Hard School

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The bridge is different. Sounds more “demented.” And slash added a little mini solo in between where the first chorus ends and the second verse begins.

6 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The midsection with the solo is changed. The intro isn't on the vid. 

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The middle part is different, I like what they've done with the song.

Cheers guys 👍

Properly looking forward to tomorrow now :headbang:

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

You mean the crescendo? It seems like Slash used some fast hammer-on/pull-offs and maybe there are some keys (or Richard playing along) on top of it. 

Slash's version gives me that "a day in the life" build up into Paul McCartney's part. It's more chaotic I would say. 

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Confused 1

Would have hoped it'd have been completely re done, it's basically the same song. Maybe Axl sings something new in the bridge?

I like HS but always thought it needed more stuff. We will see

Beggers can't be choosers I guess! This would still technically be the first new GNR song played since the CD songs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Would have hoped it'd have been completely re done, it's basically the same song. Maybe Axl sings something new in the bridge?

I like HS but always thought it needed more stuff. We will see

Beggers can't be choosers I guess! This would still technically be the first new GNR song played since the CD songs

Like I said it before, this is just basically another CD song that is just being played by Slash. Unlike an all new written song, this one has no mystique to it because we've heard it all before. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

The basic song structure is still there. But it has definitely has been changed quite a bit

I would be dissapointed if they would completely change the song tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Like I said it before, this is just basically another CD song that is just being played by Slash. Unlike an all new written song, this one has no mystique to it because we've heard it all before. 

Party pooper...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gonzalo palmese said:

Better n Hardschool were both made by the same people

I don't think Hard School  was. I think it was a song that originated from the 94-96 session.  You have Duff mentioning this song  as Jackie Chan in 1997.  Also, the song structure is classic GNR.  I've previously said this. 

Robin  helped to create Better. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Wow 1

Regardless guys this is our first time hearing it live, hearing it OFFICIALLY and with Slash and Duff. I know yall are keen to say the band isnt exciting and we never get anythimg but guys this is big big news!!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Ralphelmo said:

If they play it live, they should release it as a single aswell.

You know this band. They needed eight years to release Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams and Madagascar since the first live performances.