08/11/21 - Fargo, ND - FargoDome

alfierose

4 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I just heard a clip of nightrain, he does sound like he’s getting stronger. So hopefully it’s just as always, it takes a few shows to get warmed up. However, I wish he would’ve did that on his time, and could’ve sounded great at Hershey. 

That's always the trade-off isn't it? He sounds better now but he could've sounded better before too.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Setlist

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Double Talkin' Jive
Welcome To The Jungle
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
You're Crazy
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog
ABSUЯD
Civil War
Slash Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Wichita Lineman
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, k12 said:

just mind boggling to me why they play so many covers, so many actual GNR songs fans would love to hear instead,

I don't mind the Seeker and they do a good job on WL, just wish they would make DH, PTU, TAY staples of the set. Shorten KOHD and you can fit all of them in there. And then rotate some of those other alts.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Agreed.  Especially when there are some great UYI songs that are easier (relatively) to sing.

You Ain't The First
Bad Obsession
Don't Cry
So Fine (instead of a Stooges cover)

Or even covers that people associate with GNR like Down on the Farm, Since I Don't Have You, or even Sympathy for the Devil.

I wish they had a little more faith in their own classic material.  

Yeah those are good choices too. I don't see why they can't do both Patience and Don't Cry.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

The stage looks a little smaller than the outdoor shows.

Fargodome isn't the largest venue in the world by a long shot. Wouldn't be surprised they can't fit a stadium sized stage in there. Only been in there once but got a very "small scale college arena" vibe from it. 

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't mind the Seeker and they do a good job on WL, just wish they would make DH, PTU, TAY staples of the set. Shorten KOHD and you can fit all of them in there. And then rotate some of those other alts.

Yeah those are good choices too. I don't see why they can't do both Patience and Don't Cry.

Yeah they are all really into it when they play the seeker. And WL is a great moment for Axl to really belt it out. Honestly that song has stole the show for me just about every time I’ve seen them play it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Fargodome isn't the largest venue in the world by a long shot. Wouldn't be surprised they can't fit a stadium sized stage in there. Only been in there once but got a very "small scale college arena" vibe from it. 

A football field fits. Height might be an issue. I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Agreed.  Especially when there are some great UYI songs that are easier (relatively) to sing.

You Ain't The First
Bad Obsession
Don't Cry
So Fine (instead of a Stooges cover)

Or even covers that people associate with GNR like Down on the Farm, Since I Don't Have You, or even Sympathy for the Devil.

I wish they had a little more faith in their own classic material.  

Bad Obsession especially seems like a good song where he can relax a bit vocally in addition to being a real solid song. Sympathy for the Devil would be amazing to see. Historically it highlights 94 when they still had some videos on rotation and before everything came to a halt.It would be so strange since the recording of it is what caused the major breakdown between Axl/Slash.

Does Axl reference Absurd as being performed before at all or does he think people forget 2001 happened? The way he introduced it is classic Axl. I don't mind Absurd as long as its rotated out eventually. I feel like it'll get really old if they're still performing it in 2022.

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

Does Axl reference Absurd as being performed before at all or does he think people forget 2001 happened? The way he introduced it is classic Axl. I don't mind Absurd as long as its rotated out eventually. I feel like it'll get really old if they're still performing it in 2022.

He said something along the lines of "some of you might know this one by a different name" the first time they played it.

Also it's their first new single in over 10 years. They ain't dropping it anytime soon.  

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

I’d bet they keep going. Too much money to be lost to cancel them now and a lot of the gigs are outside. Some of the acts mentioned in that article probably weren’t selling that many tickets (and don’t get huge upfront money like GNR) or they’re only temporarily shutting shows down because someone in their group/crew tested positive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

When was the last time Axl said "This is a new song" ?. 2006? 2001? 

It's damn unreal why Absurrd and not Hard Skool 

Because it'd sound like a bag of shite vocally at the moment. We all know the professional thing would be to get in shape well ahead of the shows starting but that isn't happening. Ideally in a few weeks it'll get whipped out.

• Like 1