29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Apparently they rehearsed this one, too, before Hershey. The screen graphic was in one of Meegan's insta stories from the Hershey soundcheck and it was also in the Hershey alt setlist along with Hardschool.

Where have people posted setlists/alt setlists from the shows?

8 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

Guys not sure what was discussed here before, but the 2018 leak of Silkworms is exactly the same song with the same chorus that Axl sang last night. Not sure if Duff and Slash did more than play the parts already played on that leak with their own style. But the lyrics and arrangements are the exact same ones. So Whatever they did is based on the 2018 leak

They probably heard it for the first time last week 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

Where have people posted setlists/alt setlists from the shows?

The Hershey setlist that was proven to be real

The Boston setlist, which was identical, has been posted somewhere in the show thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

They probably heard it for the first time last week 😂

I thought it was the weakest of all the leaks so I heard it twice before, it was hard to remember that I already heard this exact version. I just remembered there was a new leak in 2018. Yeah looking back, same shit but bumble isn't on this one. So it's at least as far back as 2014.

It is insane that 2001 was 20 years ago, the last time this song was played live and we consider that period still "newer GNR" lol.  I am glad they are doing something different of course, but I just am wondering out of all the CD songs to rework.... this one was a tad strange lol

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

LOL at people praising Slash for Ron's parts.

Slash isn't playing Ron's parts though. While the basic structure is the same as the BBF demo, all the lead guitar work is completely different. It seems like the chorus riff has been altered as well.

Edited by LlamaRenegade
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

Slash isn't playing Ron's parts though. While the basic structure is the same as the BBF demo, all the lead guitar work is completely different. It seems like the chorus riff has been altered as well.

He still says absurd in the last leak, exactly like he did here. All slash did was play the guitar leads in his own style, but they didn't change anything from that leak that bumble worked on

From the same cd they could also still pick out Goin Down, Perhaps, State of Grace and As it Began as possible songs that they revamped or just started playing as is with different slash solos. All of the above are stronger than Silkworms / Absurd in my humble opinion, but happy for them to play anything new. If this is what they're into, at least we get to see it and that's fine. But maybe the others will be picked up as well and that's cool to see

30 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It's hard for me to complain when we finally got something unexpected at a show. We can question the song choice, we can question why it hasn't lyrically changed at all since the village leaks. But it's undeniable that yesterday when Axl introduced it as something new, the chatroom I was in (we were watching a livestream) went absolutely bananas. This tour needed a jolt in the arm, and I am far more excited to be going to a show next month than I was after the Hershey date.

I liked the performance. I liked the way Axl sang it. I like the punk vibe it has now with guitars over the electronic version 20 years ago.

Honestly same - I was not going to MetLife and likely still won't (only nosebleeds at affordable rates), but now I'm FOR SURE tempted to go.

1 hour ago, axljungle said:

I’m Spanish and can’t understand this sentence.

what is the meaning of “pussy full of maggots “?

sorry, I use Google translator and I understand it

It was very wise of you to use Google translate and not Google image.

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I've been teased on this forum for years for suggesting Silkworms and the like will be utilized in future performances and releases. :D

Now I can say, told ya so! :P

I honestly didn't expect them to play Silkworms live though.

Maybe Oh My God is next!

The version they played last night is similar to the studio version that leaked with Bumblefoot's guitar parts.

OMG would be awesome. :drool:

It’s no longer impossible now is it? 

• Like 2