34 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Down on the farm is a great song that they should pull out the bag, at least he could sing it 

I agree. When Axl put in the set at the LA shows in 2006, it was a lot of fun to see live. It wasn't a slight on Down on the Farm which him singing like that made sense to sort of pay homage to the original. It makes no sense to sing silkworms like that.

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Of course Silkworms is the least ridiculous Axl has sounded so far in 2021. It just goes to show what could have been if he put in some effort and released some songs he can actually sing today. I liked his voice and performance, and the rest of the band seemed happy to be doing something new. I kinda wanted a close up of Melissa’s face, though. At least there’s no excuse not to do Pretty Tied Up Now.

It was never a particularly good song and now it’s a 21 year old song with the same verse done three times and it’s a cringe verse to listen to once but it was fun. It’s not like they’re going to put it on an album.

They could have gone the whole hog and put It Tastes Good in the middle 8. And you know it.

They should totally bring back it tastes good (the longer version from 1988). The casuals will think it's another new song.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I wouldn't be surpised if they rework One In A million in some way. After Absurd anything can happen

I would love to hear that.

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This is weird. Heard some of it but to me it doesn't sound like a Guns song? Not sure I like it.

Maybe if they play it live in Dallas I will see, but right now, not really feeling it.

Maybe GNR should just stick with the classics.

It doesn't sound like Guns because it is just a leftover CD era song.. And not a very good one... So perplexing that after 5 1/2 years all they can do is dig up some old throw away that they didn't even write together instead of writing one damn song.. 

• Like 1

I'm fucking psyched. This song is heavy, interesting, and crazy. It's what I loved about GNR from '99 - '09. 

This is only a great sign. It means this is probably one of the songs Slash and Duff added to in the studio along with Hard School (providing that actually happened).

Amazing how even just the acknowledgement of new-ish music, even old new-ish music, helped turn my outlook around. If they keep going with things like this I'm interested again. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

This song is absurd...

And rehearsing Hard Skool and then playing a song that nobody asked for is like world class fanbase trolling.

Apparently they rehearsed this one, too, before Hershey. The screen graphic was in one of Meegan's insta stories from the Hershey soundcheck and it was also in the Hershey alt setlist along with Hardschool.

• Like 1

Maybe playing Silkworms/Absurd is the easiest and cheapest ways to generate a buzz for an actual new album.

I mean. they can play Atlas, Hard Skool and the General, but If they consider those songs big guns, why not create some buzz and headlines with a throwaway song to get everyones attention and without giving away too much right away.

Just my 2 cents :slash:

Edited by merces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, merces said:

Maybe playing Silkworms/Absurd is the easiest and cheapest ways to generate a buzz for an actual new album.

I mean. they can play Atlas, Hard Skool and the General, but If they consider those songs big guns, why not create some buzz and headlines with a throwaway song to get everyones attention and without giving away too much right away.

Just my 2 cents :slash:

sure. Why not? It worked.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool this has to be top pro trolling by GNR. Good thing is no songs are off limits now. They may release everything after all (or maybe not?).  The tour has just become a bit more interesting now!

I'm almost convinced the main reason they played this piece out of all the other possibilities is the vocal point of view. No rasp, easy text. Axl couldn't have handled HS in Hershey, and maybe he still doesn't feel like it. Plus maybe the element of surprise, as they knew folks had been expecting HS. Who knows though. 

• Like 2

This points to the Village Leaks actually influencing something being released. If it's material like this, from those sessions, with Slash and Duff on it, then hell yes.

They even changed the name! Which means they actually worked on it.

Edited by BangoSkank
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BangoSkank said:

This points to the Village Leaks actually influencing something being released. If it's material like this, from those sessions, with Slash and Duff on it, then hell yes.

They even changed the name! Which means they actually worked on it.

Slash and Duff working is no surprise but having proof that AXL has written new lyrics? Gives me real hope that something did actually materialize in the studio.

Guys not sure what was discussed here before, but the 2018 leak of Silkworms is exactly the same song with the same chorus that Axl sang last night. Not sure if Duff and Slash did more than play the parts already played on that leak with their own style. But the lyrics and arrangements are the exact same ones. So Whatever they did is based on the 2018 leak

EDIT just noticed the other thread.sorry!

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 1