1 minute ago, appetite4illusions said:

I was at this show last night…tripping on mushrooms…when Axl giggled and said they were going to try something, I couldn’t have expected it to be Silkworms.

It was so cool/wild to see Slash riffing on those electronic beats, but it was even cooler and more gratifying to find out he renamed the song “Absurd.”

That must have been wild to witness that while on shrooms :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How awful must the progress/quality of new material be that this is the song they decide to play?

I really think it's down to the range of vocals Axl would need to use on new tunes. It's not as challenging as many of the songs in their current set, and will definitely be easier for him to nail than Hardschool, plus, it's adding something 'new'.

• Like 1

My gut tells me they are trolling us and that they have actual new music (I'll even count Hardschool since it hasn't been performed live, even though it's not NEW new) coming out and/or being performed soonish.

But at the same time I don't trust my gut at all anymore, especially not when it comes to Guns. So maybe this is all we get. No Hardschool, no single, no album, no nothing. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

I unironically think that's what a new album with Slash and Duff should be called.

Either that or they should release a new double album with a new name. After 13/30 years I don't think that would be too much to ask for.

17 minutes ago, liers said:

Wasn’t there someone on this forum back in like 2013 who said that they asked axl about silkworms and he said it would be on the next album and reworked, and I think we all laughed and said they were lying?

Can we figure out who that was and send them an apologies card?

I remember that. the poster managed to talk to Axl as he was leaving a Guns N' Roses show at a smaller venue (maybe the Brooklyn Bowl, but I could be wrong on that regard). He or she, half-jokingly asked if we'd ever hear "Silkworms" and Axl said (completely sincerely) something along the lines of "yeah it will be on the next album and we're very excited about it." Shortly thereafter, Fortus did some kind of guitar clinic and someone specifically asked him about that, and he confirmed it was still on the list of songs they hoped to release. 

I mean- musically it was interesting.

Axl reminded me of Corey Taylor in the spoken word parts and they’ve clearly done a studio rework of this because the backing vocals of Axl were playing through the speakers. It would have made a great Slipknot track in 2000!!

The disappointing thing is that Absurd and Hard Skool were the only alt new tracks on the set list, which doesn’t suggest there’s been much work on new songs outside of these two.

Really hope I’m wrong because actually, as crazy as Absurd is as a track, musically it was great to see Slash, Duff and Richard really gelling and complimenting one another. 

I have always liked Silkworms, it's strange, it's weird but at the time I thought it was kinda brilliant but the best part was the chorus for me.

Absurd is not bad, I really liked it but I do miss the chorus but it's funny, just from the CD sessions they have a shit ton of songs that would make us, fans, happy to listen... And they play this one that almost nobody likes it... Well, I can only hope for Hardschool on the next gig

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UseYourDelusion said:

I mean- musically it was interesting.

Axl reminded me of Corey Taylor in the spoken word parts and they’ve clearly done a studio rework of this because the backing vocals of Axl were playing through the speakers. It would have made a great Slipknot track in 2000!!

The disappointing thing is that Absurd and Hard Skool were the only alt new tracks on the set list, which doesn’t suggest there’s been much work on new songs outside of these two.

Really hope I’m wrong because actually, as crazy as Absurd is as a track, musically it was great to see Slash, Duff and Richard really gelling and complimenting one another. 

Possibly these tracks are out front because they were leaked previously. Also quite possible that the work done on music was just as a lot of guesstimated and Slash /Duff just tweaked things rather than wrote all new songs.

I still hope that a more typical Slash song exists within whatever it is they are working on. 

• Like 1