Did Covid-19 kill GNR?

Did the pandemic destroy the band? Big things were apparently in the works for this year, potentially new music, maybe a few deep cuts played at the very least. All the dates were cancelled and I imagine the rescheduled ones will. A return to normalcy for the music industry is 2022 earliest experts say. Axl will be 60 by the time all this ends. Is this the final straw for an already nearing creatively bankrupt band? Will we see them again after all this? Will this be used as an excuse for the lack of music for the rest of the bands lifetime if they come back?

• Like 1

All it did was put a temporary halt to a tour that was 4/5 years in and which will start again as soon as it can. 

What Covid did do though perhaps is open up most fans eyes to some things as other bands looked at new ways to operate and GNR didn't. It also highlighted to an increasingly large number of people that there most likely is no new material on the horizon. 

Soon as possible though the touring will be back on. I have no doubt about that at all. 

• Like 2

It may kill the band in that will the guaranteed money they draw in the future still be worth it to those 3? Especially in a crowded live music space when things return. 

Everyone will be touring. The market will be flooded. $ will be more scarce from promoters and fans 

I think a lot of bands have a lot of setbacks this year. Many of the bands have taken the time to record new albums, but GNR doesn't seem interested in doing that, so who knows?

I doubt next year will be good for huge stadium concerts either. How can we distance? I have tickets for Motley Crue and KISS but if things are the same I won't be going to either of them. I have already paid those credit card bills, so I won't stress over the money. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I don't want to have to worry for two weeks if I caught the virus by seeing a band. Especially if people are drinking and eating. How can you wear a mask?

Honestly, if GNR doesn't make anymore music who cares? GNR doesn't have a new Dallas date for next year, so I may not get to see them in concert ever again at this point.

There is zero chance they don't tour after this. The amount of money to be made with millions of people clamoring for live music and normalcy ensures they will tour. If anything, the pandemic kills an album but not the band. They have even less incentive to put music out when they can launch another massive post pandemic tour 

I’m not sure what will end first, the USA or the pandemic.:shrugs:

But yeah, those of us outside of Murica will see them again. Axl clearly doesn’t give a fuck how he sounds. He will take our money to speak the lyrics as frank fucks up the beat, without hesitation.

Nope.  Just another excuse for lack of motivation.  It has delayed concerts, but every other band who WANTS to release new music is doing it with ease.  New Chili Peppers on the way to now. They could have EASILY released one new song.   At this point its simple, you either want to, or dont.  

• Like 1