually thought SOYL sounded really pretty good. The others.....not so much!

Agree SOYL is actually quite good in terms of vocals (albeit too fast), BHS is better than some 2017/18 renditions. LnLD is awful (at least vocals)

I haven't seen most of the feedback on here from Exit 111 but I assume y'all thought it was as poor as I did.

These selects have been a nice bonus but this one should just close them out. The only ones worth a damn after all this are the 2016 one for the performance and the download 18 one for the superior mixing and camera work.

Lastly, I just don't understand some of the choices here. Surely the advantage to picking select tunes from different gigs is to pick the best performances. This scattershot approach has led to some dodgy performances being released, so if you ain't gonna pick the best bits why not just release one full gig?

Honestly, this management.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Watch reading festival welcome to the jungle, with a pro shot you can hear just how gassed he was singing those songs. He was definitely struggling which likely explains 2011.

1 show? the vast majority of the 2010 shows featured great vocals from Axl. 2010 was much better compared to later years when Gn'R was on tour vocally speaking is what I'm saying. Much better.

Edited by Rovim

On 12/31/2020 at 2:06 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sorry I meant '16-'20 only, I think people are viewing 2016 through rose colored glasses, there's not much difference in Axls vocals to me since this whole thing started, he didn't get worse, he didn't get better. I mean what 2016 show apart from Houston can you say is much better than any 17-20? 1 better night doesn't make the other 3 years suddenly way worse. If you go back and listen to Vegas it's plagued by the same things as always.

In the case of Better I would argue that actually got better from 2017 onwards because Axl figured out how to sing the chorus in his low voice, which is really much better sounding than the cringworthy falsetto.

From Detroit to San Diego 2016 Axl heaps better then any show in 2018-19. All went down hill when he came back from ACDC.

Check out the videos from 10/27/16 - Lima, PE - Estadio Monumental 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

if you ain't gonna pick the best bits why not just release one full gig?

Right? Like Dodger stadium, that would make all of us happy. Maybe throw in a couple other songs that were added later.

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

That info is NOT from the Lebeis camp.

Has the label said anything more about the boxset?

3 hours ago, troccoli said:

That info is NOT from the Lebeis camp.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Has the label said anything more about the boxset?

I'd like to know too. Can't imagine any such conversation between a fan and a label should be a secret. 

What exactly did they say - can you post it here? 

Edited by jamillos

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Shadow Of Your Love was the only bearable song on that video. 

Black Hole Sun sounds worse with every play and it’s starting to look like a parody rather than a tribute.

Yeah, Shadow was alright, everything else sounds shit. :/

Fortus' playing sounds way more interresting and alive than Slash's, unfortunatly.

Ive taken some time to listen to the 111 festival selects, and nothing positive to say.

The LA 2017 shows should have been the last,and new album planning beginning of 2018.  That would have saved them doing the EU 18 shows which were never consistantly good. 

The 111 festival show i think is onpar with the worst of the EU 18 shows. Why fernando wanted to upload this particular show, instead of any of the 16/early 17 shows, other than to antagonise ill never know. 

Uploading this show, shows the band members have no idea or zero care factor about these being uploaded, and these shows are representing the GNR name/brand. 🤭.

• Like 1