Lars Ulrich remembers the 92 tour with GNR

Super short video.

That was a "suckin dick" question... Metallica n GnR was on the same level on that years and of course someone had to play first. And u know.... nobody wants to play after GnR if they went on stage around midnight.

Motorhead FNM Metallica n GnR deserves some release of that tour. 1 bluray for motorhead/NFM, 1 bluray Metallica and 1 for GNR. In a nice boxset. 200 bucks. Take my money. 

Edited by axlvai
  • Like 1

honestly from the kind of music GNR plays,  GNR should've opened. I was never there, but the thought of going from heavy metal to hard rock seems like itd lose moment (though after 2 hours eaiting between sets for Axl to get his ass on stage, i guess youd be happy he got thrre at all at that point)

• Like 1

That tour to me will always be remembered for the carry on in Montreal that night where a very unfortunate accident from a miscommunication that James Hetfield thankfully recovered from which didn’t help things and then of course Axl could’ve helped the situation of what was a restless crowd but that’s not Axl’s style or wasn’t anyway. Now the people of Montreal trashed parts of their own city with no help from either Metallica or GNR so that’s on them but at times Axl was his own worst enemy. 

What kind of biased dick questions on Stern's part trying to start some shit. Luckily Lars didn't go for it. Evn on a co-headline tour, someone has to go on first. So to call it opening up is ridiculous. As for Stern's attempt to make it seem outragous for Metallica to go one first, at the time and world wide GNR was the slightly bigger band.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, EricA said:

it's really nice to see, that Lars hasn't a bad word to say, even if the whole "best friends" and "love each other" talk is a bit over the top imo

Thing is, Lars never had a bad word to say. He’s always spoken very highly of GN’R and Axl in particular. It was the other members of Metallica that didn’t like him. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

If only Lars could remember how to play the drums...

This seems to be the popular opinion, but Lars, though not the innovative player he once was in the 80’s, he’s hardly a slouch behind the kit.
That title should go to Frank for how many GN’R songs he fucks up at each show :thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

This would have been my ultimate concert. Wish I would have been old enough!

Imagine, in a 4-5 yr period, you could have seen GNR with Aerosmith and Metallica!  What a time for rock music

Right but seeing Axl singing with AC/DC was also a masterpiece of my life ;)

who could imagine that ??? Shame they didn't sale a dvd

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Went to two shows on that tour and as a previous poster said Metallica going on first kind of took the wind out the sails in terms of energy in the Guns set.Both played good sets and they were fun shows but Metallica is an extremely difficult act to follow.First time I seen them they opened for Ozzy and it was a hour set and energy was incredible when Ozzy came on it wasn’t quite the same as well.Couple that with Metallica played a full set and a very lengthy intermission between the 2 sets (Guns stage set was huge ) and Guns really didn’t have a chance to stack up with Metallica in terms of energy,fan enthusiasm 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

22 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I actually didn't realize Mortorhead opened some shows, I though Faith No More opened them all. Either way, holy shit what a lineup.

This happened when the tour got rescheduled because of Hetfield accident and Axls soar throat. Those make up dates FNM already had another tour booked so Motorhead (and I think Body count?) opened those dates.

10 hours ago, gt72 said:

Went to two shows on that tour and as a previous poster said Metallica going on first kind of took the wind out the sails in terms of energy in the Guns set.Both played good sets and they were fun shows but Metallica is an extremely difficult act to follow.First time I seen them they opened for Ozzy and it was a hour set and energy was incredible when Ozzy came on it wasn’t quite the same as well.Couple that with Metallica played a full set and a very lengthy intermission between the 2 sets (Guns stage set was huge ) and Guns really didn’t have a chance to stack up with Metallica in terms of energy,fan enthusiasm 

I’d love to see these two bands tour one last time. 

I saw the Minneapolis show. Big deal was made of all the Metallica fans leaving after their set...the thing is if Guns had opened a huge chunk of crowd woulda bailed after them.  Only reason I (a lot of people) went to the Metallica portion was to pre game and get ready for Guns.  *That was last time I saw GnR as we knew them.  ***Yes I’ve seen Axl & friends a few times as well as NITL a few shows.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Original said:

I saw the Minneapolis show. Big deal was made of all the Metallica fans leaving after their set...the thing is if Guns had opened a huge chunk of crowd woulda bailed after them.  Only reason I (a lot of people) went to the Metallica portion was to pre game and get ready for Guns.  *That was last time I saw GnR as we knew them.  ***Yes I’ve seen Axl & friends a few times as well as NITL a few shows.   

NITL is the same as UYI. Of course the band were younger and it’s classic Axl, but it’s still just the big 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

NITL is the same as UYI. Of course the band were younger and it’s classic Axl, but it’s still just the big 3.

Funny, during the old illusion lineup prior to izzy leaving the big3 to me was izzy, ax l and slash. Duff was never in the same league as the other 3. When izzy left i viewed it as just the big2, the only 2 that mattered then and now. Axl and slash.

Duff i still dont rate highly, just more financially cunning since being sober.

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Since large tours may not resume til 2022 ,they may as well do it again for the 30th Anniversary of the tour. 

It would have been good to see something official from GNR and post a video from this time period.

• Like 1